Don't Be a Turkey - Thanksgiving Challenge - OFFICIAL CHALLENGE THREAD

You're on Page 22 of 34
Go to
  • stacy : I had a rough patch lately too and gained some pounds back. I finally am back on track and just got back near my starting weight for this challenge. I dont know how reachable my goal weight is right now either.. but.. all we can do is WORK OUR BUTTS OFF and try! That's what's important. Even if you lose only a bit of weight.. or just take a step in the right direction.. you are good to go!
    Know you're not alone.. we will try together to reach those goals! That aren't.. THAT far away... i guess hehehe Hugs to you!
  • Reda - Thanks. I've been told that it's like that for everyone.

Eny - Awww! It's that Halloween time. It'll pass.

Stacy - about the guinea pig. He's in a better place now.

I've been swamped with homework this weekend! And I have a huge test tomorrow so... !

Hopefully I'll be able to get in some more miles! And I'm lookin' forward to the new mini challenge!
  • I'm struggling today. I didn't sleep well last night and today I have a work event to go to at 5:30. I'll probably end up working 12-13 hours today.
    I'm really crushing on this guy I went on the date with, but I hate being vulnerable. I guess being vulnerable is part of dating and I should take the risk if I want the potential for reward.
    300/500 miles
  • Jeannep: So happy that you like the guy you went on a date with. That's a good frist step! hehe It took me a long time to learn the vulnerability isn't so bad afterall. Like you said.. sometimes you just gotta put yourself on the line.
    That being said... just enjoy your time with him and be open and honest about your feelings! I hope there's a second date with him in your future! Have fun
  • Thanksgiving Mini Challenge Number 2
    Okay everyone here it is! The second mini-challenge.

It is really simple. The first person to lose 5 pounds wins!

If you want to participate in this 5# challenge please PM ENY YOUR START WEIGHT TODAY OR TOMORROW. Also please post here and keep us updated.

As soon as your 5#'s down tell us all and PM Eny for your special sticker!

Good luck!

Reminder: The first "mini-challenge" has NOT ended. It will go until the end of the Thanksgiving Day challenge. You can participate in all of the mini challenges you like! Have fun!
  • I'm in for the 5 pound challenge!

SW: 242

Don't forget to PM Eny your Start weight as well!
  • I'm in too!
    SW: 190

Off to PM....
  • Quote: And FB, <sigh> after weighing myself today and seeing it go up .5 I can't help but think about how well you've done.
    Oh Vanessa - I cannot count the times my weight has fluctuated like that. Down 2 pounds, up 3 - and for no reason related to being on plan! I curse that scale every time. I hate it too. Really, I've gone through it countless times and will continue seeing that happen, I'm freaking going through it right now. It's the way weighing works. Don't sweat it, you're the one doing well!

If you could see my weigh in graph, that represents weighing in every day this year you'd be reassured. It's getting pretty big and long though to share here.

Keep up your good work!
  • SW: 170.2
    GW: 165.2

I will be so happy to kiss the 70's goodbye!
  • I am weighing in in the morning!!Eny you are on girl. I love this challenge!! I am just hoping I get to go to the Y for pool free time them my fitness class. If she (DD) doesn't have the shot record I am going to ask my sister to watch my grand daughter so I can go to fitness class then free time in the pool. Bribe her I will take her to our sisters' for cards early!! Sounds good to me!! Pat
  • Yay! Mini challenge #2! Thanks Mel

My start weight : 232
  • C25K week 1 day 3 complete...and my legs just wanted to keep on running! It was hard to stop, but I did.

SW for mini challenge is 227!
  • Im in of course!

SW:248.6
  • I'll have to face the scale tomorrow.

Oh yeah, I'm at 268/500 miles to Plymouth!
  • Well I am in for 2nd mini challenge
    SW 174.4 I will PM Eny with it as well