PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Old 02-15-2006, 09:26 AM   #1  
No Fat just Fluff

S/C/G: 280/278/150

Default New I.R. and on low carb diet...

Hello everyone
I am newly dx w/I.R. and glad to know that this is my problem and am shocked a little and excited that since starting my meds(metformin) on Sat. 2/11 that I have lost 5lbs already w/out even doing any work outs. So today I will start walking for 30 mins. I am also doing the low carb thing a mix of South beach and low carb so in two week we will see.

Last edited by Curvy n Cute; 02-15-2006 at 09:49 AM.
Curvy n Cute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 08:07 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 227/209/145

Hey there! I'm IR too...along with PCO. I was just diagnosed with IR in Aug '05 and PCO in '99. I have been on Met ER (1500mg). I want to start a family, so I'm going to my ob/gyn on Monday to get Clomid. But, back to the topic @ hand LOL! I did SBD in July '05 and lost 15lbs. I stopped doing it for no particular reason. But I'm going to start it back up this weekend.
That's great that you lost 5lbs wo exercise!! Wow, just think how much weight you could lose if you did workout (WOW!!). Good luck to you and I hope to see your results. Talk to you soon!
sunkissed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 10:58 PM   #3  
No Fat just Fluff

S/C/G: 280/278/150

Working out is now the plan ...I am walking 30 mins a day...i do notice that now i have more enegry to work out which is great and I do feel better. I didnt believe any of the stories that metformin kicks you in to gear and gives you that umph that was missing but it does, it just happens and this time dieting i will have great result ( i am claiming it).

I am also ttc #1 and am needing to lose before starting so we are kinda in the same boat sorta ... A big good luck to you and big success.

Last edited by Curvy n Cute; 02-17-2006 at 11:14 PM.
Curvy n Cute is offline   Reply With Quote