Old 09-04-2009, 05:38 PM   #1  

Default Mock Snicker Doodle

Has anyone made the Mock Snicker Doodle recipe on page 192 of the cookbook? I think they may have left off the end of the recipe. My question is, after you put it on the cookie sheet do you bake it ? Any thoughts?
Thanks. Ali
ali g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 08:37 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 195/159/133

Height: 5'4"

Oh my gosh! I'm so glad you asked this b/c I was just looking at that recipe and noticed the same thing! LOL! I was wondering if you bake it or chill it! LOL! Too funny.....hope we get the answer
shopgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 08:50 PM   #3  
WANNABTHINAGAIN

S/C/G: 207/178/167

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shopgirl View Post
Oh my gosh! I'm so glad you asked this b/c I was just looking at that recipe and noticed the same thing! LOL! I was wondering if you bake it or chill it! LOL! Too funny.....hope we get the answer
Those are my favorite cookie!! Please post if you guys find it! THANKS!
wannabthinagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 09:54 PM   #4  

okay..I tried them. I saw another recipe in the cook book for cinnamon cookies that are exactly the same, except it uses a slice of bread instead of 1/4 cup of oatmeal, and it said to bake at 350 for 10 minutes, so I did that for the snicker doodles. I had 5 teaspoons of dough that I put on the cookie sheet and they really puffed up. I tasted one. I think they taste okay - not like snicker doodles. I suggest adding more cinnamon. I put some on the warm cookies so maybe as they cool it will sink in. I will have my other 4 cookies for breakfast tomorrow. I think we need another protein when we eat them for breakfast even though the recipe says it replaces 2 oz. of protein. It only has one egg in it and if we have eggs for breakfast we get two. Let me know what you think if you try them.
ali g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 08:49 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 192.5/157/155

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ali g View Post
okay..I tried them. I saw another recipe in the cook book for cinnamon cookies that are exactly the same, except it uses a slice of bread instead of 1/4 cup of oatmeal, and it said to bake at 350 for 10 minutes, so I did that for the snicker doodles. I had 5 teaspoons of dough that I put on the cookie sheet and they really puffed up. I tasted one. I think they taste okay - not like snicker doodles. I suggest adding more cinnamon. I put some on the warm cookies so maybe as they cool it will sink in. I will have my other 4 cookies for breakfast tomorrow. I think we need another protein when we eat them for breakfast even though the recipe says it replaces 2 oz. of protein. It only has one egg in it and if we have eggs for breakfast we get two. Let me know what you think if you try them.
I make the cinnamon cookies a little different. I put a powered HNS in instead of the creamy HNS. I like the cranberry-grape and the lemon. I don't use the cinnamon or the sweetner. I like them better than the mock snicker doodles.
vabbus is offline   Reply With Quote