Pregnant - Nursing Diet support for the pregnant or nursing chick!

Old 03-04-2008, 10:14 AM   #1  

Height: 5'7"

Default March/April preggos

Hi ladies,

I thought I'd start a thread for the next couple of months. It seems to make the time pass.

I'm starting my 3rd trimester, 26 weeks on Saturday, and boy do I feel lousy. I want this baby to cook every second he needs to, but I am so looking forward to early June. Everything hurts. I am exhausted and extremely irritable too. If one more person tells me this is training for the first few weeks, I'm going to go bananas on them. This is my second time around, and I thought it was garbage then and I KNOW it is garbage now. I know lots of people have pregnancy easier, but I'd rather have the zombied out postpartum stage than the third trimester any day. Fortunately, I don't have to choose--I get both!! Ah-ha-ha-ha-ha!! Oh, yeah, I'm crazy too.

I'm gaining weight like crazy. For those who don't know me, I lost over 110 pounds and kept it off for more than 5 years (well, aside from my first pregnancy), and I know almost every trick in the book for managing my eating and my weight. Nothing is working. I'm 30 lbs up already. I'm hoping (and working) to keep it to another 15 since it should slow down a bit this last trimester. It doesn't help that I have a history of preterm labor, so I'm restricted to gentle exercise only, which doesn't include walks where I can't sit down if contractions start. Looking forward to it getting about 10 degrees warmer so I can get into the pool.

Who's still around or new? How are you all doing?

Anne
AnneWonders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 11:10 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 283/253/190

Height: 5'9"

Hey - I'll chime in here. Just newly pregnant and dealing mainly with the fatigue!
Lifeguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 01:27 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 245/seeticker/140

Height: 5'4

I'm 28 weeks, due May 29. This is my first child, a boy. I have had the easiest pregnancy and have gained 18 lbs. Just got tested for diabites last week and I don't have it but they did see my iron was low. Well hopefully your pregnancy doesen't get any worst.
crystal422 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 06:58 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 285.2/285.2/185

Lifeguard, the fatigue is ROUGH in the first trimester, but trust me, it will get better. I was so tired I fell asleep on the couch every night about 6pm. Now I can make it until 9 or 10! Woohoo! I'm still tired, of course, but nothing like that first trimester.

Anne, I've gained about 23 pounds so far and I'm 7 weeks behind you!! I expect I'll gain plenty more. I know I need to get it under control, but I really can't seem to. Ugh!

I'm seeing my doctor Thursday, so I'll get to hear the heartbeat and all that good stuff. I have lots of questions for her, but I need to write them all down so I won't forget. I just can't wait for the big ultrasound on March 19, so I can find out the sex!

I bought a couple of things for the baby's room the other day. Just little things, but it felt good to actually start preparing.
LisaMarie71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 11:02 PM   #5  

Height: 5' 7 1/2"

I

Last edited by peasandcarrots; 03-25-2011 at 02:00 AM.
peasandcarrots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 01:36 PM   #6  

Okay - so the nausea is officially settling in. Ugh!

But I just had some come to my door (very strange for us) & he was delivering a HUGE basket of flowers. DH's boss sent us it to congratulate us on the pregnancy! So sweet & so unexpected!
Old 03-10-2008, 05:08 PM   #7  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

Hi everyone. I am 14 weeks pregnant and feel like he!!. I was at about the same weight I am now before I got pregnant but all of a sudden it is really affecting me a lot more. I am getting out of breath climbing stairs and the fatigue is unbelievable. I was overweight with my first child as well, right now I weigh as much as I did when I delivered him! Yikes! I've got to start exercising seriously (but starting slowly) otherewise I am going to be bedridden by week 40.
Jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 11:48 PM   #8  

I know what you know about the fatigue - it's killing me & my desire to keep up my gym routine. I was doing so well with my exercise before & now I find my motivation is totally flat. I know I need to keep it up for the overall outcome & my weightloss after birth but right now it seems so far away!

In 2 days my dh & I go to the doc & we are supposed to hear the heartbeat for the first time.
Old 03-11-2008, 09:58 AM   #9  
Jen

That is kind of how I am feeling right now, like if I don't start doing more exercise etc now I am not going to be able to cope after I deliver. I had an injury at work in mid December and since then I haven't done much of anything, at least working kept me more active now I feel like my muscle tone is non existant. I am doing physiotherapy for my injury and I am extremely shocked by how little weight I am able to do. I don't know why I am shocked seeing as I haven't done any real exercise in forever. Too a lot of it has to do with this never ending winter and snow and cold. I kind of think spring starts I'll be better emotionally and feel like exercising or at least getting outside for a walk once in awhile!

You are so going to love hearing the heart beat, that is about the best thing in the whole world!
Old 03-12-2008, 07:40 PM   #10  

Today we saw the baby (which still looks like a little blobby bean) & heard the heartbeat!!! 125 beats per minute. So cool & makes everything seem so much more real.
Old 03-12-2008, 08:43 PM   #11  
Jen

That is how I felt too when I had my first ultrasound. I didn't hear the heartbeat but I could see the heart beating.
Old 03-12-2008, 09:38 PM   #12  

Height: 5'7"

Hi Lifeguard, congrats on the scan. I love hearing/seeing the heart beat.

Jen, here's hoping you get some good 2nd tri energy any day. Looks like you're about due for it from your ticker.

Brook, you are nursing and pregnant. Wow!

Crystal, I envy you your easy pregnancy!

Hi Lisa. I'm going to try to get your email out tonight.

Well, at the very least I always have interesting pregnancies. Interesting not being a good thing, actually. Anyway, I ended up in L&D at not quite 27 weeks because I was having a really scary number of BH contractions, and having had preterm labor with DD, you just can't be too careful. Everything checks out OK, but it was pretty frightening--some of the contractions were double-me-over kind of strong. Fortunately, they got themselves settled and my cervix is still closed, so it looks like we're golden for a bit longer. DD got to term, and I'm hoping for a repeat performance here.

Anyway, there's been a real change in my fatigue levels since the weekend, and I've been trying to rest every bit I can, since that helps keep the contractions away. Then of course, I got a migraine today, almost certainly as a rebound after all the stress of the last few days. Pregnancy is not kind to me, my OB very gently told me today.

Anyway, I still consider myself pretty lucky, as the baby seems very healthy, staying put for now, and I have a good support system. I did take my work week down to 20hrs from 25 though, to get some more rest.

Here's hoping you all get it WAY easier than me!

Anne
AnneWonders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 08:13 AM   #13  
Jen

Wow, Anne, you were pretty busy there! Glad to hear that the baby is still hanging in there. That would be nerve wracking to say the least. No wonder you got a migraine! What do you take for yours? My doctor gave me a prescription for Tylenol#2 because I can't take my normal medication and regular Tylenol barely touches a migraine. The #2s don't get rid of it but at least they take the edge off a bit. This is my second pregnancy and it has been so different from my first one. I'm not one of these women that enjoys being pregnant. I love the end result but not the process. From your lips to Gods ears on the energy thing! I think as soon as spring gets here that will perk up my mood a lot.
Old 03-16-2008, 07:35 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 245/seeticker/140

Height: 5'4

I have become more tired lately and am always hungry. I am going to get a 4d ultrasound on Sat, can't wait. I will be 30 weeks at that time. I went to my ultrasound visit the other day and the aminotic fluid was a little low so I have to drink lots of water. I am aslo now taking iron pill along with my blood pressure med, so I guess I have had some minor problems as well. Not one person that I dont' know has asked me when im due or what im having. I wish people could tell that im pregnant without me having to wear a shirt saying it. Anne, Im glad they were able to get everything under controll for you.
crystal422 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 08:46 PM   #15  

Crystal I have that worry - that no one will be able to tell I'm pregnant until the day before I'm due!