Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 12-28-2011, 12:29 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 173/172/140

Height: 5 feet 8 inches

Post Ready to Put it in Writing

So, hello everyone. You always hear about how having others hold you accountable is a great way to help you stay on track and some organizations will even allow you to pay them money to give you that accountability - hey everyone's gotta make a buck, understandably. So, not wanting to spend my hard earned money I have tried other forms and NOTHING! So I hoping that this will give me that accountability without breaking my bank.
So I figured why not put it all down and actually look at what I want and what I am going to do to get there.
I have two beautiful girls who are 5 and 2 and you can only use the "baby fat" excuse for so long - and that has passed for me now. I have lost 19 pounds since my second daughter was born, but there is still more work to do. I have reached a plateau and cannot break 170 to save my life. My ultimate goal is to reach 140. To reach this goal I know there are things I have to do:
1. exercise regularly - I am going to start with the Slim-n-Six - already paid the money years ago, so why try something new before I try what I already paid for.
2. eat more veggies - which I already love, truthfully, I just hate cooking!! And I mean HATE.
3. Not quit - but not feel guilty if I allow myself something special on occasion.
4. Write it down - journal everything - and that is what I am hoping this will allow me to do.

I will check in at least once per week to report progress but more often would be best, I know.

So there is - in writing. Now we will see how we do this time.

Go forth and concur!!
JElis017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 02:38 PM   #2  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

I definitely find that accountability is absolutely vital to my success. When I'm entirely on my own, I procrastinate.

I wish I could say that stating my intentions here would be enough accountability for me, but it's not. The anonymity of the forum just doesn't provide enough pressure for me.

So for me, I get most of my accountability through a local chapter of TOPS (taking off pounds sensibly). On one hand I am paying for that accountability withe the yearly $26 national dues, and the $5 per month chapter dues and a few other minor expenses (such as a dime per pound if I gain at weigh-in).

My chapter runs a lot of contests so you can actually get paid for losing weight. This year, I thought I was just going to break even (which still is kind of cool), but it looks like I might actually come out ahead. I just found out last week that I am still in the "circle" contest (I wasn't keeping track). This is a contest where if you lose and maintain a 10 lb weight loss, at the end of the year, if you've still maintained that loss, you earn $5 for making the 10 lb loss, and $1 for each month that 10 lb loss was maintained. So depending on when I made it "into the circle" I could get as much as $16 for the year (I don't think I lost the ten pounds in January, but I'm pretty sure I had it by May - which would mean $12).
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2024, 10:28 AM   #3  

As a student, I've faced academic hurdles that seemed insurmountable at times. MasterPapers.com came to my rescue with their professional assistance and comprehensive writing services. Their support not only improved my grades but also boosted my confidence in tackling challenging coursework. Discovering this resource has been a game-changer, and I'm thankful for their role in my academic journey.

Last edited by BillBlueEyes; 05-30-2024 at 07:53 PM. Reason: Removed link
Dustin A Maynard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2024, 10:32 PM   #4  
banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaplods View Post
I definitely find that accountability is absolutely vital to my success. When I'm entirely on my own, I procrastinate.

I wish I could say that stating my intentions here would be enough accountability for me, but it's not. The anonymity of the forum just doesn't provide enough pressure for me.

So for me, I get most of my accountability through a local chapter of TOPS (taking off pounds sensibly). On one hand I am paying for that accountability withe the yearly $26 national dues, and the $5 per month chapter dues and a few other minor expenses (such as a dime per pound if I gain at weigh-in).

My chapter runs a lot of contests so you can actually get paid for losing weight. This year, I thought I was just going to break even (which still is kind of cool), but it looks like I might actually come out ahead. I just found out last week that I am still in the "circle" contest (I wasn't keeping track). This is a contest where if you lose and maintain a 10 lb weight loss, at the end of the year, if you've still maintained that loss, you earn $5 for making the 10 lb loss, and $1 for each month that 10 lb loss was maintained. So depending on when I made it "into the circle" I could get as much as $16 for the year (I don't think I lost the ten pounds in January, but I'm pretty sure I had it by May - which would mean $12).
Yeah, I've been looking for something like this for a long time too.

Last edited by BillBlueEyes; 05-30-2024 at 07:56 PM. Reason: Removed false quote with SPAM link
Gahaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2024, 11:43 AM   #5  

Yes, Its true. Writing tasks its so hard for everyone. From organizing thoughts to meeting deadlines, it's a demanding task. Sometimes it's better to turn to writing services for help. Before opting to them for help, researching reviews. For instance, I studied Paper 24 review and only placed an order after confirming its authenticity. This diligence ensures the quality and originality of the work delivered.

Last edited by BillBlueEyes; 05-30-2024 at 07:57 PM. Reason: Removed link
Cynthia R Shankle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2024, 08:59 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 232/207/150

Height: 5.8

JElis- I look forward to reading your progress posts and wish you luck breaking through your 170 barrier. You can do this!!!
I needed something to jumpstart my recent efforts. Read about drinking green tea to improve metabolism. I have had some success drinking green tea the past few months. I have no way of knowing what it is doing to my metabolism, however, I notice it gives me an energy boost and a much better mental attitude towards my efforts. I had problems bingeing badly on various foods. Now I turn to a cup of green tea multiple times daily and it seems to keep me on track. After dinner I drink the non-caffeinated versions. I think just being able to have a hot drink in my hand that I can slowly sip on while watching TV or whatever calms me down and I don't go dashing off to the snack closet because I am bored. The other suggestion is to keep a big tub of non-fat Greek yogurt in your fridge and grab a spoonful if you feel truly hungry between meals or just before bed. It takes a while to get used to eating it plain. Has tons of protein which staves off hunger and lots of probiotics for the gut. If you hate eating it plain, add some sugar free jelly, jam, or flavored Jello.
I wish you well in your endeavors and look forward to hearing your progress. I, too, hate to spend the money on formal programs and joined this message board hoping for ideas and support.
ZWants2BHealthy is offline   Reply With Quote