Please tell me exercise gets easier.....

You're on Page 3 of 3
Go to
  • Quote: Do you guys think that if I do like 2 minutes on an eliptical it will actually help? I cant do more than that, I just can not.

Quote: I also made a committment that I would increase by a minute a day, every day, for a week.
    This. I remember the first time I got on an elliptical. I went for 5 minutes and then had to get off. My legs were shaking so badly I could barely stand up. I did the same as Windchime - increased my time minute by minute until I could easily do up to 75 minutes, and then I started upping the levels. I love the elliptical now, I've even purchased a cheaper-end one for my own home (though nothing compares to the club models at the gym).

I don't know if it gets easier, but it definitely gets better.
  • Quote: I don't know if it gets easier, but it definitely gets better.

That's a good way to put it. I still have to talk myself into it every night--in fact, I'm reading here now because I'm delaying my workout! But the last week or so, I've noticed something: After my workout, sometimes as much as an hour or two after, I find myself thinking, "I should go get back on that again!" I don't immediately feel an endorphin rush like a lot of people report, but for several hours after I'm done, I'm finding that I feel invigorated or something. I can feel my blood circulating through my body and.....I dunno, I just feel happy that I did it. Especially on days when I wasn't really *feeling* it, but did it anyway.
  • Oh My Gosh, the first time I did the elliptical I only lasted for 2 minutes and that was with trying to get my feet to step correctly! But each day I tried it and now I can go for 30 minutes and LOVE the work out. I just turn up the i-pod, shut my eyes and get to stepping. You will be able to go longer. Believe me. If I can, you can!!!