Everyone Weigh in 07/18/08

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • It's time for the 3FC weekly general weigh in thread. Everyone is welcomed to join, just jump in whenever your official weigh in day rolls around. Good luck all!

Me: 184, up two pounds from last week. Since I'm actually working on a Friday morning instead of sleeping in for several hours (I'm not exactly a "morning person, even when my morning begins at 8 PM), this might not be as big a rise as it seems. It still isn't good, of course, but doubt that I have gain two pounds of fat this time. But, of course, I do have to cut back some more.
  • I was at 263 this morning. It's the first day of TOM, so I'm shocked to be down. I've also had more bread-based carbs than usual the past week (but not over my calorie limit). Carbs tend to leave me hungry, but grocery money is tight and I haven't been able to buy the proteins I wanted this week (I did just buy a whole bunch of tilapia filets tonight on sale though). I've been fighting off massive cravings. There was a huge pan of brownies at work all of Monday and Tuesday, and I didn't so much as taste the frosting. I'm pretty proud of that!
  • 171. So 1 pound from last week. YAY I can change my ticker!
  • After the TOM, trying to get myself organized with a plan, I still lost .5 lbs. A loss is a loss! Next week will be even better!
  • 0.6 down this week, ive also been battling TOM cravings, and water weight, hoping to see a little more loss over next few days.
  • Not pretty but not as bad as i thought. I got on the scale this morning and it said 138.8. I guess that's not as bad as before i went to bed last night and it said 141.2. I haven't stepped on a scale in about 1 1/2 months because i was afraid.

But....i started back excersizing last night so i am feeling good that i am on the path to weightloss again. Still got about 15 pounds to lose to be where i really want to be.
  • I'm still at 244 today
  • HOORAY! I am down another 2.2 lbs from my pre-vacation weight. (Vacation was, gulp, a month ago, and then a 'mini' vacation for the Forth of July.) So I am FINE with that. Only 10 lbs to go to my first goal. Only 9 weeks until my wedding! I don't think I'm going to kill myself to get to 165 by then, but I bet I could get dang close to that! After I reach 165 I'll re-assess to see if I want to get to 160, but I know that below 160 won't work for me.
  • Down from 203.6 to 203 - I weighed before I left for my walk (203), walked my 3 miles (can't believe I'm still doing it!), and then when I stepped on the scale again, it read 202.6! But, I'll "officially" take the 203!!!

I increased my proteins, and upped my "better" fats (avocados are sooo yummy!), and knocked down my sodium. Still keeping the numbers around 1500. Hey, whatever works!
  • Scales drive me crazy. Depending on where it is on the floor, I'm either 158 or 160 this week. Either way, it's a loss. I'm going to take the average and say 159 - down two pounds from 161 last week.

This may be a fluke - I've weighed in at 161 everyday this week (at the spot where the scale now reads 158) with NO fluctuation AT ALL - but this is my official weigh-in day, so I'm taking it.

I need to up my exercise this coming week. My workout buddy is back (finally!) after a six-week vacation, so I'm looking forward to more frequent and more intense workouts.
  • Down 3. Shocking considering TOM will start on Sunday.

I just have to ask: UrsusMari... Why do you move your scale all around the floor? LOL! I laughed so hard when I read that. I visualized myself stepping on the scale, getting off, moving it to the left 5 inches, stepping on, stepping off moving it to another room....etc.
  • Quote:
    I just have to ask: UrsusMari... Why do you move your scale all around the floor?
    LOL, I don't know! It's something I discovered when I was a teenager - that if I moved the scale around the room, it would read my weight differently - probably due to the floor being uneven. Since then, I just haven't trusted scales to tell me the "truth" unless I weigh myself in different places! I know, it's silly.
  • Down 2
  • My scale pulled a dirty trick on me today. At first it said down 6 (I have not weighed in awhile) and oh course I was happppppyyyyyy! But then, I wanted to be sure, it said down 3. UGH! Best 2 out of 3...still down 3, best 3 out of 4...still down 3. UGH! Oh well, official logged weight for the day is down 3.

I plan on increasing my excersise as I can't not possiably cut any more calories.
  • Down to 172 this morning, and one notch skinnier on my belt!! That's 3 lbs. since Saturday. Is it realistic for me to aim for 165 by 8/9? I'm working out 7 days a week, often twice a day, and I eat six small healthy meals a day totally about 1200 calories.