Weekly Journal Buddy Thread (July 17-23_

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • Do you make your own hummus or buy it? I haven't found a kind I *love * yet, but I've had some great homeade hummus. Too bad i'm such a crappy cook.

Yesterday I was actually decent, and I got my butt to a 1.5 hour yoga class and did 44 minutes of elliptical/treadmill cardio. Today I have to make sure I get enough protein.

Breakfast: 2 eggs, 2 slices turkey bacon, 2 slices wholegrain bread

lunch (planned): veggie burger, mixed veggies

snack: Bolthouse farms protein drink (1 c), piece of fruit

dinner TBD

Workout: 75 min yoga class, 45 min cardio
  • I buy hummus. My favorite hummus comes from a restaurant that I used to go to but I moved so no more of that. I have been meaning to make it myself but I haven't yet.
  • I make hummus with the Fantastic Foods mix.

today:

1 packet cinnamon weight control oatmeal
    1/2 tablespoon natural peanut butter
    1 teaspoon clover honey
    2 cups skim

1 can healthy request soup, chicken & rice, more water added than called for to reduce the sodium some more.
    1/2 cup-3/4 cup baby spinach & radicchio
    1/4 cup mushrooms
    1 serving light done right house italian dressing
    1 light multigrain english muffin
    1 tbsp smart balance
    1 stick reduced fat string cheese

1 packet doritos
    2 sticks reduced fat string cheese
    1 yellow apple
    2 servings baby carrots

1 serving kashi blueberry cereal
    1/4 cup skim milk

I am nervous now guys because I am home & the cereal is open now. Cereal is the easiest thing ever to binge on. Keep your for me.
  • Thanks for the TLC info, nelie.

I make my own hummus with chick peas, garlic, lemon/lime juice, EV olive oil, and tahini. I don't stick to a given recipe, just taste it to see if it's balanced, but I tend to go easy on the oil and heavy on the garlic, and always add lots of black pepper. There's a stall at our local farmers' market that does the best hummus I've ever tasted , but I'm too cheap to buy it very often.

Well, I ate nowhere near what I'd planned yesterday, but apart from a small portion of ice cream, it was all good stuff, so I'm okay with that. Sticking to a plan isn't my forte. However, with that said:

Today's plan:
    • Optimum Slim cereal with raisins and skimmed milk. Done.
    • Fruit shake (banana, blueberries, skimmed milk, tofu).
    • Cottage cheese and Marmite on Ryvitas, carrots and sugar snaps.
    • Baked salmon, broccoli, peas, brown rice.
    • Apple.
  • I am really glad to see this thread. Funny I was thinking about it on my way home from the gym.

Here is what I ate yesterday:

Breakfast
    Oatmeal...Low Sugar Maple
    Blueberries
    1 cup skim milk
    coffee

Snack
    1/2 cup hummus
    pita chips

Lunch
    Turkey
    White nectarine

Dinner
    Blue Fish
    Roasted Veggies
    Cucumber and Tomato salad

Dessert

Cherries

No exercise. I am on an every other day routine.

Today-
    ... so far has not been that great as far as eating since I am on vacation I went to lunch with my Mom. I am also tending to "treat" myself to things I do not get in Korea.

Breakfast
    Oatmeal
    Blueberries
    Skim Milk
    Coffee

Snack
    Hummus
    Pita chips

Lunch

gucamole with chips
    chicken/avacodo quesadilla
    My favorite dessert....tartufo.....(vanilla and chocolate ice cream ball with thin chocolate shell and a cherrie in the middle)
    decaf coffee

Dinner will be:
    bluefish
    roasted veggies

Dessert
    cherries

Exercise was fine I went to the gym and worked like crazy on the recumbant bike for 20 minutes using the fat burning setting (instead of level 1). I also used the arc trainer for 20 minutes and the arm bike for ten. I was dripping with sweat by the end.

So maybe the tartufo will equal out and there will be no gain. HOWEVER...I know I am on vacation and am trying to do what I can but I am not in full diet mode while I am away. So I am not beating myself up over anything.
  • Blew it again after the fruit shake. Went for a long bike ride with hubby, and just couldn't be bothered to start cooking when I got back. I had two big pieces of fried chicken with small fries. I'm sure the kcals won't kill me, but I know I'll feel the effects of too much fat and too few veggies tomorrow.

Incidentally, tomorrow is day one of a smoke-free Fishy! I'm off out for my last one now.
  • I did ok yesterday. No gain... which is a success in itself. Looking forward to today.
  • I'm proud of you, Darlene! It just shows that you can still enjoy a vacation without piling the weight back on.

(Hmm... are you listening, DishyFishy! )
  • Awwww, Fishy. Be gentle with yourself. You can't uneat anything. You can only move onward & downward.

today

2 eggs, scrambled in a little butter
    2 slices white toast, buttered
    1 banana
    1 serving 1% milk

^^ate at mom's with my little man silent begging at the table. Silent begging is sitting nice, as if to say, "Look what a good boy I am. I am sitting nice. Don't you want to share your breakfast with me?" and I did give him some toast crusts & a bit of egg & a bit of banana. I can't help it, he's good. And he has lost a pound, and is down to 17 pounds.
  • I always switch up my dinner.

Pre-dinner snack (dinner was late, ~8pm) - 1 piece of "The Baker" cranberry and pumpkin seed bread (70 calories), couple of wasabi dry roasted edamame (20 calories?)

Last night Dinner - 1/2 cup whole wheat pasta, 3 tbsp pasta sauce, 1/2 cup eggplant sautee, 1/2 cup black bean salad (black beans, corn, tomatoes, red bell peppers, green onions), 1/2 cup salmon/cucumber/bell pepper salad with a side salad (lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, bell peppers) and 1 tbsp newman's own honey mustard dressing.

For today:

Breakfast - 1 ultimate meal (ultimate meal powder, 1/2 banana, 1 kiwi, 1/4 cup soy milk)

Snack - 1/2 cup black bean salad

Lunch - 1 cup eggplant sautee, 1/2 cup whole wheat pasta, 3 tbsp pasta sauce with side salad

Snack - 1/2 cup salmon salad

Snack - 1 cup mixed veggies (carrots, bell pepper), 1/8 cup hummus

Dinner - Maybe veggie pizza
  • Yay for quitting smoking , Dishy! Lean on us... it's a toughie.
  • Thanks, Dana! Today was difficult, and I have to admit to having had a wee smoke this afternoon. Pretty feeble attempt, huh? I'm going to look into those pretendy cigarette things to help me out. I can't use the patches because of an allergy, and this cold turkey thing is nasty.

On a brighter note though, I did fine on the food front. I seem to do better without a plan! And I even got in a couple of walks totalling about 7 miles. (Spoilt a little by my . )

Today's food:
    • Wheat bran cereal with raisins and skimmed milk.
    • Fruit shake (banana, blueberries, skimmed milk, tofu).
    • Asparagus, carrots, spinach, sugar snaps, and sunflower seeds with dressing (black pepper, garlic, EV olive oil, and raspberry balsamic vinegar).
    • Baked salmon, broccoli, peas, whole wheat noodles.
    • Apple.
  • Confession time....
    I ate a whole bag of chips tonight, and washed it down with a bottle of wine. I really don't know what gets into me sometimes. I mean, I started the day well, but spent the entire afternoon planning to have crisps and plonk!! Wouldn't you think at some point I'd have come to my senses? But no, I waited for it to cool down (it was 43ºC in my garden, and I can't get the indoor temp below 32 ) and then went for a walk with hubby to the off-licence and supermarket. He said to me, "Should I be reminding you how awful you'll feel after this?". I just said, "Nope.", and carried on. Poor bloke!

Today's food:
    • Fruit shake (banana, blueberries, rasps, skimmed milk, tofu, FF yogurt).
    • ½ cup black beans, ½ cup FF cottage cheese, red cabbage, carrots, spinach, 2 Ryvita crisp breads.
    • Big bag of crisps.
    • Apple.
    • Bottle of red wine.