Mock Snicker Doodle

• Has anyone made the Mock Snicker Doodle recipe on page 192 of the cookbook? I think they may have left off the end of the recipe. My question is, after you put it on the cookie sheet do you bake it ? Any thoughts?
    Thanks. Ali
  • Oh my gosh! I'm so glad you asked this b/c I was just looking at that recipe and noticed the same thing! LOL! I was wondering if you bake it or chill it! LOL! Too funny.....hope we get the answer
  • Quote: Oh my gosh! I'm so glad you asked this b/c I was just looking at that recipe and noticed the same thing! LOL! I was wondering if you bake it or chill it! LOL! Too funny.....hope we get the answer
    Those are my favorite cookie!! Please post if you guys find it! THANKS!
  • okay..I tried them. I saw another recipe in the cook book for cinnamon cookies that are exactly the same, except it uses a slice of bread instead of 1/4 cup of oatmeal, and it said to bake at 350 for 10 minutes, so I did that for the snicker doodles. I had 5 teaspoons of dough that I put on the cookie sheet and they really puffed up. I tasted one. I think they taste okay - not like snicker doodles. I suggest adding more cinnamon. I put some on the warm cookies so maybe as they cool it will sink in. I will have my other 4 cookies for breakfast tomorrow. I think we need another protein when we eat them for breakfast even though the recipe says it replaces 2 oz. of protein. It only has one egg in it and if we have eggs for breakfast we get two. Let me know what you think if you try them.
  • Quote: okay..I tried them. I saw another recipe in the cook book for cinnamon cookies that are exactly the same, except it uses a slice of bread instead of 1/4 cup of oatmeal, and it said to bake at 350 for 10 minutes, so I did that for the snicker doodles. I had 5 teaspoons of dough that I put on the cookie sheet and they really puffed up. I tasted one. I think they taste okay - not like snicker doodles. I suggest adding more cinnamon. I put some on the warm cookies so maybe as they cool it will sink in. I will have my other 4 cookies for breakfast tomorrow. I think we need another protein when we eat them for breakfast even though the recipe says it replaces 2 oz. of protein. It only has one egg in it and if we have eggs for breakfast we get two. Let me know what you think if you try them.
    I make the cinnamon cookies a little different. I put a powered HNS in instead of the creamy HNS. I like the cranberry-grape and the lemon. I don't use the cinnamon or the sweetner. I like them better than the mock snicker doodles.