Old 01-11-2010, 10:38 AM   #1  
Mrs. Brady

S/C/G: 283/259/180

Height: 5'6"

Default Cat has been having strokes

Tuffy, age anywhere from 8 to 13, we don't know, has been having strokes. She had her first one on New Year's Day, and the second yesterday. The underlying cause could be anything from an inner ear infection to a brain tumor. We're treating the inner ear infection and praying there is no tumor. Her strokes have left her blind, but she isn't ready to give up yet, so we're not giving up on her. Nobody put Stevie Wonder to sleep for being blind....

The wobbliness could be due to the blindness rather than neurological damage from the stroke. I know how that is. I can't see after dark either, and I don't know where to put my feet.

She ate a good breakfast this morning, although she had to be shown where it was. The only instructions from the vet were to give her an anti-inflammatory every third day, and not to rearrange the furniture. Tuffy knows how to get around, and she is alert.

Her full name is Tuffy Love Kittycat. The vet and nurses fell in love with her while she spent all day there yesterday, and we concluded she definitely has the right name. Besides being a Kittycat, she certainly is a Tuffy, and she certainly is a Love.

Last edited by LovebirdsFlying; 01-11-2010 at 10:39 AM.
LovebirdsFlying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 11:01 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 290/170/170

She certainly sounds like a Tuffy. I hope she comes through this period of ill health stronger than ever.

I too have a cat of a similar (unknown) age. She came to us as a young adult stray 8 years ago, so think she's 9. However I do wonder that she might be older as she's starting to show signs of age. Her previously all black whiskers are getting whiter all the time, she started with 1 about 6 months ago and has 5 or 6 now.

Kitty
(as you might expect a cat person)
KforKitty is offline   Reply With Quote