Closed Thread

Old 06-09-2005, 11:13 AM   #1  
Starting over once again

Question I know nothing about SB

I'm researching low carb plans before starting any. I was on Atkins for a while & had good success but after a while & a lot of personal issues, I went back to my old way of eating.

Now, I'm looking for a low carb plan that will go along with my daughters gluten-free diet but I would still love to have the fruit that I eat now. Can you have fruit on the beach?

I am going to buy the book of the plan that I do decide to follow. I just need info now so I won't be out buying five or six books on a plan that I have no intention of following.

Thanks in advance!!!
Old 06-09-2005, 12:43 PM   #2  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Please read all the FAQ -- but just for a short answer - this is not a low carb diet. This is a GOOD carb diet! There is a huge difference...

Second, you will go through 3 phases -- the 1st is very strict. You will not be able to eat rice, pasta, bread, potatoes, SUGAR, corn, carrots, fruit or fruit juices (among a few other things) for 2 weeks. Then, you can reintroduce some of these things back slowly.

Please read the book and if you have any other questions, let us know. And welcome!
Old 06-09-2005, 01:03 PM   #3  
Starting over once again

I had always heard SBD called a low carb plan & then after posting my initial post, I did a little research on the web & found that it WASN'T low carb.

I also reserved the book at my library and as soon as dh gets home from work, I'm headed over there to check it out before I buy. From what I found out & what you posted, the first two weeks will be the worst. We eat quite a bit of rice & corn because those are the only grains my dd can have. And I found out that corn is pretty much always off limits.

I just want a plan that I know that I can stick to. I think I could with SB if I could just get past the initial phase. Knowing it is only two weeks is also knowing that there is light at the end of the tunnel. So, that's a good thing.

Does anyone stay on Phase I for longer than two weeks? I know when I was on Atkins, Induction was only recommended for two weeks but several people stayed on Induction level for a lot longer. Not that I WANT to do Phase I for longer than two weeks... just wondering if it is possible or harmful if I need to. I know that I shouldn't be comparing Good Carb to Low Carb but I guess I'm still in that mentality.

I'll read all the SBD FAQ's and then read the book.
Old 06-09-2005, 01:09 PM   #4  
Starting over once again

Quote:
Originally Posted by natenkayliesmom

Does anyone stay on Phase I for longer than two weeks? I know when I was on Atkins, Induction was only recommended for two weeks but several people stayed on Induction level for a lot longer. Not that I WANT to do Phase I for longer than two weeks... just wondering if it is possible or harmful if I need to. I know that I shouldn't be comparing Good Carb to Low Carb but I guess I'm still in that mentality.
Never mind... I found the answer to this @ http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=52754
Old 06-09-2005, 01:47 PM   #5  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

glad you are reading through the threads! And feel free to join us on the Daily post (you can find it on the main thread, under the day's name)
Old 06-09-2005, 01:50 PM   #6  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Stephanie, you might want to check out the books for all of the plans from your local library. If they don't have some of them, you can usually get them on interlibrary loan. It's the best way to really understand the plans.

Good luck!
Closed Thread