C25k!

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • I started this program today...it wasn't easy even though it's only 60 seconds of running alternating with 90 seconds of walking!

But I completed day 1...I didn't die...although the first round of running I thought I was going to! And maybe the last 2...but I pushed through and I did it...and I did it at over 260 pounds! And...I'm going to keep doing it until I can run a 5K...

I feel like I can accomplish ANYTHING! I've got so much life back since starting to exercise, I haven't been depressed...my outlook has completely changed!
  • Starting tomorrow! Wohoo! Awesome job!!!
  • That's great! I trained with the C25K a few months ago, and now I run an hour daily! Just keep it up, I found that sometimes it was hard, I wanted to die at points, but it gets better and you will find that you can run more and more until it becomes like second nature. Good luck!
  • WONDERFUL!

I love your enthusiasm! Happy for you, indeed.
  • Fantastic!! I'm starting week 6 myself. You CAN do it.

This may come up for you...feel free to play with your speed, I think. I think I was taking it too fast. I had to run 20 minutes straight on Saturday and thought I was going to die!! LOL! I had to back off the speed just over half way through. Later I ran again at a much lower speed and did just fine for an extended period of time, so much so that I think I could potentially run the entire 5K next time, and I'm going to try. If my theory is true, I'm going to go for distance/time first and speed later. I can increase speed through sprints.

All that to say...congratulations!! And mess around with speed.
  • I love this program too, running makes me feel empowered for some reason. Good for you!
  • Congrats Keep it up, that's awesome!

I am going to start this next week! Must be something in the air

-Aimee
  • Way to go! I love running, it feels like such an accomplishment for me, who could barely walk not too long ago!

I started week 8 (28 minutes nonstop) today. There may be some days you wonder how you're going to manage, but you will!
  • congratulations and good luck everyone!!!

I have heard to slow it down...speed comes later! I'm doing an 8k in july (whilch I'm ok with having to alternate running/walking) and in August plan on doing a 5k...and really push myself to run it!
  • I did C25K back in January and now I run 4 x a week. It feels great and it there is NOTHING like running for getting in shape.
  • Uber, dumbest question ever! How do you run FOUR days a week? LOL! I am so OCD about scheduling stuff. How do you run four days with days in between?
  • There is no way at least right now I could run 4 days a week! My legs need that break in between. I do workout on my in between days, but it doesn't use my legs much...more weight lifting. Did W1D2 today, and it was a bit easier then day 1. Hope that trend continues!
  • pinkhoodie: How many days off did you take in between day 1 and day 2? I also go to the gym5x a week
  • I can't believe I'm going to commit to this...
    but I'm starting tonight!! My boyfriend and I have been walking for 30 minutes most evenings. I just checked out the c25K website and think it sounds like a perfectly reasonable and sane way to get my fat a** moving.

Believe it or not, this 251 lb 42 year old, out of shape, fatty used to be in the Army and could run 8 miles, do 50 "real" push ups and hundreds of sit ups! I have really let myself get so unhealthy and out of shape that it is sad!!

I need to do something motivate myself! I used to think I'd start exercising after I lost 40 lbs but lately while I'm walking, I've actually felt the urge to run! I'm going to start tonight. I'm going to start tonight. I'm going to start tonight.
  • I just took one day off between. I'm running really slow lol. But yesterday I did about a 20 minute workout 10 minutes kickboxing (mostly punching) and 10 minutes weights. I'm thinking about doing 1 mile walk away the pounds on my day off. But I want to take the day off easy to give my legs a break. So I'm sure I will tweak it as time goes on. Right now we are going about 2 miles in 32 minutes was our time today. My program is only 30 minutes though. Is that how yours all is? I'm using an app on my android phone...