Old 04-22-2009, 12:33 AM   #16  
~Don't Postpone Joy~

S/C/G: 241.8/228/199.0

I hope your able to settle in for the night. Snuggle up.. she sounds good... I can relate to 'following' them around watching every movement... LOL...

Asmtha is found more frequently than you would think, especially in Maine Coons... wheezing, etc, just like humans... Unfortunately my kitty passed away in Dec 08, due to complications of the asthma, he was 9 yrs old, I got he and his brother when they were six weeks old... hi brother died of cancer in 06, very sad, I thought we were dealing with a lame cat because he was limping, but he had a tumor in his hind leg.. both cases were heartbreaking, but with both I had the help of a very good vet, we were able to recognize the proper time to euthanize before any suffering... I believe it was something I did 'for' them, not 'to' them..
I just put up a pic of Cashmere, in my avatar, that's the one I lost in Dec. I don't have pic on-line of his brother Pierre yet...
Sorry... prolly not the most up-lifting story for you tonight... but heaven is a little brighter with them there.

If you are up tonight and need a chuckle, go to the website {icanhascheezburger} hilarious pics of kitties with captions...

Last edited by Sweetcaroline; 04-22-2009 at 12:36 AM.
Sweetcaroline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 08:58 AM   #17  

Height: 5'6"

how is little Sundae today?

Poor little thing. She must of fell bad to crack her head like that. Most of the time cats land on their feet.
squeak351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 10:50 AM   #18  
*~Beautiful Hope~*

S/C/G: HW: ~200 SW: 170's/150's/115

I am so glad to hear that Sundae is doing better. Is that a pic of her in your avatar? If so, she is super cute. I totally agree with you on animals being miracles. Funnily enough, I used to have a fear of dogs until I met Zach 7 months ago. It was love at first sight and he has taught me so much already even though he's still just a puppy himself. I feel so much more compassion for animals now than I did before I met Zach. He has opened my heart up so much.

How is she today?

SweetCaroline, that is a beautiful prayer that you posted. I read a book a few months ago about St Francis of Assisi and learned that he is the patron saint of animals but I forgot all about him until your post. He really did have a great love for them.
EsperanzaBella82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 01:04 PM   #19  

Sweetcaroline - I am sorry about your poor kitties, but I agree that it is best to let them move on when they are suffering. I'm glad that your beautiful cats got to live quite a few happy years with you.

squeak351 - Isn't it strange that this happened from a fall? I wish I had been there to see exactly what happened to her, since most cases like this happen from either car accidents or something getting dropped on the kitty's head.

EsperanzaBella82 - Yes, this is a picture of her taken on Easter.
I know what you mean about dogs, too. I used to have a fear of dogs too, until I took care of one for a week (long before I had Sundae). Now I'm actually training to teach dog obedience classes!

Sundae seems to be doing much better today. I did get to sleep eventually, although I woke up a couple times in the middle of the night. I didn't want to put her on the bed with me even though she usually sleeps there in case she needed to get down during the night, but I found her curled up right next to the bed every time I woke up!

She's still not eating, though the vet says she will when she's hungry enough. I have an appointment to take her back to see him on Friday to make sure she's doing fine. I'm sure she will be - she's already back to cuddling up against me and purring whenever she gets the chance!
Nepenthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 01:05 PM   #20  
Back in the Game

S/C/G: 132/125.2/120

aw. poor little thing. so sorry to hear that.
moon fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 02:01 PM   #21  
On a journey

S/C/G: 376/we'll see/180

Height: 5'2"

I'm glad to hear that she's doing better and purring at mama!

Something to bring a smile to your day, a picture I snapped of my kitty a couple years ago in mid-yawn. Always makes me smile.

NorCal Jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 02:08 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 273/ticker/140

Height: 5'4

im so glad shes alright-i was reading through this post anxiously to find out! i have two kitties and if something happened i would be distraught...i am SO relieved that sundae seems to be doing better!

Last edited by bitetoobreakkskin; 04-22-2009 at 02:08 PM. Reason: mispelled
bitetoobreakkskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 06:54 PM   #23  

NorCal Jen - I can't see your picture! Does it have anything to do with the fact that I'm a pretty new member here?

Thanks again for all your support, everyone. Sundae is doing very well. She is now eating and drinking a little just about every hour, and I actually got her to play with a ball I rolled at her! It's pretty clear that she is tired and has some vision problems (that I've heard should go away or get better within a week or two), but other than that, she is almost back to being her old self again!
Old 04-22-2009, 06:57 PM   #24  
sugar is the devil

I'm sorry to hear about your kitty baby I have a Siamese kitty who's a year and a half old and she STILL acts like she does at your kittens age. So I'm constantly out watching for trouble. I hope you kitty makes a speedy 100% recovery. Keep us updated!
SweetScrumptious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 07:01 PM   #25  
On a journey

sorry, how's this?

Also, glad to hear she getting better!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Jack yawn.jpg (24.1 KB, 4 views)

Last edited by NorCal Jen; 04-22-2009 at 07:02 PM.
Old 04-23-2009, 12:05 PM   #26  
On a journey

Hi Nepenthe - just wondering how kitten is doing today? Is she still getting back to herself? Give us an update! :^)
Old 04-24-2009, 12:51 AM   #27  

Sorry to take so long to update - I've been cleaning up for guests tomorrow.

Thankfully, little Sundae is just about back to normal! Her sight seems to have mostly returned, and she's been playing and exploring and (cautiously) jumping around all day. She's still more tired than usual, but I'm almost positive she will fully recover within the next few days!
Old 04-24-2009, 12:53 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 150/143/115

Height: 61 inches

Yay that's wonderful! Cats are so special. I love her name too. Though I think I'd want ice cream all the time haha.
Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 01:07 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 225/169/125

Height: 5'7

do not let her go more than 48 hours w/o food or she will get feline hepatic lipidosis (fatty liver) which is deadly- sorry to add to your stress but I almost lost one of my fur babies to FHL when she stopped eating her usual amount for just a few days. Once she tried to eat again it was too late- her liver was already bad and she became very sick very fast. We had to hospitalize and give her a feeding tube (for real). She recovered and is great now but an expensive lesson.

I'm glad your kitten is doing better and hope she is on her way to a full recovery!
photoRuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 06:15 PM   #30  

Sorry to be MIA for the past couple days - I had guests over. For one last update, Sundae is completely healthy now, and back to all her old activities. Thank you all for being there for us!