Old 02-03-2007, 01:58 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

Default heart month - feb challenge!

Well girls! It's heart month - love, and we'll go for health too, eh! Now that the christmas weight is off (or close to), it's time for your next goals.. weight related or anything you are aiming for!

I am aiming for 10 pounds this month - I always aim high!

-Aimee
SwimGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 05:22 AM   #2  

ugh, I just woke up with the weirdest feeling in my body... it's so hard to discribe.. but I gotta get it out otherwise I worry what'll happen. So I felt kinda dizzy and like I had a headache, but when I completely woke up, I realized no headache.. just off. Sat up for a while, still off. Got up, went to go pee, and realized sometime during that pee that I felt like if i open my mouth, I'm going to throw up. Thats how I feel now, and it's not like I feel in control of the fact this might happen.. which is the creepy part for me. I just don't fricking get whats going on with my body lately!! These headaches are just like insane, and it sometimes feels like NOTHING is going to take them away!! And I thought eating healthy was supposed to give me energy? Instead sometimes I'm sleeping 10+ hours a night and not feeling refreshed until I sleep closer to 12! I am really working SO hard at this, I just wish my body would calm down...

-Aimee
Old 02-03-2007, 05:47 AM   #3  
used to be tofat

S/C/G: 189/128.5/130

Height: 5' 3 1/2"

Aimee-Hang in there girl. I totally know how you are feeling about not being in control of your body. I hope you're feeling better by the time you read this. Thanks for starting us on a new month.

My goal for this month is neither weight-loss, or exercise related. My goal is to get myself an idea of what happened to my vision last month, treat whatever they say needs to be treated, and get rid of my headache. The past few weeks have proven that I cant maintain a healthy lifestyle without addressing those issues first.

On a better note, I met with a chiropractor yesterday for a consult and have an appt. today for my first adjustment. He's not making promises of taking the headache away, but I figure its worth a try. He is also the first person who really seemed concerned about relieving my pain NOW instead of putting it off while more people see me/tests are run. It was refreshing to find someone who truly seemed to care.

fatbgone-Are you gonna run a race? I've only done 5K's so far. I'm considering a 10K this summer but I'm not as brave as Aimee and haven't paid my money yet.

Courtnie-Is Vietnamese (am I remembering correctly what you ate?) as loaded with sodium as Chinese? You'll be down soon enough. In fact you'll probably experience a big drop one of these weeks!

Well, this'll be the coldest walk of the winter, but we're taking the next 2 days off (supposed to be colder still) so I dont want to skip it. Hopefully I wont get frostbite. Seriously, I've got 4 pairs of bottoms on, and 4 layers on top. Plus the cool hat with earflaps, scarf and 3 pairs of gloves. Come to think of it its a really good thing its dark when we walk.

Have a great Saturday ladies.
ArtsyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 10:00 AM   #4  

Brandy - at this moment I am feeling better, no worries of myself throwing up, thank goodness! I am tired as heck though, I must have slept 4 hours total... what a night for the bf to be snoring! Work will go fast today, and luckily I am working with people I really like... otherwise I'd be finding a way to go home sick. I'd glad to hear about the chiropractor, and hopefully he can help that headache. It truely is hard to function with a headache. And your Feb goal sounds like a good one, your goal doesn't have to be exercise and weight loss related, your health should come first.

I don't know if I'm brave with the 10k, but I do know that if I can't run the whole thing I can walk it. We've been walking it for the past 2 years, and there are TONS of walkers.

I am off to work.. have a good one ladies!

-Aimee
Old 02-03-2007, 02:36 PM   #5  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

still was up today, argh... hopeing it down tomorrow... after I just ate pizza and fries, haha - but i made it all at home so it wasnt as bad as if I had of gone to costco or something - im going to get on my bike for at least an hour today and drink lots of water

and the rest of my eating today will be real healthy
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 01:59 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 204/204/145

Hey girls! No-I am not running any races. I am certainly not a runner - I dont breath right I guess. My sides always hurt! NSV - my daughter had some friends over and I made them brownies. However, I did not have one! Tomorrow is superbowl sunday and I am chowing on some turkey chili and spicy chicken wings! I'll pass on the rest of the junk.

Brandy - good luck with the chiropractor. I went to college with a guy who was giong to enter chiro school nly for the money - he didn't believe in it. However, by the time he graduated he was a firm believer after seeing it work time and time again.

Aimee - girl what's up with you! Get better!

Courtney- maybe lots of salt in the pizza? It'll drop off soon I'll bet!

I am also aiming for 10lb/month loss. I am also aiming for exercising 120 minutes a week or 480 minutes in February. I did 40 mintues this morning! My and Richard Simmons - haha. I can't keep up with much else. Many programs hurts my knees. I know this is not a huge amount of minutes, but much more than I am doing now! I will set everything up tomorrow - I'm too tired right now. Today I did my measurments and compared to my Dec 29th measurments. Yee-haw!! Down inches everywhere!
fatBgone07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 10:11 AM   #7  
Fat-be-gone

fatbegone - way to go on losing inches!!!!

aimee - wow, that's pretty scary when your body goes out of whack and you don't know what the heck is wrong with you. Hope you feel better.

brandy - i hope the chiropractor works out for you. i know if I had had a headache as long as you had, I would of pulled out all my hair. You're very strong, girl. Hang in there!

courtnie - I hope you were good the rest of the weekend!

I'm going to aim for 10 pounds this month too. And I Am aiming for at least staying within my points daily. I have been on WW but have really not been following it....what a waste of 40 bucks a month. I have to get with it or I'm going to have to quit.

Here's to a brand new week everyone!!!
Rosario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 01:46 PM   #8  

Goodmorning gals! I am spending the day in bed today, I have come down with some flu/cold stupid thing. I have a fever, chills, hot flashes, sore throat and I'm SO weak, so so gross. Yesterday was the worst, someone called in sick so I couldn't leave work early, and then I had to drive myself home.. that is something I never want to do again. I honestly thought I'd end up crashing because I felt so bad, josh was out at a Super Bowl party so I had no choice, BUT I survived!

Courtnie - you be a good girl this week, make sure you are getting some exercise in.. choose healthy options.. all of that stuff.

fatBgone - congrats on your measurements and the GREAT NSV! Little choices add up and are the reasons we lose this weight!

Rosario - you can totally do WW, just make sure you are eating tons of fruits and veggies! The Hills premiers tonight over here... I hope Lauren isn't so dumbass about guys this year. Seriously, who would choose Jason over PARIS? Silly silly LC!

Well I am tapped out, I will talk to you gals later...

-Aimee
Old 02-05-2007, 03:04 PM   #9  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

i wasnt that good... argh, karden and i went to the movies and shared some chocolate, but whatever ill do my best this week and if im real lucky ill have a loss!
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 06:51 PM   #10  

I am feeling SO much better, fever is still here but instead of being insanely cold I'm just really warm and a little weak. I am SO glad to feel a bit better tho

-Aimee
Old 02-05-2007, 08:14 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 204/204/145

Aimee- glad you are feeling better! Well, i did not do as well as I had planned during the SuperBowl. I had my turkey chili and wings (I made myself so not too bad) but I did chow down on some chocolate, nachos and ship&dip. I didn't pig out, but had some of everything! I did not have to worry about eating enough calories yesterday. I am hoping a jump in calories will be good though. I have heard some people take one day a week and really increase the calories to keep their body from getting in plateau mode. That is how I am justifiying - haha. However, I have not had any junk since Christmas, so my body really retaliated! Yikes- I was almost late for work because I couldn't get out of the bathroom. Rough lesson! LOL
fatBgone07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 07:54 AM   #12  
used to be tofat

S/C/G: 189/128.5/130

Height: 5' 3 1/2"

Good morning gals. I had a Very good day yesterday. My opthalmologist ran the vision test and I have NOT lost any vision, the cupping on my optic nerve is down (dont really understand that, but its a good thing) and I do NOT have glaucoma. He said I may never really know what exactly happened but a hematologist might be in order to investigate why the one blood protein is off. I'll see if the neurologist will help me figure this all out on Friday. Regardless, the fact that I haven't lost any vision, and am NOT going blind really was a huge relief. AND, my headache is gone. The chiropracter did it, the pain from his adjustment is gone now and I'm just feeling a bit if pressure in my head-NO PAIN.

Aimee-glad you're feeliing better-I hope the fever leaves today. I think your 10 pound goal for the month is very attainable.

fatbegone-I never thought I'd be a runner either, but I've done really well. I just started really short runs and increased every week. Great exercise goal for the month.

Courtnie-Its so hard to be strict with food when you want to be out with your bf and really try to enjoy yourself. I know its going slow at the moment, but your weightloss will pick up again. Hang in there.

Ro-10 pounds for the month! You can do it. I hope you sick to your points today. How did your move go?
ArtsyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 01:43 PM   #13  

fatBgone - as long as you limit your little cheat to one day, it's totally recoverable! Just get back on track and you'll be fine

Brandy - I'm SO glad your headache is gone - they are a complete pain! Literally! Sounds like all good news on your part, I can't imagine how relieved you are right now. I am not sure the 10 pound thing is attainable with this stupid sickness. But I'll still aim for it.

My fever has PASSED! It passed in my sleep, I got woken up at 4am with a phone call (the alarm at work went off and my bf is the closest manager), and I felt NORMAL! Not warm, not cold, just normal. I slept the entire night When I woke up I felt something in my throat and it hurts to swallow - so my plan is THIS : Take some more nyquil and have a nap this afternoon. When I wake up it should be GONE! I'm trying to be positive because it feels like my tonsils... poop! Seriously, I want to hurt the girl at work who got me sick.

-Aimee
Old 02-07-2007, 10:27 AM   #14  
Fat-be-gone

aimee - you know what helped me once with my tonsils, orange juice and salsa. Well, I drank some juice in a glass that had salsa in it (don't ask me why) and I guess there was still some remnants of the salsa and it worked wonders for my throat! If you're brave enough, y don't u give it a try???

Brandy - the move was horrible. we're still not done. I don't blame you for not wanting to move out of your house. and we only have an apartment!! I can only imagine how your move would be moving from a house!

fatbegone - hope you are not letting your superbowl slipup get you down!!

Today's my wi. I hope I didnt gain anything. I know its wishful thinking but I'm hoping for a loss.

I was thinking about quitting WW because I just don't know if I want to continue paying the 40 dollars a month, but I thought about it and I'd probably waste that 40 dollars on food anyways. Might as well put it towards something that is helping me. Or I might cancel it and put it towards a gym membership at Ballys since I have to leave my other gym because its not at a convenient location anymore. Decisions, decisions. But for now, I'm going to stay with WW.

Hope you guys are all doing good!!!
Rosario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 02:49 PM   #15  

I feel alive!! It's kind of a weird feeling considering how BAD I had been feeling. My throat is feeling better too, it's still a little swollen, but I went in with a wet q-tip and pushed out a couple of the white gross things. TMI? heh. I am going back to work today too, 5-10pm.

Rosario - they say 80% of weight loss is your diet, so with that in mind? I'd keep with WW, it really can work.. it's just important to keep up the fruits and veggies. So I don't think I'm going to try and orange juice and salsa - I am NOT brave enough for that mixture!

I've been SO off track the past few days, I really can't wait to feel better and get back to things. I am only hoping that I didn't gain weight - I have been eating maybe 1 "meal" per day, and even then only had like soup.. I always gain when I get sick.

-Aimee