Phases 1 and 2 - Please help!!

• Hi. Today is my 2nd day on the alternative plan. My question is: the Phase 1 Sheet says "to be followed until 100% of your weight-loss goal is achieved" and the Phase 2 Sheet says "to be followed until your weight loss goal is achieved (minimum 2 weeks)". I'm confused as to when I stop Phase 1 and start Phase 2 as they pretty much give the same instruction. Thanks for any responses.
  • wstarkes, welcome and congrats on getting started! Most activity is seen on the Daily Chat Threads. I think you'll get most (if not all) of your questions answered there. Here is the link to that thread. If you have any questions about IP (or life) at all, post there! People from all phases read it, daily!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...aily-chat.html
  • Quote: Hi. Today is my 2nd day on the alternative plan. My question is: the Phase 1 Sheet says "to be followed until 100% of your weight-loss goal is achieved" and the Phase 2 Sheet says "to be followed until your weight loss goal is achieved (minimum 2 weeks)". I'm confused as to when I stop Phase 1 and start Phase 2 as they pretty much give the same instruction. Thanks for any responses.
    Phase one used to be until you lost 90% of your weight then you would move on to phase two until you lost the rest, but now protocol states to stay on phase one until you hit goal, then two weeks on phase two, two weeks phase three, then maintenance. Likely the phase two sheet you have just hasn't been updated.
  • Thank you both!
  • I started IP in Aug 2013. The P1 sheet & info I was given says that you stay on P1 untill 100% of your weight is lost. You lose a bit more in P2 & possibly P3 (I did), but that is b/c you are supposed to gain 2 - 4 pounds in P4 - it puts you below your goal weight so you have some extra to work with.
  • Quote: I started IP in Aug 2013. The P1 sheet & info I was given says that you stay on P1 untill 100% of your weight is lost. You lose a bit more in P2 & possibly P3 (I did), but that is b/c you are supposed to gain 2 - 4 pounds in P4 - it puts you below your goal weight so you have some extra to work with.
    Thanks! Great job on your loss. Looking at everyone's progress is good motivation for me.