Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2004, 02:18 PM   #1  

Default How about Peanutbutter?

I was using Jiffy peanutbutter, so is that okay or do I need to get a different brand, any suggestions?

Old 01-18-2004, 03:42 PM   #2  

Hi! It needs to be all natural. Smucker's makes a delcious all natural peanut butter, not sure about Jiffy. The oil separates in the natural pb so you'll have to stir it up well then refrigerate it. (Also, its limited to 2 tablespoons per day.) Hope that helps!

Last edited by GavinsMom; 01-18-2004 at 10:05 PM.
Old 01-19-2004, 01:08 AM   #3  
WW Moderator

Yes, read the label to see if it is sugar free and free of added Hydrogenated oils. it's sad what the people put in the peanut butter to make it smooth and sweet. The taste difference is amazing! All you want in your ingredients are peanuts, or peanuts and salt.
Old 01-19-2004, 08:53 AM   #4  

Height: 5'-2"

I think Jiffy is full of icing sugar.
Old 01-19-2004, 05:07 PM   #5  

oops, just bought a jar of peanut butter, although it was advertsied as low fat. I checked the label and it has a net carb count of 4. That was the best I could find in the p.b. section of the store. Next time I'll go look in the health section.
Old 01-20-2004, 04:05 PM   #6  
what goes around...

Yes, any sort of health foods store or natural foods store is best. We have a small health store here that has a peanut butter machine. Right before your eyes, fresh salted peanuts come down out of the hopper, into the machine... and out of this spiggot, into your container. The stuff comes out warm. No choice of "creamy" or "chunky"; it's actually a very thick, gritty product. Costs more, but well worth it!
Old 01-21-2004, 06:49 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 318/ticker/160

Height: 5'4"

I love the Smuckers natural PB!

The store brand of LF PB was on sale and I bought some of that, too. Right now my youngest eats it because she prefers creamy to chunky. When I get into Phase II and later, can I eat that PB too or should I stick with the natural?

thanks,
Cassie
Old 01-21-2004, 09:01 AM   #8  
WW Moderator

Stick with the natural, it doesn't have added sugar. You might be able to sneak it in your kid's sandwiches! My son has a friend who doesn't eat vegetables, except for carrots, french fries and corn. How his parents let him get this far in life only eating that, I don't know. Anyway, he'll only eat peanut butter and grape jelly sandwiches. Won't even consider another flavor of jelly. A few weeks ago we threw out all of our sugar jelly and kept just the Just Fruit brand. We talked him into a fingerful of black cherry jelly and he liked it, and ate it. My vote was just slip it in quietly and if he notices, tell him it's healthy and all he gets. My husband decided to be honest and it worked.
Old 01-23-2004, 07:49 PM   #9  
Sugar Free Mommy

Hi guys,
Just wondering if anyone has seen the Smuckers PB in Canada? I live in Toronto.
Thanks,
Jenn
Old 01-23-2004, 07:58 PM   #10  

Height: 5'-2"

Jenn, I don't recall seeing it... Do you have anywhere that you can just buy a good "natural" peanut butter? A health food store, etc? I think we buy... hang on...let me check in the fridge.
Oh! It's a no-name of some sort. From the grocery store. All natural, no sugar, no salt. It's really good.
Old 01-24-2004, 01:20 PM   #11  
Tanned Sexy Chick

Check in the refridgerator section of your store....often times that is where the "natural" peanut (cashew, macadamia nut) butters are. In both chain stores near me, they are kept near the creamed cheese, sour cream etc.
Old 02-04-2004, 09:26 PM   #12  

I purchased the Kroger store brand and it was delicious. It is natural and tasted really different at first, but now I do not think I could eat the other
Old 02-04-2004, 09:57 PM   #13  
WW Moderator

I also get the house brand sometimes. It seems creamier than the Smuckers, BUT I just bought Smuckers Reduced Fat and it is even better! Undoubtedly the best peanut butter I have ever eaten. You can buy it at health food stores, but your grocery store may have it. Here, it is on the top shelf over the regular pb's.

No hydrogenated fat makes a big difference in texture. YUM!
Old 02-05-2004, 11:49 PM   #14  
Chicklet

I found Trader Joe's organic/natural peanut butter wonderful!
My son tried it and like it too! Very tasty and no saturated fat or sugar, just peanuts!
I even bought the chunky kind cause my kids never liked it.
Closed Thread