Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 10-10-2007, 09:49 PM   #1  

S/C/G: ?/250/160

Height: 5'6"

Default (Re)Intro

A year and a half ago I signed on here, impressed by the range of support and inspired by the progress so many members have made. My own fitness plan got off track due to a knee injury that took months to recover from. Now I'm almost good as new, but frustrated at being back where I started.

I'm back because I've decided to commit to getting fit by my 50th birthday, which is still (thankfully) two and a half years away. I would like to plan some sort of adventure to celebrate - something like a walking tour of Ireland, Scotland, or the Lake Country really appeals to me.

My biggest challenge now is finding a plan I can stick to - I'm convinced that "dieting" has helped me put on this weight, and so I am aiming for portion control, avoiding bread for now, and eating more veggies. I also try to stay away from processed foods of all kinds, and I think artificial sweeteners are the work of the (just my opinion, folks).

I hope I can contribute some words of support, but I will likely pretend that I don't need anyone's help

I do have one question to ask, though -- does anyone know how many calories a hot flash burns?
dustdiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 01:57 AM   #2  

welcome back

your plan is very simular to mine,

im dropping unhealthy stuff in favour of better things, no callorie counting, but portion control as my main issue is bad food in high quatitys

plus lots more exercise

(yeah im not a fan of artifcial sweeteners, shuush lol)

i liek ur goal, really good idea, kinda like a realxed marathon with good views haha
unassembled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 12:49 PM   #3  

S/C/G: ?/250/160

Height: 5'6"

Thanks for the welcome. And that's a neat way to look at my "walking tour" idea. A Zen marathon, maybe :-)

I just checked out the Superfoods forum - finding lots of good ideas there to get more variety in the foods I eat.

Good luck on your journey, too!
dustdiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 04:06 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 93.6/92.5/85

Height: 5.4

I do have one question to ask, though -- does anyone know how many calories a hot flash burns?