Exercise Accountability – Jan 2008

You're on Page 5 of 11
Go to
  • 60 stairclimber. I'll feeling a little like I'm in a rut! It'll stick, though, through at least tomorrow...its convenient and that is what I need right now when things are busy!
  • I had the sniffles when I went to work out today and started feeing congested while on the bike. The congestion (with the aid of a number of tissues) cleared up during Pilates and strength workout. Now I am sitting at my desk shivering with a fever and totally congested . . . DRAT!!! I really wanted to make up time that I missed by working till 11:00 PM last night.

Do you guys think I can do at least some cardio with this cold?

Today:
    15 min. stationary bike (and beat my personal best by working through level 15 resistance).
    50 min. pilates/strength
    25 min. brisk walk (through the rain even)
  • 55 min stairclimber, but at a very high intensity.

Goldia, I follow the above/below neck rule. If all symptoms are above the neck (nasal congestion, scratchy throat, headache), working out is fine. If they travel below the neck take a break. And ALWAYS listen to your body (if you have a throbbing migraine, for example, it may be above-neck, but working out isn't going to do you ANY good).
  • Today I did weights (apprx 30 min of my routine) and a good 10 minutes stretching. I was going to do my 20 min HITT (10 min warmup + cooldown in addition) but ran out of time (work break had to be cut short).

Looking forward to morning yoga!
  • Yesterday I was lazy but today back on schedule
    30 minutes on the elliptical
  • Friday Jan 11th
    30 minutes jump rope, ran 1 mile. Walked 1.5 miles.
  • Angie and I took the mutts to Starbucks this morning for a 3.5 miler.

I haven't been out for a walk with them or treadmill since Monday...dang! I had four hour meetings at church on Tuesday and Wednesday nights, then Angie and I met our son and daughter in law Thursday at an irish pub for dinner and drinks.

I usually don't do anything after work friday night since it is date night...last night, after our tough week, date night for Angie and I was a rotisserie chicken with sweet potatoes and broccoli at home....a little Ghost and Dog Whisperer and each with a blanket, some newspaper, and our own recliner!
  • Jan 12th
    This morning: 65 mins elliptical.

Tonight: Kathy Smith Lower Body Firming.
  • I excersised 2 days in the gym for an hour this week, yay!
    I also did 25 min. of yoga and 30 minutes on the treadmill last night.
    I just woke up since I got off of work so late last night, well...this morning.
    So I'm going again after I get done with this bowl of special K. (tummy was screaming for food!)
  • I did turbo sculpt and a 20 min cardio turbo jam workout
  • DH and I took a nice long walk a little more than an hour...
  • Jan 1 Treadmill 25 minutes, Stationary bike 14 minutes, Eliptical 11 minutes
    Jan 2
    Jan 3
    Jan 4
    Jan 5 Walked at mall 30 minutes
    Jan 6 Treadmill 30 minutes, Stationary bike 20 minutes, Eliptical 12 minutes
    Jan 7 Aquacize class 55 minutes, Golden Lite class 51 minutes
    Jan 8 Treadmill 45 minutes
    Jan 9 Aquacize class 55 minutes, Treadmill 20 minutes, Water jogging 15 minutes
    Jan 10
    Jan 11
    Jan 12 Stationary bike 17 minutes, Treadmill 15 minutes, Eliptical 13 minutes

walkingmom
  • Hi, Is it all right if I just jump in here too! I could really use some one holding me accountabLE! I talked my husband into buying me an elliptical yesterday and he was good enough to put it together for me when we got home. I used it for 30 mins. last nite. My arms are a little sore this morning but other than I'm fine. I thought that my legs would be really sore but there not . So today I'm going to up the incline and resistance. Does anyone have any advice on using a elliptical and has anyone had any success using one. Thanks, I'm so happy I found this forum.
  • Sunday - 40 min romp with the dogs
    Monday - 40 minutes jump rope, walked 1.5 miles

re: elipticals - Vary your intensity and move forward and backward to challenge your legs in different ways. My body gets acclimated to this machine pretty quickly, so I mix it up with running and jumping rope to keep my body challenged. Other than that, enjoy it!!
  • Today - 60 min on my brand new elliptical.

Yesterday - the carrying and assembly of the elliptical. My arms are SORE!