3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/pcos-insulin-resistance-support-70/)
-   -   PCOS April Weighloss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/pcos-insulin-resistance-support/198228-pcos-april-weighloss-support.html)

astrophe 04-15-2010 01:03 PM

Had lunch. Still on program for getting rid of excess sugar and sodium.:carrot:

Only all I want to think about is having a soda. :mad:Nnnnnrggggh.... I know if I can get through the first few days I'll "reset" and be ok. But... nnnnnnnnnrrrgggghhhh. Nnnnnnnnnrrrrggggghhh.:mad:

A.

Sassy_Chick 04-15-2010 03:11 PM

Hi Cysters! :wave:

Well done with school (for the week at least!) had our mid-term test, I think I passed it, but I know I didn't get an A! lol.

Since we were all talking about eating and all, I have been thinking about doing Jenny Craig or something so that my meals are all done for me since my life is gonna be chaotic very soon! I have a husband who is a great cook, but cooks ALL the wrong things and I'm gonna be on the opposite shift as him so I need something for me to eat that is HEALTHY and simple so that I will stick with it. Gotta find me a gym as well by my work so that I can go on my lunch.

So my goals for next month since this month is almost done and I won't "really" start working full time + doing school until then, my goals are:

1) Find a Healthy Food Option, either join a program or buy meals or cook ahead and freeze some.

2) Find a gym close to work and go talk with them.

Hey Girls was looking online and found a site I thought I'd share with you all: http://www.mealsmatter.org/ You can take a Food Personality Quiz and it can help you plan healthy meals for your food and lifestyle. Thought it might be helpful.

Good Luck Girlies, I know you can do it! Stay strong! :lifter:

astrophe 04-17-2010 03:39 PM

Qucik check in before I go back to playing with my kid.

Been opting for 40% carb, 30% protein, 30% fat. Or near about there for the last two days. I feel calm, appetite seems to be fuller faster and last longer. But then I had some juice last night and some lemonade at lunch today and yow! TOO SWEET. I had to check the label to make sure I wasn't crazy and it was the same juice we normally get. It was. Just interesting to note how I reacted to it.

A.

astrophe 04-22-2010 11:25 PM

Hi:

Things are normal (more or less) here. Just wanted to say hi and check in.

I'm on track and have labs next week for the endoc.

A.

sassykimann 04-25-2010 07:25 PM

HI ladies

Im new to the forum. My name is KimAnn and I am 35. I was diagnosed with PCOS on Thursday. I have lost 48 pounds doing Ideal Protein and I have never felt so good in my life. My endocrinologist told me that because I am doing so well on the program, she believes my body likes the way Im eating and she says that is probably the way Im going to have to eat for life. I have another 40 pounds to lose before my wedding in September and then we are hoping to start trying to conceive.

The diagnosis of PCOS threw me for a loop and Im still shocked but Im doing alot of research and Im hoping to avoid having to take pills by just diet and excercise.

I hope you all have a great Sunday.

astrophe 04-25-2010 09:06 PM

Welcome, Sassy!

A. :)

PinkHoodie 04-25-2010 09:33 PM

I'm new here too. Trying to lose weight on South Beach, doing good so far. Hoping to see more success.
We have been trying to get pg for over 6 years, but only started seeking help last year. We have done surgery, 1 round of Clomid and I'm currently on my 2nd round of Femara. We will be taking a break after this cycle while I try to lose more weight.
PCOS sucks lol, but I really think diet and exercise do help to control the symptoms...
Look forward to chatting with you all! :)

astrophe 04-27-2010 04:37 PM

Welcome, Pink! :)

As for me...

Things here are kind of blah. I'm mid cycle and that's when the crazy seems to start -- sleepy, weepy, etc.

A.

Sassy_Chick 04-27-2010 09:43 PM

Hello All.

I have been mia and just haven't wanted to come in and say I lost my new job, (they let go of the temps) AND I dropped out of school. So yes I am a big LOSER. I dropped out of school because it was too much and my husband asked some coworkers who do what I want to do and they stated that my school was a joke and that I only needed to take one class to get the job I want. So I dropped because I didn't want to go anyways and didn't want to waste money on something that is not going to get me where I want to be.
So enough said.

Also had an appt with a new infertility dr today and basically was told that I need to get my diabetes in control before he'll treat me. So basically I'm a big fat cow :moo: who needs to lose more weight. I thought this was nothing new, I've heard it a MILLION times that "If you lose weight everything will be just fine and dandy." and I'm so SICK of hearing it. But guess I just need to get my BIG REAR in gear and just DO it once and for all! lol.

Thanks for listening.

Big :hug:

astrophe 04-27-2010 10:16 PM

Sounds like you hand one heck of day, Sassy. :hug:

I just did a short Wii workout -- 30 min total. 20 min of free walk, step game , and parade game.

Had a potluck and couldn't food log accurately but the the best I could.

I'm feeling a little PMS blah still but better post workout.

A.

Sassy_Chick 04-28-2010 09:19 PM

*WARNING* Its a long one!! Get yourself something to drink!! LOL!

Hi Cysters! :wave:

Thanks Astrophe! I was a mess yesterday. Sometimes I really really hate this stupid disease. But I know we all were chosen for a reason. I dunno really what that reason is for me, at least, but I know there is one.

I keep questioning myself about the whole Mommy thing. Like ever since I can remember that is ALL I have ever wanted to be. But my best friend kinda questioned me about it. She thinks that deep down I don't want it because if I REALLY did as much as I say I do, then I would have dropped the weight a lot sooner. Now it has me thinking. Maybe I just like the thought of being a mommy? I dunno. I've babysat quite a few kids in my time and I love kids, don't get me wrong, I do but I was always glad to go home to my quiet home. So I dunno. I feel all mixed up. My mom always told me that it is different with your own children than with watching other peoples, but I dunno.

Also more about my dr I am seeing. He has a book out that he co-wrote that my gyn. gave me to read. (haven't' read it yet, still reading 3FC's book) But I did wanna share it on here in case anybody here wants to read it here it is: It is called "The Fast Track to Fertility: A Modern Guide to Overcoming Infertility" by Dr. Sherif G. Awadalla (Author), Dr. Michael D. Scheiber (Author) (my dr I am seeing is Dr. Scheiber and I believe if I read it right he knows more about PCOS.) ;) But anyways, he was very knowledgeable about the disease and explained how my insulin and extra estrogen affects our bodies. Said that when we eat sugar or carbs our insulin goes through the roof and insulin stores FAT. So makes sense. Also said our ovaries look like chocolate chip cookies. lol. Yeah out of everything he said and I remember that! HA! But I feel like even if I never get pregnant, at least I can be healthier and what I loved about what he told me is, "I don't expect you to get down to 130 or anything, but just a few pounds could make a big difference."

I mean all my life all I've been told is A) I'm overweight (DUH) and B) You need to weigh around 125-130. UH riggghhhttt. I remember back in HS when I lost weight, I managed to get down to 170 and I think I looked pretty darn good and I got stuck at that weight. No matter how healthy/little I ate or how much I exercised, the scale would not budge and that is back when I was young and had better metabolism. Not that I would quit trying if I got to that weight again, but I just could never see myself at 125-130. My mother is like 120 if even that and she is about an inch taller than me and she looks like a skeleton with bones on it.

So my goal is to get down to 250. That sounds like a big number I know that. But right now and I can't beleive I'm gonna say it, but I'm at 290. I was down to 285 but then I went up to 290 which I didn't like at all. So I got 40 pounds to lose. The last time I was 250? I think was about 12 years ago when I got married? Or maybe right before? I read on one of my medical records back then that I was about that weight so that means in my marriage I've gained about 100 pounds! (I have lost 40 pounds if it doesn't keep creeping up on me!)

Anyways that is the scoop so to speak. The dr is putting me on Provera to jump start my period (YAY! NOT!) lol. and upping my dosage on Fortamet to 500 mg 3 times a day instead of only 2.

He is hoping that, along with a better diet and exercise will help me lower my A1C. (it was 7.1, it was 6.5 and then jumped up--I included a link so if you all don't know what an A1C is or what those numbers mean, you can go and check it out. Us "Cysters" should know this, even if we are not Diabetics. Just useful info. ;)) I am also on 5 mg of Glipizide as well for my Diabetes.

Anyways, that is about it. He said after my A1C goes down he will start me on two drugs. Both start with an F and dang I should have had him write it down for me, but basically they are to help me Ovulate hopefully. I don't think I ever have, ever. I have tried Clomid MANY MANY times and nothing so he said these drugs are the next step. Then he said it would be on to Insemination, which my hubby's insurance does cover -- TG!!!

Well Cysters, that is all from me, I know its a lot. But I needed to get it out. I was in no mood yesterday. So thanks for listening!

:hug:

PinkHoodie 04-29-2010 12:26 AM

Sassy_Chick - Sounds like you are just going through a not so fun time right now. I think after having treatments and a surgery this year, that I have to lose weight if I want to increase my chances of having a baby. I'm thinking one of the drugs he will put you on is Femara. That is usually the next step after Clomid.
I am on my last round of Femara before I go on a break to focus on losing weight and getting healthy. So far I have had little response to any drugs, and I'm assuming that has to do with the insulin and even weight itself can secrete hormones...I truly believe that PCOS is a result of imbalanced hormones.
I also think that a lot of women feel the same way as you, wondering if they REALLY want a baby. I think your mom is right...its different when its your own flesh and blood...but also its like when you get a new animal, or someone new comes to live with you. It takes some adjustment. But after a month or so I think it would become so normal, you wouldn't even long for the silence anymore.
I know how you feel. I have always been heavy. I weighed 195 when I got married 6 years ago, and that was after losing weight for my wedding. In High School I was in a tight 18....I don't ever remember being able to cross my legs or fit in normal sized clothes. Its hard. It feels daunting. Just take baby steps. Focus on getting healthier...focus more on inches lost then pounds.
I really hope that you can figure it out what works for YOU. We are here for you! :)

Sassy_Chick 04-29-2010 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PinkHoodie (Post 3268761)
Sassy_Chick - Sounds like you are just going through a not so fun time right now. I think after having treatments and a surgery this year, that I have to lose weight if I want to increase my chances of having a baby. I'm thinking one of the drugs he will put you on is Femara. That is usually the next step after Clomid.
I am on my last round of Femara before I go on a break to focus on losing weight and getting healthy. So far I have had little response to any drugs, and I'm assuming that has to do with the insulin and even weight itself can secrete hormones...I truly believe that PCOS is a result of imbalanced hormones.
I also think that a lot of women feel the same way as you, wondering if they REALLY want a baby. I think your mom is right...its different when its your own flesh and blood...but also its like when you get a new animal, or someone new comes to live with you. It takes some adjustment. But after a month or so I think it would become so normal, you wouldn't even long for the silence anymore.
I know how you feel. I have always been heavy. I weighed 195 when I got married 6 years ago, and that was after losing weight for my wedding. In High School I was in a tight 18....I don't ever remember being able to cross my legs or fit in normal sized clothes. Its hard. It feels daunting. Just take baby steps. Focus on getting healthier...focus more on inches lost then pounds.
I really hope that you can figure it out what works for YOU. We are here for you! :)

Thanks and yes it is Femara that he wants to put me on. Yeah I think it was a lot of info to process for me and had lots of opinions and advice from friends/family. Finally I figured the only 2 opinions that matter are mine and my husbands and we do want children. I think my mom and you are right, your own flesh in blood is different than other peoples children. Because my BFF's little girl is 2 and she drives me insane sometimes. I know a lot of that is her age too but also when I baby sit her, I have to deal with a new puppy, and two other dogs all at the same time. Its too much, esp doing it for free. So I tried to let my bff know without coming right out and saying it that I will do this to help her out, until she finds someone else or I find a PAYING job. I am hoping I get a call soon on a job. Because we need the money. Even if my bff paid me, I don't think I can hack it much longer. Its not so much the little girl, but the dogs. That is a lot to add to someone watching a toddler because the puppy gets into EVERYTHING. So its like watching 2 toddlers at once. So her bf said he'd help her out, so I'm hoping he does so I'm off the hook! lol.

Anyways my DH and I began walking this morning together, just around the block, but it got my heart rate up and my legs were killing me after. So its a start. I think the inches thing is a good idea. I remember when my cousin and I were trying to lose weight as kids and my mom would measure us weekly instead of weighing us to keep us motivated. ;) My bff also gave me a pair of capris that are about 2 sizes too small so I can use those as a guide as well.

Thanks for listening and also for sharing your experience and all.

Big :hug:

Sassy_Chick 04-30-2010 06:10 PM

OMG Cysters!

I am so stoked! I just tested my blood sugar and it was......107! Which is NORMAL! :carrot: Also about 45 min ago I drank 8 oz of Juice. Its the Old Orchard Berry Blend. So I kinda wanted to "test the waters" and see what would happen and vola! I am NORMAL! I guess Diet, exercise and portion/drink size makes a HUGE difference! No wonder I FEEL so good right now too! I am NORMAL! YAY ME! FYI:"The American Diabetes Association recommends the following blood glucose guidelines for non-pregnant women: 70-130 mg/dL before meals and less than 180 mg/dl 1-2 hours after the start of a meal."

Ok just wanted to share! How is everybody doing?? DH and I walked yesterday and this morning 1 mile. ;)

PinkHoodie 04-30-2010 06:27 PM

Awesome job for your 1 mile walk! Exercise is SO addicting to me. It totally destresses me.
So guess what??? I have 2 eggs growing in my left ovary this time! This is HUGE for me!! I still don't know for sure if it will all work out and I will get pregnant, but the Dr feels like this is a result of the combo of upping my Femara dose, and my weight loss. Its very motivating to keep going! I will be having an IUI next week sometime. :)