Another newbie... few questions for SB vets!

• Hey everyone,

My name is Kim. I'll be 27 in July. I currently weigh 150 lbs. Last summer? I was down to 113lbs. Not healthy -- the weight loss was the product of a bad breakup (no appetite) and over-medication for anxiety (also no appetite -- I was so strung out, I forgot to eat most of the time). I've since found a new man, battled the anxiety... and gained it ALL back plus 15 more!

SO, going to do the SB. Looking VERY forward to it. But... I'm getting a little stressed, reading posts from guys and gals who aren't losing much. I know slow weight loss is better than none at all, but I'm scared I won't lose any! Has anyone encountered that, people who've lost nothing at all?

Food questions: FF plain yogurt is on the list. But what about ff-sugar free yogurt? I assume that's no good, because there's some fruit in there.

And, I'm completely confused about milk. I get that we can drink it, but... are we better off with 1%? I drink a ton of skim milk all the time, so I'd rather have that but I've read in a few forums that we're not supposed to have non-fat.

But my BIGGEST question is: I live in Winnipeg, Canada. Where on earth do I buy Sugar Free DaVinci gourmet syrups??!

Help help help! Starting the diet tomorrow -- LOVING the recipes I've found on the forum. SO helpful!

Thanks everyone,
    Kim
    SW 150/GW 120
  • Kim - Welcome to the beach and 3fc!

I drink skim milk also, although I don't have milk that often. You can buy davinci syrups off of ebay if your local grocer doesnt carry them. Also you could go to a coffee shop and see if they can order some to sell to you. I'm not really sure about the sf/ff yogurt, I only eat plain ff yogurt flavored with sf Davinci syrup. I've had great success so far on SBD and I plan to keep this as a way of life! I love it and I feel great!!!
    Good luck!!
    Michelle
  • Welcome, Kim!
    I hear ya... those syrups sound GREAT, but we can't get them here. You should be able order them through the Internet, though. I believe you can get them by the case.
  • Yep order them right off ebay!! They have a ton of listings for the syrups!
    Michelle