Old 05-04-2006, 09:18 AM   #1  
ThickChick

S/C/G: 205/189.6/140

Default Heartland Pagan Festival

Hello and merry meet I was wondering if anyone was within the KC area or was going to Heartland this year? I am reading reviews about it and have known of it forever but due to "changing of paths", "losing my path", "falling off my path" or just plain forgetting where/what path I was on... I have never made it before. Some 1200+ people were there last year and I am extremely excited to finally go this year. http://kchsa.org/tikiwiki/tiki-index...=2006+Festival
Well I put a short post at the tailend of the March/April chat thread so there's that.
Hope to hear from any midwesterners that are out there... fighting close-mindedness, fighting fat....

Love & Light-
tori99999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 11:45 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 180/176.5/135

Height: 5'6.5"

I'm not going this year - but I was there in 1997 (my husband was in a pagan band that played there that year). It was a very lovely time - great site and great people. One of the best pagan gatherings/festivals I have ever been to. If it was close - I would go every year.

Have fun!
Morgaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 08:43 AM   #3  
ThickChick

S/C/G: 205/189.6/140

Default Back from Heartland

Well we made it back from Heartland Pagan Festival. I broke my big toe! Fell down one of those rocky roads on my first day there... needless to say, that made for a somewhat uncomfortable camping experience. Not to mention tearing up my knee pretty bad too.
It was SOOO hot and our camp was in the sun for the majority of the day. We only had early morning shade. I didn't feel the sense of "community" or family or anything. I think it was perhaps just too big of a festival to get out of it what I was expecting. Plus, being camped out in 1st field (a good distance away from the main circle) made getting back and forth (with hurt knee and toe) a bit of a triumph each time. The biting flies, mosquitos, and ticks were really bad and so overall I think JD and I were both kinda let down about the whole experience. I did procure some wonderful Mead tho
Don't know that we'll plan to go next year... $140 each and no ammenities-- hmmmm....
AND I GAINED 10 lbs!! Don't know how! My legs and ankles are really puffy/swollen so I am thinking it is mostly water-weight. We really didn't eat that much because cooking in the heat was unbearable and my only calories came from about 6 wine coolers. Plus I was doing a LOT of walking and sweating. Don't know what happened. Well anyways, we are back and I am back on diet... sighhhh....
tori99999 is offline   Reply With Quote