PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Old 09-05-2014, 11:12 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 273/269/150

Height: 5 foot nothing

Default stressed out with my pcos

So I was diagnosed with pcos at age 20.I would go months to years without having a period. I was put on metformin and ended up getting pregnant not long after. Once I had my daughter my periods regulated and everything was good. Recently I started getting irregular again. I have currently been bleeding for 9 weeks nonstop. I went to my obgyn, she put me back on birth control and metformin, did an endometrial biopsy due to family history of uterine cancer and also did an ultrasound. Thankfully my biopsy came back 100% clear and I have only gained one cyst on each ovary in the last 5 years. Ultrasound did not show any fibroids or masses. However it did show my lining to be 3x thicker than it should be. She said it is likely due to over production of estrogen due to my pcos. She changed my birth control to one that has the same amount of hormones throughout the whole pack and wants me to follow up in two months to see if it stops the bleeding. Ugh potentially more bleeding for two more months I have noticed if I'm up moving around a lot it will nearly stop but as soon as I sit for a period of time its fully flowing again and I don't understand it. I'm stressed and tired now and don't know what to do. Any advice or words of wisdom would be much appreciated. Sorry this is so long.
mamabug17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 08:33 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 189/186.8/160 (restart)

Height: 5'5"

But your ob/gyn is correct. Phased BCP are not as good for PCOS women as steady dose pills.
Rana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 09:10 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 273/269/150

Height: 5 foot nothing

I have noticed. I'm almost through the first week of the new pill and *fingers crossed* as of today the bleeding has almost stopped. It is just really unusual for me. I have never had this happen, I usually have no period at all. Also on the old pills every month when I would start my period I would get a stupid cold sore like clock work. I'm hoping this new one stops that.
mamabug17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 06:04 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 189/186.8/160 (restart)

Height: 5'5"

Good luck! I hope its working!
Rana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 08:49 AM   #5  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

I never did well on triphasiscs. Monophasics were better for me too.

In case it helps any...

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/pcos...ills-pcos.html

Hang in there with it -- hopefully the bleeding will stop soon.

A.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 12:03 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 302/294/160

Height: 170 cm

That all does sound really stressful!! I'm so glad to hear that the bleeding had almost stopped. Did you end up with a cold sore?

What I really wanted to say was - I am very interested in your use of metformin and it's ability to help you get pregnant! I feel now like maybe I didn't give the metformin a good enough shot - though I did take it religiously for just shy of 5 months. I'd love to hear your thoughts, what you noticed and how it worked for you.
Bardess is offline   Reply With Quote