PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Old 06-07-2006, 01:39 PM   #1  

Default New Here: PCOS and WW

I am new to this forum, but I am looking for any fellow PCOSer who is trying Weight Watchers(flex plan or core plan). My weight has been stagnant at large for a while. I am currently on the flex plan. (My siggie reflexes SHORT TERM GOAL. I would like to lose at least 60 pounds, but my life insurance table goals would be around 100).

I am on metformin, but currently trying to get back up to my dosage of 2000 mg/ day. I am not tolerating it very well this time, but I hope to see that improve soon.

Has anyone had success on the WW flex or core plans? Please let me know as I am trying to decide on what I should do at this point.

Thanks
journey2hlth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 01:44 PM   #2  
<333

S/C/G: 283/251/180

Height: 5' 4

Cool

Hello and Welcome!! I did weight watchers for a couple of weeks, and I didnt lose weight or gain weight. (I did core plan) But for some people it works G-R-E-A-T! I just wasnt one of them, but maybe it was becuase of my age (Im 14) And I was the youngest person there. But the flex plan seems to work for some people but Im just doing the old-fashioned 1200 cals a day. Im sure you'll look great after you drop that 25lbs so good luck.
Stephanieee<3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 08:53 PM   #3  

i am on the flex plan, and lost another 3 pounds this week, stick with it, and if you find yourself on a plateau, switch to core for a week or 2
eeyoredja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 01:46 PM   #4  

Hey! I'm on WW and have PCOS, too. I was taking 1500mg of Met a day, but stopped to go on vacation (didn't want side effects while I was gone) and I am working my way back up. I was on core plan about a year ago and had good results. Now I'm back on it agian but I just started so I don't have results yet, but I'm sure I will. Good luck, hun!
JodieLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 04:58 PM   #5  
Day 1 back on plan...

S/C/G: 244/tickers/175

Hi ladies...i'm a PCOSer also. I've been on WW for a long time...off and on. If I stick with it I lose.....Try lowering your points to the next allowed points. I do that when i'm getting close to the next ...leaves room for slip ups
Losing4another is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 04:54 PM   #6  

Hmmm...tell me more about this Metformin??
Kathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 05:16 PM   #7  

KATHY: Metformin, or Glucophage, is a medication used for insulin resistance and diabetes. As the name says, it is a gluco (sugar) phage (eater). It reduces the absorbtion of glucose into the blood stream thus reducing the insulin secreted by the pancreas. It is very helpful for those who are insulin resistant, because it lowers the insulin level, which if I understand correctly, helps PCOS, which usually has insulin resistance as part of its symptoms. It is a prescription drug. Side effects can include gastro intestinal problems like nausea and diarrhea. These effects often subside with time.
Ellen is offline   Reply With Quote