PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Old 09-28-2005, 08:30 AM   #1  

Default South beach , Weight loss, Venting....ideas

Ok I know Pcos is to blame for everything.
My bad mood swings, my desire to eat all the carbs i can find.
my pains daily... but

I have to lose weight.. i dont want to get sicker the older i get..
So im planning on Starting basically the South Beach Way of life..
Its so hard to get out of the routine..

As i said in another post, pasta bread and junk is so much cheaper than
meat, eggs and veggies. but im going to do my best..
plus WATER will be my best friend from now on...
got some sitting on my desk right now..
so far i lost 17 pounds this year.. with 14 weeks left of this year... to go..
so im hoping and praying to lose a total for 2005 of 43 pounds...(26 to go)
and 2006 get rid of the remaining 25 pounds..
Now in between im trying to get pregnant.. but until I see the + sign, im focused on being healthy and losing weight..

Would love to hear from other on south beach. and pcos.. and how you are doing.. tricks helping you along.. Lately i feel so lonely and depressed with the weight loss, because i havent been trying and giving up.. im not ready to give up..
ladymcboozlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 08:34 PM   #2  

Hi! My name is Dana. I am a member of the South Beach Forum on here. I highly recommend that you check it out! I know exactly how you feel! I was just recently diagnosed with PCOS and it's like wow! "It explains this and that." I did the same thing when I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism. Congrats on the weight you have lost. I know that was difficult to do. I have only lost about 14 pounds. But, I was so excited to see the scale go down. I have a goal to lose before Thanksgiving and I want to lose 24 more pounds! With SBD and the help from the ladies on the board, I feel I can do it! Good luck to you!
djett626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 05:26 PM   #3  

I was recently diagnosed w/ PCOS and have decided to try out the South Beach Diet also. I just started on Monday and it is hard but I am really trying to make it work. It's been so hard!!
kel147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 09:09 PM   #4  

Kel147- It gets easier. Phase 1 is the hardest phase. Don't forget to check out the South Beach Diet section on this forum. There are a lot of supportive, knowledgable women over there!
djett626 is offline   Reply With Quote