More Big Life Changes behind me and still on track!!

• Hello my beloved 3FC, I have missed everyone. The last few weeks have been unusually hectic for me. But we're finally moved, but only somewhat settled, in our new apartment.

For those of you who don't know or remember, BLC (Big Life Change) #1 was in October when my then-fiance came home from Iraq. I had to adjust to a new routine, having junk food in my home, having to cook for the two of us (making it "yummy" enough for him and staying on plan for me), and basically avoiding all the temptations of the lifestyle we lived before he left for Iraq (drinking, going out to eat, fast food, etc). Well I made it through BLC#1 without stepping a toe out of maintenance range

BLC #2 was graduating college. I made it through the stress of finals, the farewell dinners, the "let's go out for ice cream one more time for old time's sake" and so on.

BLC #3 was when we got married...3 days after my last college final. Again, eating and drinking and being merry with friends and family and so on.

And holidays...my oh my the holidays, lol. I am SO glad that they are over with!

Well BLC #4 is more or less over with. We moved from Alabama to Oklahoma where my husband will be attending Captain's Career Course at Ft. Sill, OK. Our kitchen was a half packed disaster zone for about two weeks leading up to the move. Then we were staying with family and in hotels for nearly a week, and this is my first full day in our new apartment. Most of our stuff is still in Georgia...thank you, Army. Needless to say, it was pretty hard to stay on plan, but I think I did decently. We went out for dinners, ate on the road, and so on. But I am still on the low end of my maintenance range (and it's my TOM!).

We're moving again in 6 months (to who knows where), but other than that, I'm done with my major BLC's for now I have all of my on plan food necessities, already have a walking route figured out, and I'm pretty much set. After all of this, I have gained a much greater level of confidence and trust in myself. I've only been maintaining for about 7 months, but if I can get myself through all of that and still have my butt firmly planted on the wagon and well within my maintenance range, I have a whole lot more faith in myself.

Anyways...that's my mini-brag/update. Now that we're in our new place, I'll be able to post more regularily again
  • Congratulations on making it through all the BLC smoothly! That is a great sign of your maintenance skills.
  • Congratulations and thank your hubby for his service in our military.
  • That's great news Megan! Life is a series of happenings, some more stressful than others, and we have to find a way to cope other than food and bad habits. It sounds like you have done wonderfully!
  • Hello again and welcome to Oklahoma!! I live near OKC, but we have a really great state if you have time to play. In your part of the state is a great area, Wichita Wildlife Refuge with a small town called Medicine Park nearby. It is worth the time to visit both for a day.
  • I am always glad to see your posts, Megan, even the ones I just read. You have done so well with all the changes. You are AMAZING! Keep up the good work.

Barb