Pregnant - Nursing Diet support for the pregnant or nursing chick!

Old 07-08-2006, 01:52 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 220/167/135

Height: 5'1

Default Weaning & hormones

Well, my son is weaned at 23 months. It's been almost a week since the last time he nursed. I feel so up & down. I cry alot and my breasts are so sore. No red streaks or fever. Anyone have any advice for me & how to make it through this adjustment period? The weaning was gradual and done in a very loving way. I thought I was so happy and ready for this time. I am still , however this hormone/moody thing caught me off guard. Thanks !!

carafre
carafre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 09:17 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

Patience. That is about all I can really offer for your hormonal adjustment to the change.

If your breasts are sore from the weaning, I would definitely try the cabbage leave remedy. (Placing a fresh cabbage leaf inside each bra cup against the breast) to relieve it. You may also find some relief in some of the hot/cool packs that you can get for breastfeeding mothers.

That may provide you with some physical relief.
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 12:30 PM   #3  
No description available.

Hmmm....lots of questions. Do you feel full/engorged? Since the weaning was done gradually, I would not think that would be the case, although if you do have quite a bit of milk Aphil's cabbage leaf rec. is good.

Have you resumed your cycles? What birth control method are you using? Could you be pregnant? Any of these could contribute to the soreness you are feeling.

It is very normal to feel tearful and sad and grieve that this stage (which was meaningful to you and your baby) has passed.

Congrats on giving your baby such an amazing start in life!
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 10:56 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 220/167/135

Height: 5'1

Thanks so much for the cabbage tip. That alone relieved the soreness. Three days later I started to feel better. I didn't think I would have engorged breasts, but I did after not nursing at all for a full week. All is happy and wonderful again! I am so very happy that we made it to the 23 month mark. Thanks again!!!
carafre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 07:27 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

Glad that it helped!
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote