Pregnant - Nursing Diet support for the pregnant or nursing chick!

Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2014, 10:01 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

Nagazim I'm in leggings and a long top today...I feel awkward HAHA but comfortable. My VIP looked strangely at me and said "I wouldn't wear that" and I said "I should hope not, I'd not have sex with you again if you did" HA! He did get me a little anxious (but realized he did and said "no you look beautiful, don't worry about it") the ladies at work said "yes you look pregnant no you don't look like a sausage" I'm 26 weeks today, holy crap I'm almost in the 3 tri!

I've not been good with my daily walking. I did go shopping this weekend though and got almost 13K steps with 18 floors walked. I was POOPED yesterday, took a while to recover.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day!

Last edited by Ishbel; 02-17-2014 at 10:23 AM.
Old 02-18-2014, 08:14 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 225 / 177.2 / 140

Height: 5'4"

I felt a little bit of energy pick me up over the long weekend. My headache stuck around so I took off Wednesday sick and then had two days off from snow (something like 17 inches and an inch of ice) and then Monday was a holiday. So I shoveled and walked the dog and generally felt awesome. But on Sunday, I had some major cramps while I was vacuuming. At first I thought it was just the urge to go to the bathroom, but then it became clear that it was so much more. So I rested and got up to take my daughter to a birthday party. At the party, I started to bleed and freaked out! I called the emergency line and they just told me to rest and call for an appointment in the morning. So from lunchtime Sunday through 2pm yesterday, I was convinced the baby was gone. I tried to be hopeful since both symptoms were very temporary and didn't reappear, but I am such a worrier. But at my appointment, I got to see my bub (13w6d) and it looked just fine! The baby was happy and moving a great deal. The cause of the bleed is unknown, could be anything really, but it wasn't something I did. I was over analyzing everything: was it the hour long walk in the snow, the hours of shoveling, missing a step and landing hard on my feet? Or was it the vacuuming which I hardly consider strenuous, but that was when the cramps started? I slept poorly the last two nights and now I'm just hoping to fall back into a routine. I don't have any exercise restrictions, so I need to ease back into for my emotional sanity.
Old 02-19-2014, 02:24 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 313/175/147

Height: 5'7.5

gretel, it doesn't sound like it was because of anything you did. I had bleeding at 9 weeks and spotting for the following month or so. They couldn't figure out why, but just kind of left it as "could be leftover blood from implantation". I was just told to drink lots of water and take it easy.

I've been doing better, getting tired easier and getting bigger 'round the middle. I feel so blessed throughout this pregnancy - when I first found out I knew that I wouldn't show until I was probably 8 or 9 months pregnant, if at all - then I found out it was twins and I'm already showing! We're finding out the genders on Friday (saving the reveal for my birthday on Saturday)
Old 02-20-2014, 11:56 AM   #19  

gretelI was bleeding on and off between 9-12 weeks. It's really SCAREY but my hubby was very calming. He comes to all prenatal appointments and when the doctor explained how it could be happening he just repeated that over and over to me. Then my doc asked the ultra sound clinic to move me up in appointments because I was so scared the ultra sound doc (we have a doc here not a tech) couldn't find any reason.

Jules OOOO exciting!! We didn't find out but I think if I had twins I would be more inclined to find out LOL

Is anyone doing maternity photo's?

I went home last night and sat on the couch and my tummy was VERY obviously lopsided to the right. It was so funny I should have taken a picture. My hubby almost didn't believe me (he came home after it moved to a more normal shape) "is that even POSSIBLE?" haha!

Also, this morning I felt a BODY move under my hand, COOLEST thing so far. I like to lay in bed and slowly wake up and 'listen' for my baby. I totally felt the body not just a kick or a punch! I said "WHOA!" really loud. I keep thinking "sheit just got real" beginning with the two lines...and it just keeps popping into my head. HAHA
Old 02-20-2014, 12:04 PM   #20  

Thank you Ishbel and JulesMarion for the reassurances. I know I didn't cause the bleeding, but that knowledge doesn't help you feel any better when it happens. So far, I haven't had any repeat episodes, so I'm going to really try hard to exercise again this weekend. I feel pretty good right now and that may not last. I'm only 14w and still 180 pounds so I'm showing but it looks more like I had a couple of big meals lately. I can't wait to find out for sure what I'm having so I'm really curious about your twins, JulesMarion. And Ishbel, I probably won't do a maternity shoot but I hope to document better than I did with my first. I have a couple from the one too many cheeseburger stage straight to delivery day and not a whole lot in between.
Old 02-24-2014, 01:53 PM   #21  

How are you doing gretel?

I found out this weekend that I'm having a boy and a girl! So excited!!!
Old 02-24-2014, 02:51 PM   #22  

No more bleeding, but I'm still not getting any additional physical activity. That's my goal for this week...get back into an exercise routine.

JulesMarion - Happy Birthday and Congratulations! I always have wanted boy/girl twins and I have a friend due with the same in July which makes it even more exciting for some reason.
Old 02-25-2014, 04:12 PM   #23  

Thanks! I'm very excited, started my registry. My body's starting to feel the impact of pregnancy. I'm sick right now, so I feel worse, but I just can't seem to sit as long as before (and I work a desk job). Overall things have been pretty good - my blood pressure has been good (110/65 usually) and I've been trying to eat pretty well. Sometimes its just hard because I don't feel like eating or being around food.
Old 02-28-2014, 09:49 AM   #24  

Hey Hey Ladies,

Jules I go through cycles of that, one week I am on the see food diet and the next week "meh, I don't feel like eating". It makes me think I'm either on a growth spurt and then a rest spurt. I was WAY more hungry last week then this week and this week my baby is quiet but still moving. Where last week when I was hungry it was a little ninja. How exciting that you're having boy/girl. I think about what mine could be and it will be awesome either way, then again I'll be sad either way. Sorta wishing I had twins on the way but saying that scares my husband HAHA!

gretel Hows your 'back to routine' going?

++++++++++

Sorry I've been MIA lately, had a bit of a bad week. Just cranky not really any health problems. I did my GD test, asked the doc for the fasting one and he sent me for the screening one. Which showed that I wasn't diabetic but it wasn't a good level so he wanted the fasting one. He's a new doc so has to get used to me knowing my body and I actually said "I told you" and he said "you're right, you knew, sorry". He's a very nice guy and came highly recommended so I'll chalk it up to him not knowing my personality. So I had to do the fasting one yesterday.

My body is NOT used to all that sugar. Apparently I came just under the wire so he wants to see me but not necessarily today sometime next week. So I pulled out my old blood monitor and got some new strips. I'm going to spend the time monitoring my blood between now and my next appointment so he can see my levels are 'normal'. In fact, some of them are a little low but that's not as bad as too high for baby. I'm considering it a bit of a victory. It appears my body can handle natural sugar better then refined...duh, I knew that

FYI - I was hypoglycemic when I was in elementary school and prediabetic on metformin for 6 years before I lost my weight.

I figured this would happen but I'm glad the way I'm eating isn't showing some red flashing lights. I'm hoping he'll look at my levels and agree.
Closed Thread