300+ Weekly Thread #1174

You're on Page 7 of 7
Go to
  • WELCOME Bliss!!! this is a great bunch of girls!!! they will hug you if you need it but watch out for that swift kick in the backside when you need it too!! LOL

SouthernGal- I think that is most of our problems "feeling helpless" I have to keep reminding myself that I am worth it and that as much as I invest in others I need to do this for me! One step at a time we will get there!

Well my Internet has been running for two days continuously now.............so maybe it is fixed? LOL who knows.....they are sending out a line worker to take a look at the pole and the wiring further away from my house. We should be good now.

I am going to start logging my activities again........I have a calendar in Excell that I have been keeping track of my exercise, WL, water oz.....except I stopped altogether in August...........since it is still early Sept I will start again I know it really helped me when I did it before!

I started beans in the crockpot yesterday and made a batch of turkey chili from scratch........I usually use a mix for the base..........but felt it would be higher in sodium and fats so I created my own base and tossed in some barley(ssssshhhh no one noticed) for extra fiber & protein! DH has to have meat in every meal so I added just a bit of ground turkey I saved from yesterdays pasta bake.......he really loved the chili.........couldn't believe I made it from scratch LOL Now don't get me wrong I can cook most anything........but there are certain things I just have to use a mix or instant.........brown gravy(which I don't make anymore), white steamed rice(which I don't make anymore but even brown rice I have a hard time with), and chili LOL

Debi or Debbie what website are you talking about I think I missed the conversation.......but love crafts so would love to know the site!

Angels-Congrats on being so close to the 200's!!!! WOOOHHOOOOO!!!!

Zelma-glad you stopped in.........I truly enjoy your comments! You are a true inspiration!!!
  • Greetings my Peeps!

I am safe and sound. TS Hanna was a bust of a storm. We've had spring storms do more damage. Not that I wanted the power to go out!! It didn't go out cuz I was prepared. Instead, we got a great soaking that was totally needed.

I put the canopy back on the carport, been doing laundry and picking up things in the house today. I even got the litterboxes done.

My sister was out of town this weekend and I went over to her place 45 min away to check on her place. I gave her fat deaf white kitty lots of hugs and kisses. I now have white kitty hairs up my nose *achoooooo!* hehe.

Luv and Hugs,
    Ratkity
  • Hiya Peeps - everyone ready for a new week? My house was spotless on Friday and tonight it looks like a tornado hit it. I had to do a quick pick up/clean up as I'm having a friend for dinner tomorrow night. At least it forced me to get all the laundry folded.

Well today I did something I never knew I could do - I walked five miles - not all at once - I broke it up in 3 sets - but it still is five miles. Somebody pinch me please - I had previously never done more than a 5k.

The scallops and corn recipe was not my favorite - I think I'll be chugging water to was all the salt away. DH loved it though. I cut the fat by 50% and it will still too greasy for me. I will try it again - no recipe next time.

Hope you have all enjoyed your day.

Hugs,
    Carol
  • Its Monday morning!!!
    Please STOPposting and follow us to our new weekly thread #1175