Closed Thread

Old 03-21-2007, 04:30 PM   #1  

S/C/G: Starting over

Height: 5'7"

Default Fruit instead of sweet treat

Hi all,

I am dipping my feet into low carb. Calorie counting has been working but I am reaching a plateau and need a boost. I am doing a 4 day trial and I am going to see how I feel and go from there. I am considering sticking with south beach through phase 1 if I like it OK.

My question is...

Is there any reason why you couldn't have 75 calories of fruit instead of a sweet treat. It seems sensible to me but just checking to see if anyone has any thoughts on this.

I am kind of a health food type of gal and I would much rather have an apple than a low cal fudgsicle KWIM?
Old 03-22-2007, 07:31 PM   #2  

Hiker chick... Southbeach is all about healthy foods, and SLOW carbs (not low carb--there's a difference..) .. and how carb influence your GI levels (that lead to false hunger, triggers etc_ )
. At any rate , sounds to me you're doing a "hybrid" with calorie counting as your base... which is good: calories in-calories out. At the point you're at, You might want to skip the Phase 1 phase that disallows fruits in total.
Check out the phase 2 list of fruits that are allowed..
You know yourself hikerchick: If you find that a certain fruit triggers feelings of being" unfulfilled" , you know you'll only eat more and sabotage your good efforts... Good luck darlin!
Old 03-22-2007, 10:32 PM   #3  

S/C/G: Starting over

Height: 5'7"

Thanks so much for the reply. Its just what I wanted to hear. I am already all about good carbs no refined things and I am a bit of a health food junky and everything I have been doing is working more or less but I needed a bit of a jump start. I think I will start phase 2 on saturday. That feels right for me.

I think I just need a little changeroo. Thanks for the tips.
Closed Thread