PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Old 11-02-2008, 04:46 PM   #1  

Exclamation Struggling to lose weight :(

Hi...just over a year ago, I started putting on a considerable amount of weight. Despite trying to diet, the kilos just kept piling on so I sought advice from an endocrynologist. After heaps of blood tests, I was told I had insulin resistance and was put on Metformin. I was also told I needed to lose most of the weight ASAP. I started working with a nutritionist and managed to lose 8 kg in 4 months due to a combination of an eating plan and exercise.

However, I didn't manage to lose any more weight and to top it all off...I recently injured my leg and haven't been able to exercise for the past couple of weeks and ended up putting on 3.5 kg (obviously started feeling depressed as the weight came back so I resorted to comfort eating ) The worst thing is that I don't fit in any of the clothes I was wearing up to 2 weeks ago and am avoiding going out,

I have decided that I must go back to following my diet and exercising in order to lose the weight but every time I end up depressed simply because it is such a struggle and sacrifice which takes ages to see results...if any at all. Consequently...I end up stuffing my face with carbs...the unhealthy kind might I add so that it turns into a vicious cycle. I just don't seem to have the same will power I had a couple of months ago...any motivational tips pls?!?! I'm DESPERATE
MissObsessive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 07:07 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

I really don't get the feeling that it's such a struggle that takes ages to produce results - because my goal was to change my daily habits, not to reach some finish line. I don't expect it to ever end. The way you eat and exercise, each and every day, rewards you with health, even after you've been maintaining for 10 years.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 07:21 PM   #3  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

I hope this tip helps you. When I catch myself eating for the "**** of it" I conciously look at the food and say aloud--"the answer is not here." I read that a while back and it helps me.

Sorry, I have no other advice to offer since you are seeing a med. professional about something I know nothing of. Good luck.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote