PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Closed Thread

Old 10-02-2003, 05:27 AM   #1  

Default Dieting with PCOS

I am doing a low carb diet which my NP/nutrionist recommnded for my suspected PCOS.
Now I know excercise is important but I also have Multiple Sclerosis which makes even putting clothes from the washer to the dryer a painful and difficult task.
Any suggestions on what I should do?
Should I use physical therapy as excercise if my doctor approves it?
Also there is no way to build up my tolerance to excercise. The damage is done, it has been just two years and its healing period is over. The damage to my body is now permanet.
Also I have another disease called Hidradenitis Suppurativa where I am supposed to lose weight to make it better but I can't sweat (I KNOW INSANE). Also because of the scars and emotional problems with the scars this leaves the option of swimming OUT.
At 22 this is not something I am comfortable with or ready to be comfortable with.
Ok done blabbing now.
Old 10-02-2003, 09:21 PM   #2  
WW Moderator

Good luck on your weight loss! I am sorry about your health problems, I know that must make it very hard for you. I think a physical therapist would be good to see, hopefully he/she can help you with activities. What kind of low carb plan are you on?
Old 10-02-2003, 11:06 PM   #3  

I was told under no certain terms was I to go on a plan because all the low carb plans I suggested are dangerous, such as Atkins which produces ketones the same thing found in a person with anorexia.
Because of health conditions it is EXTREMELY I continue to eat vegetables and fruits.
So I am just eating low carbs, no bread, rice, pasta, potatoes, and things like that.
I make recipes I find online.
I found that a plan isn't really important since I have been loosing weight doing this.
Old 10-03-2003, 01:12 AM   #4  
Rattie Lover

WELCOME Dell126!!

I dont know what to recommend for exercise cause I didnt do anything either...I sure know how you feel. I was that way with my 3 arthritises when I lived in Oregon. I couldnt even walk up or down stairs, let alone do laundry. It was impossible to exercise when every bone and joint and muscle in your body is in pain. Then to top it off I was on chemo too, which just made me more tireder and more weak. Blah! When we put the house up for sale though, I HAD to get up. I HAD to keep the house clean so it would sell. What a task...just a simple thing of making the beds killed me, but I did it. I look back now and I dont SEE myself as being that bad, but hubby tells me "Angel, you didnt even get on the COMPUTER most of the time." So I guess I was bad!! Anyhow, hang in there...if we can offer you anything it is a great support system!! Gotta great buncha girls around here...
Old 10-03-2003, 12:24 PM   #5  
WW Moderator

Dell, you might like some of the South Beach and Sugar Buster recipes. They are low glycemic, which sounds like the direction that your doctor wants you on.
Closed Thread