Pregnant - Nursing Diet support for the pregnant or nursing chick!

Old 03-02-2006, 10:15 AM   #1  
New Mommy

Default Hello again!

Well I am still here and NOT losing. I eat all the time it seems like and I am working out 4-5 times a week!

I was sick for a week and gained 2 pounds

Anyone have luck with South Beach?
SteadyOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 07:02 PM   #2  
resident lactivist

I haven't lost anything after that initial swoosh of my pregnancy weight all but disappearing. So I feel your pain. Try not to be too hard on yourself. You can be doing everything right & still not lose much, if anything.

I do know of several people who have had success on SBD. Just skip Phase One. It's out in paperback now, by the way, so pay less money & get it that way. I have the original book & the Good Fats/Good Carbs guide and the first cookbook, and I love that cookbook. It has the most wonderful recipe for a 100% whole wheat, sugar free bread...Which reminds me, I'd planned on making that today!

Good luck if you decide to try it. Be sure to check out the SBD forum on this site; if memory serves they've got some great recipes.
GreatBigMonsterMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 07:52 PM   #3  
New Mommy

thanks. I can't decide what to do. I REALLY hate my body though...
SteadyOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 11:09 PM   #4  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

I wasn't losing after the initial first week drop either. So I kept trying different things. I watched calories, then sodium, tried upping my exercise, etc....things that worked previously. But they just weren't working now. When I finally started dropping, it was from a combination of keeping my calories under 1700 and not eating after 7 p.m. and making sure to drink at least 72 oz. of water each day.
almostheaven is offline   Reply With Quote