myfitnesspal.com question

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • My son got a "toy" that lets him have apps so I'm in! Now, what do I do with this site? If you have a few tips for me pass them on (remember I'm a bit technically challenged at times!LOL) Do I just "search" for IP foods or do I have to put them all in to get the calorie counts etc?

....Now to just pry it out of his little hands so I can play with my new app a bit.... maybe he's sleeping and I can get it away... LOL
  • Diane - go to the MFP website (not the app) and get into the Friends section. At some point you can search for new friends. Enter my name: 3fcFishette
    Once we're friends I can let you see my diary and the things I do with it. I like using the app more than the website, but you can only search for a friend on the website.
  • Welcome to the tech age!

When you log your daily meals, you can search "Ideal Protein" and anything that other members have put into the database will come up. Same goes for veggies, proteins - the one trick I will suggest when putting your meat protein in is to search for the meat RAW. Some of the entries for cooked/roasted meats include more than just the meat, so searching for the raw version is closer to accurate.

I'm on there too, you can look for me and add me as a friend (scorbett1103), my diary is pretty up to date
  • thanks ladies....the tech age is scary but fun. If I can't figure it out, I just ask the 9 year old...
    Tomorrow, when less bleary eyed, I shall check it out. Thanks for the invites!
  • I would LOVE if you all added me on MFP! My handle is AZ247.
  • Quote: Diane - go to the MFP website (not the app) and get into the Friends section. At some point you can search for new friends. Enter my name: 3fcFishette
    Once we're friends I can let you see my diary and the things I do with it. I like using the app more than the website, but you can only search for a friend on the website.
    The other thing you can only do on the website is adjust goals. My coach told me IP is approx 50% protein, 30 far, 20 carbs. I adjusted that & then adjusted calories for <1000/day. I rarely hit that but on the off-chance that I do ( and still OP), I'd rather not show going over.
    I have the same user name on MFP as here. The support over there from 3fc-IP friends has been great!
    Another thing to do us make sure settings read that friends can see your diary, otherwise you'll have friends who can't really learn from you or support you b /c they can't see what you've entered!

MFP is available to anyone with a computer but can also be accessed they mobile app.
  • I am pocahontas812 on MFP. Feel free to friend me!
  • I hope you don't mind, but I just added you as MFP friends too. You may not want to look at my last week, I have been a little liberal with my phase 4 meals/snacks this week! I'm up a pound this morning but not worried, back to phase 1 today with no special events happening to throw me off! Do any of you have phase 4 goals? I would like to adjust mine but I'm not sure what to change them to! The auto setting had me at over 1600 calories, that can't be good so I've changed that to 1300. I also changed my protien, but I'm not sure what else to change! My user name is KKay43122 over there - LoriKay was already used.
  • Hi girls
    if you want to add me too, teddine :-)

looking forward to reading you there, too
  • Quote: I hope you don't mind, but I just added you as MFP friends too. You may not want to look at my last week, I have been a little liberal with my phase 4 meals/snacks this week! I'm up a pound this morning but not worried, back to phase 1 today with no special events happening to throw me off! Do any of you have phase 4 goals? I would like to adjust mine but I'm not sure what to change them to! The auto setting had me at over 1600 calories, that can't be good so I've changed that to 1300. I also changed my protien, but I'm not sure what else to change! My user name is KKay43122 over there - LoriKay was already used.
    LoriKay - That could be right, depending on your level of physical activity. 1,300 sounds low to maintain 128 - 130 pounds.

Look at your calories over the course of a week (an average) and see what happens to your weight over the same period. I lost last week (1.2 pounds) at an average of almost 1,700 calories, so I am pretty confident that I am safe to maintain at that level or a tiny bit higher. I want to maintain around 145.

I will friend you on MFP. I am LizzyH63 there.
  • Ok, well, I have one more Christmas weekend to get through and then I'll get on track and see what works for me. Right now, I'm constantly "sneaking" a bite of this or that... Much less than last year but more than I'm actually tracking on MFP. I'm trying to keep my wight under 135, that's my go to phase 1 weight. This morning I was up 1 lb but still have 6 lbs to reach my top.
  • I hope you don't mind but I am asking you all to friend me on mfp too!

Thanks Shauna
  • My handle on Mfp is getfinfab
  • OK, I just started my MFP account. Looking forward to it--I love playing around with things like that. But I'm not real tech-savvy, so I hope I'll get the hang of it quickly. My user name is the same on MFP: tam67green. I will add some friends from this post, and would love to be added to your lists.
  • This is GREAT! I've added all of you, my MFP username is Suchawittygal, in case anyone else wants to add me.