Please use caution in posting EMAIL Addresses!

You're on Page 1 of 4
Go to
  • We know how exciting it is to make new friends, and find someone that we can share our diet journey with, and realize that we're not in this alone. We are very lucky to have an incredible support system going here, and we hope everyone will be successful

As a public forum, though, the info you post is visible to all lurkers, and not all may have your best interests at heart. Please use caution when sharing your personal information, including your email addresses or various messenger IDs. If you want to exchange contact info, we ask that you do it through the Private Message system, and not in your posts. If you've already included info and want to remove it, click the edit button on your posts and you can edit it out.

We want this to be a safe and successful experience for you all
  • I never really thought about that before but I do see where you are coming from. Thanks
  • This is a very good point because I have found if you Google someone's email address, you can sometimes found where they have posted it in the text of a post, on a bulletin board like this! Then people can read all your posts!

PM is definitely the way to go.
  • caution useing e-mail adresses
    thank you for the info.i intered a pch one time and everyday i got all kinds of e-mails,never do that again.lol..peanuts
  • i wanted to thank you also for the nice avatar and reading below my name.it came out very nice.ty again..peanuts
  • Thanks for the tip. I now need to learn how to use the private message system. joan fay
  • Hi - I just registered and think I made a mistake by giving too much info - help! How and what should I change - I am not computer savy so I probably need simple steps - thanks
  • Did It,

Suzanne was referring to posting email addresses within the message board itself. You don't want to say "Hi my name is so and so, my phone number is this and my email address is this". Any information you used to register is kept confidential unless it is in your public profile. If you want to change any of your information you can look under "User CP" menu item and check items within there which you want to change.
  • Just registered today. Thanks for the info on what is and what is not recommended to post for personal information. Have a happy day!
  • hi everyone
    I'm new here. I noticed bikerlady's title and related to that. My husband and I ride Harley's, although I don't fit very well on the back any more. Since I've been w/him the last 13 years I've gained over 80lbs! He's always feeds me. Came to find out about two yrs ago he wants me fat so no one else will be interested in me. My health is starting to be affected. Doctor says I'm in trouble for stroke or heart attack. Time to get busy. I'm very much a loner. Read about 3fatchicks in a magazine so here I am. I'm 51yrs old,5'4",small framed and weigh 221lbs.In trouble need help!!!!!
  • Thanks for the heads up, it is nice to know you care.
  • This is a good idea
  • Nelie -

I LOVE your mottos!!!

Thanks!
  • Thanks for the advice!
  • I'm new here as well --thanks for the advice.