PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2003, 01:43 PM   #1  
on my way down!

Default How successful...

Has weight loss been in reducing your PCOS symptoms?

I have heard that loosing weight can help your periods return to normal etc...has that happened for you??

Thanks!
Old 08-14-2003, 01:48 PM   #2  
God, Give me strength !!

S/C/G: 240/240/150

Height: 5'7

I will let ya know when I lose my wieght

I have put off any weight loss, or plans do to trying to have a baby. I know not the exact way to think, but I was more determined to get PG, then even consider my health.

Now at this point in my life.. I have 2 Girls , and feel pretty complete, so NOW I am taking dieting and such seriously. So give me some time, and I will let ya know how it goes for me. I am ONLY 4 days into the SBD diet

I am also taking 1500 mg's of Met, and I know this is helping with ALOT of my PCOS symptoms!!!
Old 08-14-2003, 04:32 PM   #3  
on my way down!

Thanks for sharing with me Missy
Old 08-14-2003, 10:15 PM   #4  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Hi Tory

Loosing the weight certainly helped my symptoms. I have had regular periods (one blip) for 8 straight months now. The blip was a sugar binge I went on and my period arrived 2 weeks early then a yeast infection promptly followed. I learned my lesson!!

The hair ontop of my head seems happy. I no longer have handfuls of hair every morning when I shower and shampoo.

The hair on my chin increased a bit at first but has tapered off, and there doesnt seem to be any new growth in the last 8 months.

If I keep diligent about keeping my face clean, my breakouts arent as severe or as often.

I started Atkins in October of last year, and stopped my bcp pill in november of last year. So far, these are the 2 smartest things I could do for my pcos.

No, Im not on any other meds other than my vit sups.

I hope this helps
Robin
Old 08-15-2003, 12:51 AM   #5  
on my way down!

Thanks Robin I stopped the pill back in march so i am hoping that things settle down soon
Closed Thread