Pregnant - Nursing Diet support for the pregnant or nursing chick!

Old 10-13-2009, 11:22 AM   #1  
Starting Over...

S/C/G: 256/ticker/156

Height: 5' 9"

Default Severe overeating during first trimester!

I finally got myself under 200 lbs and even under my pre-babies weight. Only about 20 lbs away from goal and then we got pregnant again. I really am not ready for another one, I have been working on myself this year. My younger son just turned 1 on 9/20 and this baby will be due in May, before he is even 2. My older son is going to be 5 in January. I feel like I am using pregnancy as an excuse to go wild and not care about myself again. After months and months of hard work, eating right and exercising, I am back to square one. I can't get myself back to eating right. I am really struggling with it and with exercising. I was down to 171.6, now I am up to 181. This really scares me. I do not want to get over 200 again. I was 246 with my first (PPW 190) and 235 with my second (PPW 208).
I am trying to keep track of my calories. Today I am so over, already at 1,182 all before lunch. I don't know how to stop. I don't know what to do. I can't talk to a dr about it because we don't have insurance yet and I can't afford it. (We are trying to get some help with this.) I have been taking my vitamin every day but I am so exhausted. I sleep too much. I feel like I have a hard enough time keeping up with the 2 I have plus all of the housework I can't seem to get caught up on. DH is hardly home due to work and when he is home, I really can't expect him to help out too much. He leaves at 7:30 AM and doesn't get home until about 10 or 11 PM. I just don't know what to do. I need to stop eating so much. I already notice how disgusting I'm becoming again. I just feel completely overwhelmed.
aangel22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 11:53 AM   #2  
What am I waiting for?

S/C/G: 315/254/160

Height: 5'6"

Im sorry you are feeling this way
Do you have a WIC program in your area its free and they have nutritionists on staff that would talk with you.
I know how hard it can be...I am gaining a lot of weight too and was starting to feel good after losing 60lbs...and to see the weight coming back on is so hard.
jasmine987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 01:35 PM   #3  
Proud Mom of 6

S/C/G: 290/290/160

Height: 5'2"

Oh honey, I know exactly how you feel about being overwhelmed. This baby was definately a surprise and my last two kids will only be a year apart. Johanthon will be 1 on Jan 15th and I am due Feb 9th with this baby. I just try and take it one day at a time and know that things will be fine and they have a way of working themselves out.

As far as overeating, I am not sure how to handle that. I couldn't eat anything until I was about 14 weeks cause I was so nauseous all the time. I would only think that if you want to eat then eat something. But, maybe make sure those "choices" are good and healthy foods. Fresh veggie or fruit - whole grain crackers and cheese, ect...

I do on the other had know the extreme tiredness. Try to rest as much as you can when the other kids nap and take it easy. If something doesn't have to be done then let it go for a while. It does ease up some as you get farther along. I still have not got that burst of energy I hear about for the 2nd trimester, but I am not at the extreme tiredness stage that you have in early pregnancy.

Good luck and take care and congratulation on the new baby. Maybe this will be your baby girl!
lovinlifex2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 12:41 PM   #4  
Starting Over...

S/C/G: 256/ticker/156

Height: 5' 9"

I have talked to a WIC nutritionists before and it really didn't help me too much. That was almost 5 years ago and I don't think I understood what to do with all of the information they gave me.

I have started a "plan". I am going to eat 1700ish calories a day. I am going to alternate elliptical training and pilates at home. Nothing too extreme, just enough to not lose what I gained this year (strength and endurance, not weight ). I am still really tired, but I did get on the elliptical for 30 minutes yesterday and I stayed within my calories. I did eat the calories I burned though, so I am not sure if that was counterproductive or not... I just don't want to deprive the baby at all.

Thanks for the advice and we're really hoping this will be our baby girl. I do desperately want a girl, but we will be delighted with a healthy, happy, beautiful baby boy or girl.
aangel22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 10:10 PM   #5  
By God's Grace

S/C/G: 293/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Are you sure that 1700 calories is enough? Do you maintain your current weight on 1400 calories? You need about 300 over maintenance to make a baby. You don't want to deprive the bean because you don't want to gain too much weight.

Maybe try the WIC nutritionist again, it sounds like you're better equipped to handle the information she gives you this time around.
Gale02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 08:09 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 170/Ticker/124-126

Height: 5'3"

Im in the same boat i just CANT stop eating and sleeping and i havent even started yet!
jahjah1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 06:45 AM   #7  
very small boned

S/C/G: 110/107/104

Height: 5'3"

I would:

-have my vitamin D levels checked
-take an omega 3 supplement
-voice your concerns to hubby for additional support you deserve.
girl81 is offline   Reply With Quote