PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Closed Thread

Old 08-12-2003, 11:50 PM   #1  

Default Provera but no period

So you know how people take provera when they are diagnosed w/ pcos. What happens if they take it but don't get a period? what would that mean?
Old 08-13-2003, 10:20 AM   #2  
God, Give me strength !!

S/C/G: 240/240/150

Height: 5'7

I have taken provera many times, but I always got AF from it. It was like 10 days AFTER I took my last pill. I would call your doc, and maybe they will give u a few more days of it and see if that does the trick.

Good Luck. Hopefully someone here has experienced this as well, and can give u a better answer then me
Old 08-13-2003, 10:30 PM   #3  

How long has it been since your last pill? Sometimes it would take me two weeks to get my period after my last pill. If you dont get it after a few weeks call your doctor, you could have low estrogen which would cause no lining to build up which wouldnt allow a period. I have had that in the past when I first went off bcps.
Old 08-15-2003, 06:43 PM   #4  

It's been over 10 days since the last pill. I have an appt in 7 days with a md so we cab go over the results of all the ests, its just worried me since last time i took the pill, last year, i got a period in 2 days.
Old 08-15-2003, 11:25 PM   #5  

I had this problem also,i finally got my period after 3 years of not having one regular.They have me on Alesse28 and they are working great.Does anyone else take this pill?
Old 08-16-2003, 03:55 PM   #6  

Well yesterday on day 10, i had a barely noticeable bleed. I didn't have one today, so that kind of just raises more questions.
Old 08-18-2003, 11:25 AM   #7  

It sounds like low estrogen to me, that is what I use to have all the time till I got my insulin under control through glucophage.

Good Luck at your drs appt.
Closed Thread