Praise for calorie counting....

• Though it is a pain in the butt, it does work!
    As you can see below I am losing slowly, very slowly, but I am losing. I started out doing Weight Watchers for a couple months and the loss was so slow I decided to switch to calorie counting and have seen an increase in my lbs lost. Calorie counting does seem easier than WW for me in general.
  • Good job! I think that calorie counting is more accurate, especially if you're weighing everything. I'd rather calculate calories than points too. (Not to knock WW, it works wonderfully for a lot of people!)
  • Congrats!
  • Awesome on finding what works for you!! Congrats!
  • Thanks everyone! I was down to 192.8 this morning. Still going sooo slow!! I am eating 1300-1600 calories, according to my activity that day. I have on occasion went up to 1800 when we've had family gatherings or been traveling and had to eat out for two meals. I try to average 1450 daily for the week. Seems like I lose more when I don't eat the same number day after day.
  • Good work! Keep going. I've lost all of my weight through calorie counting. The best part about it to me (besides how well it works) is that it's free.
  • That's so wonderful! Congrats! I'm doing the same thing, and so far, so good!
  • Calorie counting works for me and I don't find it to be a pain in the butt. If I stop counting calories and find myself at over 200 pounds again........that would be a pain in the butt.
  • 192.0 this morning!!! YEAH!!!! 13 lbs gone... and to never return!!!
  • Keep up the good work!
  • I found the same thing with WW! I like how that plan is set up, but with weekly points and activity swapping, I wound up eating too freely. Calorie counting is easier and works quicker for me too!
  • Congrats Amy on finding a plan you are happy with and is working for you. I've tried several diets before coming back to calorie counting.
  • 191.4 last week.....
  • Woohoo! And the best part about cc is that, if you stick with it, that's 12 lbs you've lost FOREVER! Congrats. =)
  • Congrats! I've found that I like calorie counting as well...it's helped me keep on track more.