PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Closed Thread

Old 08-02-2009, 09:42 PM   #1  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Wink PCOS August WL Support

Hello and Welcome All to the PCOS WL Support August 2009 Thread!

This thread is about PCOS and Weight Loss Support. If you have PCOS, or think you might, or know anybody that might have it, or your just curious or you just think we are totally awesome, so you just wanna chat with us, please join us!

Losing weight with PCOS is like trying to rollerskate up an icy hill. With all the wonderful lovely side effects, extra facial and body hair, skin tags, dark skin patches, weight gain, etc, etc, etc.........

Everybody is whether you are trying to conceive or not!

Some come on in, get a cupa whatever and join us in a chat.

Last edited by Sassy_Chick; 08-03-2009 at 10:11 PM.
Old 08-03-2009, 10:09 PM   #2  
~Believe~

Talking Happy August!

Hi and to August Thread!

I shortened the Welcome Post. Figured it would be easier for people to read? What do you all think? (You can look at July's 1st post to see how it used to be) Anything you think I need to include/not include? Thanks in advance for your input!

For me, so far my AF has been regular for 3 months now! Lets keep our fingers crossed that she stays that way and hopefully I can get pregnant soon!!!!!! Also found out that my dr I was seeing to try to get pregnant is retiring, so I have to find a new dr. No big deal really, that dr was nice, but he was kinda far, esp for that type of dr. I plan on finding one closer to home.

Weight Loss & Diet wise...........just haven't been doing well...........at all. I not only fell OFF the wagon, it has done ran over me a few times!!!!!!!!! HA!

I hope you all are doing well!

Old 08-04-2009, 10:28 AM   #3  
New BodyBugger!

S/C/G: 317/ticker/175

Height: 5' 9"

Sassy, I think it looks great! My weightloss is gong surprising well! I am down 9.8 lbs in 6 weeks. Not bad! lol I had a strange AF in mid July. Showed up about 2 weeks early and only stayed a couple of days and was really light. Anyway, my real one is supposed to come any day, however, if we are going off the last (short) one, I have about 2 more weeks.

Hope all is well!
Old 08-04-2009, 10:46 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 302/287/200

Height: 5'5"

I wish you all the luck on getting pregnant! Just make sure you find a dr. that is knowledgeable about PCOS - I have found that alot of drs. don't believe in this condition. I'm 32 but I had to have a hysterectomy in 2007 because of the meds my doctors put me on (who by the way said their was no such thing as PCOS) and it lead to cancer. I'm all better now and to be honest I certainly don't miss my periods! Losing weight is the hardest thing for a person to accomplish and I've fallen of the wagon so many times that I'm surprised I can even stand! I do Atkins and once you stop it's sooooo hard to go back on! Together we can be each others inspiration!!
Old 08-04-2009, 09:24 PM   #5  
~Believe~

Hello...........

Heather -- Thanks and WTG on the 9.8 pounds! I have no idea why mine suddenly after all these years decided to be "normal". Weird......

chubbs -- Thank You! Yeah I know, some drs are completely clueless about PCOS. But I did have a very knowledgeable dr about the disease and she was a total witch! So I need someone knowledgeable and that is decent. They don't have to be hugging me or nothing, just not mean, ya know? Trying to get pregnant is very very personal, so don't just want anybody. Sorry to hear about your hysterectomy. But I am glad that your all better.

Big
Old 08-04-2009, 09:48 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 302/287/200

Height: 5'5"

I know what you mean. I love my doctor because not only does he know about PCOS but he also has a great bedside manner. I go to a huge practice that has several different offices and he still takes the time to have me sit in his office after my exam and gives me his undivided attention. That's important because that allows you to feel like you can be open and honest and talk to him about anything. All the nurses in the office are great too which is another huge thing! You'll find the right doctor for you. I'm just glad that I was able to have the surgery while my husband was still here with me (he passed away Nov. 2008) because he was always my rock. Having loving family and friends is also a huge thing.
Old 08-05-2009, 12:01 AM   #7  
~Believe~

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by chubbs View Post
I know what you mean. I love my doctor because not only does he know about PCOS but he also has a great bedside manner. I go to a huge practice that has several different offices and he still takes the time to have me sit in his office after my exam and gives me his undivided attention. That's important because that allows you to feel like you can be open and honest and talk to him about anything. All the nurses in the office are great too which is another huge thing! You'll find the right doctor for you. I'm just glad that I was able to have the surgery while my husband was still here with me (he passed away Nov. 2008) because he was always my rock. Having loving family and friends is also a huge thing.

That is how my regular gynecologist is. She is AWESOME! I just wish she also handled infertility, but she doesn't. She was the one who not only diagnosed me with PCOS, but also found out that I was a Diabetic as well. She is sooooo great. When I go in for my annual, she is SO thorough and always takes her time and asks not only about my health, but my emotions, etc. Another weird thing is she is not afraid to touch me. I know that sounds weird esp talking about a gynecologist, but I am sure we have all been to some that even though they get into our "personal" space, but they still act like we have the frickin plague or something. My gyn. is not like that at all, very hands on, checking everything, like its supposed to be. Just is nice to be actually "treated right". My family dr, I have been seeing for about 5 years or so, and in that time, he has never laid a finger on me!!! Even when I have had my back go out, abdominal pain, etc. So we are looking for a new one, we basically stayed with him because he used to be so close to us. Since we moved, he isn't so convient. So very sorry to hear about your husband's passing. My husband is my Rock as well.
Old 09-01-2009, 06:06 AM   #8  
~Believe~

Exclamation

Thread is Now Closed! I am not creating a September one due to lack of interest. If someone else would like to start one, be my guest!
Closed Thread