Welcome to the Pregnant and Nursing Forum!

You're on Page 2 of 4
Go to
  • HEY EVERYBODY, I HAVE AN 11MTH OLD I AM STILL BFEEDING AND I READY TO WEAN HER OFF I WANT TO Wait until her b-day aleast. i she my whole world. but i want to lose this wieght for her and me. if i can dothis i can do it for her. before my first pg i lost 50lbs i lost them they were two little boys Peter & Yosiel and the 6mths later i got the news Daisy was comeing along now i'm 70lbs heavier so let's see what comes around. who has some advice on how i can wean Daisy off
  • New today
    Hi, I just found this site today. Can someone fill me in how to do my own food journal and exercise journal? What else can we do on this site that you have found useful? I have a 2 year old and a 4 month old, and have got to get this extra weight off. Am nursing the little one. Any advice would be appreciated!
  • Hi - I'm almost 21 weeks and so far have gained about 23 pounds. I'm pretty freaked about it, and I want to limit the rest of my weight gain. I've put on a lot of the weight in my hips and thighs, so I know this is not all baby

On the other hand, I am thrilled beyond belief that I am pregnant, and I know this weight gain is for the good of the baby, and it will be worth it in the end

Thanks for having this forum.
  • Thank you for doing this. I am new here I've been looking for something like this for a while now. I'm breastfeeding my 11 mo son. I have already lost 20 lbs now. I still need 25 to my goal weight. I need a buddy.
  • Hello everybody, My name is Aurora. I just found out I am pregnant and I am 2mth now. I happy I lost 10lbs and here I go again I really wanted to hold off for a little bit but I guess God send them to you when you need them I feel very Blessed.
  • Mrs
    Heck, I've put on 40 pounds at 7 months. But it's ALL baby. My danged stomach hangs so far out there. Sheesh! I'm having a whole basketball team. Curves showed a 1" gain on my thighs and arms; however, it was a different location, so I think the difference lies in how they each measured, because no one else can tell that I've gained anywhere else and stuff still fits there. It's hard buying maternity clothes that will go around the belly and not fall off my shoulders or expose my chest. I wore a small shirt before, now I have to get the large maternity tops to fit the belly, but then they don't fit me up top. ::sigh:: Two more months, two more months. LOL
  • Hey everyone can I join in here. I'm Lil and I have a 23 month old and a 3 month old both of whom are nursing now. I'm doing weight watchers because of the 10 nursing points. I have a lot to lose but am doing it slowly for my boys.
  • So how is the WW working for you? Is it hard to do the meal plans and stuff in addition to taking care of a baby? I am considering doing WW at home but I am wondering if it would end up being too complicated with having little ones and stuff to care for; any tips??

Thanks for any advice!
  • It is hard at times... I stick to simple recipes and stuff. The hardest part for me is getting away to enter points... my toddler is going through major seperation anxiety and not allowed in the comp. room, so even if daddy is trying to distract him he sits by the door and cries so I have to make mental notes and enter it during his nap or after he goes down. Besides that it hasn't been to bad though.
  • Does anyone know the rules for b/f's in Weight Watchers?

Chantelle & DS Lucas 27 July
  • In WW you get 10 extra points per day while nursing (full time)
  • so happy to find this forum. I'm due to deliver our third child in 2 weeks and have gained 42 pounds, but was 30 pounds overweight to begin with. I am going to be breastfeeding but dont want to do anything to hurt my milk supply. Cant wait to start taking the weight off. I lost 70 pounds after my first child so I know I can do it again!
  • Hi everyone, I'm 11 weeks pregnant with child #3. Before finding out I was pregnant, I lost 46 lbs doing LAWL. I've since gained back 12 of those lbs and I've lost my will power to eat healthy and exercise. I'm feeling so crappy lately that I usually just eat what I'm craving.

I believe most of my weight gain came from retaining water when I started drinking regular juice and caffeine free pop again. I had previously cut all of that out of my diet, and I was drinking strictly water. However, I can't stand water at the moment! I was drinking 132 oz per day. And my diet consists mostly of carbs, something that was also limited with the LAWL diet.

I'm hoping I'll start feeling better when this first trimester comes to an end, so I can go back to most of my healthy eating habits. Any ideas or suggestions of some good substitutes I can use? What have your physicians told you about sugar substitutes? I'm not sure about the safey of them, so I'm staying away from them for now. I'm also in the process of switching OB's because I didn't like the attitude that mine had. She did tell me that I could use them, but she also advised me to exercise 30 mins a day 7 days a week. While I did have a pretty nice workout schedule before I started slacking, I'm lucky enough to make it to work, and back home, and do everything else in between that I need to complete (because I feel so crappy). I mean, I'm having a baby, not training for a marathon.

So any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
  • Calories alloted while BF?
    Does anyone know the minimum amount calories that should be consumed while breastfeeding? I know about the WW points, but right now I am just counting calories.
  • Hello all... I'm new here and I am a nursing mom to a 10mo boy. I also have a 6yo girl and a 3yo girl. I am a single mother also. oh yeah... and a student! LOL Yeah... I'm nuts.

So this is my goal: I want to get down to a reasonable weight for summer... like maybe 190? and then keep going until I hit 160. When I get there I will see how I feel about taking it down to 145. So far I have lost 2lbs. I have read the weighdown diet book and like it for the most part... it has alot of things I can see as common sense. I also have the Power90 work out vids from AGES ago... yeah... count 'em.... 4 yrs. SO I will be incorperating both of those into my life. I am also on the Challenge thread.

My challenges are:
    A: Read my scriptures 15mins personal study, 15mins family study (Level 2)
    B: Work my Power90 video 6-on/1-off plan (Level 3)
    C: Drink 2 quarts of water daily = 2 big water bottles (Level 2)

Well I hope to get to know you all soon!!!!! Belly rubs to you mommas!