Old 08-06-2008, 07:00 PM   #1  
I LOVE my furbabies!

S/C/G: 216/*ticker*/160

Height: 5'9"

Default this is an outrage!!

Someone dumped these precious kittens at my friends house!! Now we are stuck finding them a home... and if we can't they're going to have to be turned over to the humane society and run the risk of being put down... I just don't understand how people can be so heartless and cruel... these babies are skinny and covered in fleas... I'd like to get my hands on the people who did this and if I didn't have 3 cats of my own I'd take them in...
Anyone intersted in rescuing them? They're both boys... almost twins... one is short hair and the other is longer hair... both loveable and sweet...

You can go to my myspace page at www *dot* myspace *dot* com/stephanie52600 my page is set to private but the free kittens photo album is set so everyone can see it so click on my pic or whatever to see the pic of the kittens... please take one!! They are so super sweet!

Last edited by net knee; 08-06-2008 at 07:02 PM.
net knee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 07:12 PM   #2  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

I'm so sorry to hear of this! I'm sure you'll find them a home. I already have two boys, a dog and a cat. If I even mention another pet to my hubby, I think he'll put me on someone's doorstep! Anyway, you're a good person for being so kind to those poor little kittens.
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 07:22 PM   #3  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

Except in big cities, most humane societies don't have to euthanize kittens. Many shelters that aren't technically "no kill," are practically no kill. For example our local shelter (and also the one in Bloomington, IL which is actually a fairly large community) are both shelters that only put to sleep animals that are very physically or emotionally ill (suffering terribly or very mean). Our shelter in Wausau, WI doesn't even put down pit bulls with dominant (not dangerously aggressive) temperments (they just limit who they'll adopt them out to).

I've volunteerred in many humane societies and they get a very bad rap. Call your local shelter and ask when and under what conditions they had put to sleep kittens in the last year, and the average time it takes to get a kitten adopted.

It's generally safer to give kittens to a shelter than random strangers, because humane societies screen prospective owners carefully (or at least better than the average person is able to) to make sure the animal will have a good home (the person must have the animals neutered, must have landlord's approval, etc). Too many people take home a cute pet they're not prepared to care for (or worse, abuse it or intend it for some terrible fate such as to feed it to a pet snake).

Last edited by kaplods; 08-06-2008 at 07:24 PM.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 07:27 PM   #4  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

I'd like to second Kaplod's advice - most shelters, even those not advertised as no-kill, euthanize VERY few animals. Most shelters will be open and upfront with you about their euthanasia rates, so I'd encourage you to give the shelter a call and ask.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 08:46 PM   #5  
Stay at Home Mommy

S/C/G: 312/312/160

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by net knee View Post
Someone dumped these precious kittens at my friends house!! Now we are stuck finding them a home... and if we can't they're going to have to be turned over to the humane society and run the risk of being put down... I just don't understand how people can be so heartless and cruel... these babies are skinny and covered in fleas... I'd like to get my hands on the people who did this and if I didn't have 3 cats of my own I'd take them in...
Anyone intersted in rescuing them? They're both boys... almost twins... one is short hair and the other is longer hair... both loveable and sweet...

You can go to my myspace page at www *dot* myspace *dot* com/stephanie52600 my page is set to private but the free kittens photo album is set so everyone can see it so click on my pic or whatever to see the pic of the kittens... please take one!! They are so super sweet!
These poor babies! My heart goes out to them. D:

I wish I could help you. I notice you live in NEPA, I live in that area myself. I know for a fact that the shelter's in this area are notoriously high kill. It pains me to think of this. If my landlord wasn't so strict about me only having the two cats that I have, I'd take the little darlings in!

Please try not to offer them as free kittens, though. Charging even a small adoption fee drives off people that would harm, sell, or not take care of these babies. Kitten season is a terrible time of year. :\ On the plus side for these little ones, kittens are almost always the first to be adopted out from the shelters (much to the dismay of the older kitties!).
stariankyonna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 11:44 PM   #6  
I LOVE my furbabies!

S/C/G: 216/*ticker*/160

Height: 5'9"

I actually found 5 kittens a while back that were laying in the road... I drove over them-- straddled them with my blazer, and realized they were kittens not trash... so I stopped turned around and took them home until I could get them homes or a shelter. I took them to the shelter after a week of not finding any of them homes and I asked the shelter if they were going to be put down and the woman said, "well we have a lot of kittens, and if they're not adopted in a week it's almost guarenteed they will be put down" and she said it all snotty... I almost cried. She also told me that if they tested positive for feline lukemia or FPV or whatever they would be put down immediately instead of risking infection with all the other cats... I was so p*ssed I left and took them somewhere else. I will never take animals there again... but WILL adopt from there if I need another pet just to save one more animal from almost certain death. We have so many stray cats around here and I would love to start a catch, neuter/spay, and release program here to help or try to help control the overpopulation in my town.
BUT good news is, my friend's co-workers cat just died and the other ran away (they think she got hit by a car or something) just two weeks ago... so they took the two boys in, which makes me happy because they are together and are going to be strictly indoor cats only! When we got there to drop them off...I met the family and they were in tears when they met them. They had collars, toys, and food all set up for them. They had flea medicine and shampoo ready too. They have an appt with the vet for monday to get them their shots to get them started on the journey to getting fixed. I was nervous about just giving them away to anyone but once I met these people, my fears were gone! They had pictures of their other cats hanging on the wall and family portraits with the cats too... I feel great about this home for the little guys! I can't wait to see them again once they get settled and put on some weight!
I'm so happy they didn't have to go to the shelter! Thank you to all who responded and read this!!
net knee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 12:46 AM   #7  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

We had our ex-neighbors from downstairs years ago move out and just LEAVE 2 kittens. We fed them until we could find them a home, finally the downstairs teenage boy came back and found them homes..........I don't know what goes on in people's minds.
We have a very handsome kitty at our complex, but he is skidish and won't let anybody near him. But he is so pretty. He is healthy looking, so he is being fed by someone. lol.
Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote