So what did you have for supper?

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • I thought we could see what others are having for their main meal.
    I'll start.
    Tonight, Wed. I had
    1. small tuna steak cooked in soy with fresh garlic and ginger 1 t olive oil.
    2. 5 asparagus spears--steamed
    3. greens from my garden. Beet, baby bok choy, green leaf. 1 pepper and 2 green onions. (so cool to have garden produce this early) dressing olive oil, cider vinegar and dijon mustard.
    4. small broiled tomato. top cut off, slash marks and then garlic powder, sea salt, pepper, basil leaves.
    I'm stuffed. I really don't measure my veggies.
    I've already had my 3 packets today, so I'm just having water and coffee until bedtime. I've never given up my coffee addiction and really, I'm not going to.
  • Melting Pot with my Hubby!

I started with a spinach salad with mushrooms, tomatos, and red onions, no dressing.
    For my meal I had chicken and steak and all the mushrooms and broccoli all cooked in the oil-no batter. I figure it was better than the broth since I KNOW oil doesn't have carbs.

I didn't have my veggies at lunch because the train cafe car AND the ballpark really didn't have any (and I still can't do dill pickles very well)
  • I love this!!
    This is great for getting ideas from others! Thanks for posting it!

I had some leftover Rotisserie chicken and made kale chips in the convection oven. Just broke up with my boyfriend so not so hungry tonight. I keep forgetting to take my oil. So, I'll go do that now. Hope everyone had a great evening!
  • Quote: This is great for getting ideas from others! Thanks for posting it!

I had some leftover Rotisserie chicken and made kale chips in the convection oven. Just broke up with my boyfriend so not so hungry tonight. I keep forgetting to take my oil. So, I'll go do that now. Hope everyone had a great evening!
    Sorry to hear about the boyfriend, at least you went for rotisserie chicken and not chocolate. I've heard others say that rotisserie chicken has a lot of sugar in the marinade they soak it in. I love it too. So salty and nummy! Hope you can sleep well and get over the breakup easily.
  • Quote: Melting Pot with my Hubby!

I started with a spinach salad with mushrooms, tomatos, and red onions, no dressing.
    For my meal I had chicken and steak and all the mushrooms and broccoli all cooked in the oil-no batter. I figure it was better than the broth since I KNOW oil doesn't have carbs.

I didn't have my veggies at lunch because the train cafe car AND the ballpark really didn't have any (and I still can't do dill pickles very well)
    How the H do you eat spinach without dressing?
    Sometimes I heat up the oil and vinegar and pour it over the spinach, it kind of wilts it!
  • I had rotisserie chicken as well! Mmmmm. With steamed broccoli and asparagus. About the sugar comment. I don't doubt that some places have sugary marinade. The chicken I bought from the grocery store has the nutrition facts on it! Bonus! No sugar in that one. I have a feeling ill be buying them quite often...mmmmmmm
  • Broiled tomato
    I could eat a broiled tomato every day if I could. I love them! question, my green cheese (you know the kind in the shaker bottle) 3 cheese, parm, romano, etc. says 0 carb 0 sugar and <1g fat. Sure makes the tomato AWESOME!!
    My kids always called it green cheese!
  • Quote: Sorry to hear about the boyfriend, at least you went for rotisserie chicken and not chocolate. I've heard others say that rotisserie chicken has a lot of sugar in the marinade they soak it in. I love it too. So salty and nummy! Hope you can sleep well and get over the breakup easily.
    Thank you. I don't eat the skin so the chicken should be ok. I get the bird from Costco and have never had any problems. I think if you eat the skin you will run into those problems, but I usually just eat the white meaty part. It's very plain, but last time I stir fried it with some zucchini and it was pretty good that way with some salt and spices.

It's been a long distance relationship for 2 years now. It's been coming, just hard to do because of all the memories and good times but I know it's for the best. This is one of the hardest things I have had to do in a long time.
  • Tonight I cut up a cauliflower head into small bits and 1 turnip into small cubes and boiled them. When done I put about 1tsp oil and 2 tablespoons chilpotle ranch dressing and mashed them.. Then added some onions. Had that with a 1/2 chicken breast with steak spice and pepper. It was quite good that way I slice my chicken into strips (easier if semi frozen) then fry in a little evoo. Have a great night everyone

getting it off - sorry to hear about your breakup tomorrow will be a better day.
  • Dinner tonight was my usual fall back meal: steamed fresh spinich, a grilled 6-7 oz chuck eye steak w/ low sodium soy sauce and garlic salt, one sauteed zucchini in 3 teaspoons olive oil. Water w/ lemon. "Dessert" was my last IP product for the day, a RTD choc.
    I usually eat this meal b/w 2 in the afternoon and 5:30. Today was @ 5:30.
  • Quote: How the H do you eat spinach without dressing?
    Sometimes I heat up the oil and vinegar and pour it over the spinach, it kind of wilts it!
    Not quite sure how I managed it....I couldn't do it 3 weeks ago that much I can tell you. The dressing was a wine based vinegrette so a no no and I didn't have my WF stuff.
  • Tonight was seared scallops and sauteed kale rabe with a side of lettuce with oil/white vinegar/dijon 'dressing'. I will stick to regular kale in the future. I had to choke it down. Oh, look, almost time for my 3rd packet! Mmmm... chocolate pudding with curry powder and a sprinkling of sea salt.
  • Tonight we grilled tilapia and had spinach + cucumber salads. Yum.
  • I had over salted poached cod and cauliflower.
  • So, you guys can tell me if anything I used was off program, because it was so good I'm worried I cheated. (I'm just learning to cook as I do this program! Before my husband would cook or we'd go out.)

I made a taco salad! I browned ground turkey, spiced it with fresh cilantro and chives and 1 teaspoon of no msg, low sodium fajita seasoning (was this okay?). I made a salad of fresh spinach, chopped bell pepper and onion. Put the turkey on the spinach and topped it off with about a tablespoon of pico de gallo.

I'm not sure about the fajita seasoning and pico de gallo, but it was really good!