PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Old 05-10-2004, 07:26 PM   #1  
Swimming Mouse

Default Activities and Exercise?

I always wonder, but now moreso because i can't go to the gym due to my ankle, about exercise and what counts or doesn't count.

I know that both the tracker I use on my computer and my PDA count my 'basal' for weight loss. Because of this, I've felt that it was 'wrong' to include my daily activities of teaching unless there was an unusual event that had me standing or walking more... I teach from a chair most of the time because of my previous ankle injuries. I lose my balance because of the nerve damage, and its only made worse by the occasional dizziness from the spironolactone or the sudden insulin rush if I eat too many simple carbs at one time. Unusual events include a field trip where I'm doing lots of walking or dragging equipment, having to take a lot of students to our resource behavioral area (I'm on the first floor, the nearest resource room is up a flight of stairs and the other end of the building), etc.
But I notice that on some of the trackers (FitDay.Com, the one I used to use on my old PDA) they include things like 'sitting in a meeting' and 'typing on the computer'. Is it okay to include these items in the daily log?
When I do that, it always looks much better in terms of calories burned, but later I get really depressed and angry because I haven't lost weight despite the gym-exercise and the work. Although I sit, I am still all over the room because the chair I use has wheels... so I push myself around.

What do you all think?

Anonymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2004, 01:56 PM   #2  
Rattie Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymouse
Although I sit, I am still all over the room because the chair I use has wheels... so I push myself around.

What do you all think?

I would think this would build up some sort of leg strength in your legs..without too much stress on the bones/muscles/joints. One can hope anyhow...
Noodles913 is offline   Reply With Quote