Old 05-17-2006, 10:24 PM   #16  
The Beauty of Balance

S/C/G: 213/193~196/<195

Height: 5'7"

I am probably a more hopeless hula hooper than you, Casey! I can jump rope.. but hoola? hula? I'm not even sure how to spell it!

Lots of 'functional fitness' going on at work this week. I'm going to need a restful weekend for sure.

I got in my yoga class today and then walked on the treadmill at home. Next week is our last scheduled class. Since our private instructor is moving, I've got to find a new class somewhere. I don't even know how to go about finding one. The class at work just fell in my lap.

Yoga has really been a catalyst for forming my fitness routine. More than I ever realized it could.
Jayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 12:03 PM   #17  
Eat less, taste more

S/C/G: 179/166/128

Wow!! Look at you go!

Now that you point it out I have no idea if its hula or hoola either! I just assumed hula...like a hula dance!

With the yoga why not google it to try and find an instructor in your area? It would be a shame to give it up when you feel like it is so helpful to you.

I wish I could say I've been as active but I really haven't. Its been quite hot here the last few days and it just sucks the energy out of me. I know thats no excuse. I really should go buy a swimsuit and hit the pool. But then I have to face shopping for a swimsuit....

Casey
Sapphire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 07:54 PM   #18  
The Beauty of Balance

S/C/G: 213/193~196/<195

Height: 5'7"

It's the last day of May.. so how did we all do?

I haven't reached my personal goal. I've extended the miles till tomorrow midnight. But I feel great about how far I've come. With the exception of the past week being so distracted I think I've been doing really well. Le'ts see what I've accomplished.

Cardio is almost a daily deal. Most of the time it is the treadmill but sometimes it is jump rope or the trampoline.

Yoga.. amazing...absolutely great. Now the challenge will be to continue it on my own for a while.

Strength training. In addition to the yoga, I've done a little but not even close to enough to really mention. This will be my biggest goal over the summer.

Casey, if you start a new exercise thread tomorrow (add a link to this one). I can't wait to get started and post my goals.
Jayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 10:13 AM   #19  
hara hachi bu

Jayde, "fitness" and "routine" never go together in my sentences. ha ha.

I've been a terrible exerciser. I find it much easier to work it in to my daily life, but I've managed to not do that lately. That is probably why I am plateauing, too.
phantastica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 10:37 AM   #20  
Eat less, taste more

S/C/G: 179/166/128

Well...I did very well with my active living in May...gardened just about everyday. And I mean "extreme gardeneing" involving heavy shoveling and raking gravel!

But my planned exercise didn't really take off the way I had planned...

New month now though so I'm off to start a new thread for June!

Casey
Sapphire is offline   Reply With Quote