PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2003, 09:09 AM   #1  

Default new member with pcos

hi i'm new here, just a quick not to let you know that i really love message boards like this.
I just found out about 3 weeks that i had pcos and insulin resistance and it sucks.
I'm now on met and it makes me feel like ****, but i have lost 1kg in the first week of being on it so i spose thats a good thing.
I have been putting on wieght for the last 7 years and havent been able to take it off but i really hope that it is finally going to all turn around for the best now.
The only way i found out that i had all this going on was that i went off the pill a year ago to have a baby and didnt get a period for 8 months so i went to the doctor to find out what was up and he tells me all this. So now 1 year later no baby and still waiting and putting up with the rest of the crap that is happening to me now.
But anyway at least i have found other women with my same problems.
Thank you all, you are my inspiration.

Old 08-09-2003, 05:03 AM   #2  
on my way down!

Hi, im sorry things are so rough for you at the moment, hope the met helps and you start feeling better soon
Old 08-10-2003, 12:14 AM   #3  
God, Give me strength !!

S/C/G: 240/240/150

Height: 5'7

Hi & Welcome!!!

Sounds like Met has quite the effect on ya Sorry it is making u feel so bad. They say with time , all those LOVELY side effects disappear. I hope for you they do. Hang in there and good luck & again...... WELCOME
Old 08-10-2003, 05:21 PM   #4  

Unhappy PCOS STINKS

I too was diagnosed with pcos in 2000 or 2001 after a year of trying to conceive. It was a very depressing thing to go through. I was put on the metformin and had to change my diet and I lost 60 pounds in about 3 month. My insulin went from 22 to 8. I was doing so great and then all of the sudden I felt overwhelmed with depression. I quit taking my meds and started eating the wrong things and now I have gained every pound of my 60 back and I still do not have a child. I have now got back on my meds, eating healthy and I work out at Curves daily. The bad side effects of metformin usually does go away with time but I agree it sux while its there. I guess my point is... you are on the right track and just keep going full steam ahead. If you keep doing right and doing what the Dr. tells you, it will be no time till you are right where you want to be. I will be thinking of you and if you have any questions just ask. YOU CAN DO IT AND THE REWARD WILL BE GREAT.

Cassandra
Old 08-10-2003, 10:31 PM   #5  

thanks every one for the support it has been great, i'm atsrting to feel a lot better now , i started taking one pill in the morning and on after dinner at night, it has made me feel a lot better doing it this way, and i have been exerising everyday so maybe thats helping me feel better too. Cant what see se how much weight i have lost on friday , wish me luck.

Thanks a bunch
Old 08-10-2003, 11:06 PM   #6  
WW Moderator

Welcome to the list, CandyApples! Good luck at losing your weight. It's good that you are exercising. That is more important for insulin resistant people to lose weight than 'regular' people. It is very difficult to lose weight without it!

What kind of weight loss plan are you following? I am on Atkin's, but thinking about doing South Beach.
Closed Thread