Old 09-28-2005, 03:19 PM   #1  
redhead veggie

Default Since there seems to be a few pagans here...

What if, together, we crafted some sort of mini-ritual or something - just something to help us keep on our goal, not many props- perhaps just a phrase to say before we eat, one to say before we exercise?

Anyway, just an idea.
superchar42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005, 07:57 PM   #2  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Sounds good! Anyone have any ideas on how to get started...You'll have to excuse me I am very tired right now and my thinking cap is on the blink
mauvaisroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005, 11:43 AM   #3  
The sweetest thing !

I think that is a great idea!!!!! I agree on the no tools, since not everyone has them or wants to use them. I will think on a phrase that we can use.

I am really interested in starting and online coven. Meeting on a certain time and date online and create wonderful rituals that will help us stay positive and feel great about ourselves, which then will help us stay motivated to achieve our weight loss goals.
How does that sound?
Wild Honey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005, 07:45 PM   #4  
redhead veggie

Some sort of mantra would be awesome. Like a combination of different words...
I think a word created for a purpose can have more meaning.

healthy+fit= fealth?

Since I'm a solitary I don't know much about coveny things... heck, I quit the one pagan-open religious group on campus - I don't like drama.
superchar42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005, 01:22 PM   #5  
Crazy Old Crone

Quote:
Originally Posted by superchar42
What if, together, we crafted some sort of mini-ritual or something - just something to help us keep on our goal, not many props- perhaps just a phrase to say before we eat, one to say before we exercise?

Anyway, just an idea.

Hmm, well my family always says *Graces* before we eat to thank the plants and animals for giving of themselves to feed us, and to ask the Lord and Lady to help those in need. Perhaps I can add a bit in there about helping us to treat our body's as sacred temples.

Now you have me thinking!
RhainyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 01:30 PM   #6  
Alis volat propiis

S/C/G: 270/See Slider/145-140

Hello, everyone. I recently introduced myself in the November Chat thread on the general Alternachicks forum. I consider myself a Christian witch, so I'm not a Pagan. But I feel strongly connected to the feminine nature of the Divine (which is why trying to live my life as a traditional Christian didn't work well for me). Anyway, as far as weight loss and body image and self-love and -acceptance are concerned, I've been very buoyed by what I've been reading on this board. I hope you don't mind me joining in your conversations.

In keeping with the topic of this thread, I wanted to share a prayer (meditation, affirmation, spell, what have you) that is becoming an important part of my journey. I have it taped to my fridge, but my goal is to paint it on there or maybe create a mosaic of it. I also use it as a daily prayer:

I dwell in a sacred temple,
which laughs and loves,
which offers pleasure and comfort,
which gives life and sustains it,
which connects me to all that is Divine, both masculine and feminine.
It is my Body.
Help me, oh God, to respect it.
To feed it well and within reason.
To move it, protect it and pamper it.
To think and speak kindly of it.
To appreciate it.
And to offer it as a vibrant, sensual and healthy testament to your Glory.

Last edited by MaggieShines; 12-01-2005 at 09:57 AM.
MaggieShines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 02:00 PM   #7  
Kaipo "Sweetheart"

S/C/G: 260/176/175

Height: 5' 10"

I like it
ajandpj99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 09:58 AM   #8  
Alis volat propiis

S/C/G: 270/See Slider/145-140

Thank you, Trish.

I found myself telling someone today that the only decision she had to make about food concerned ONLY the next thing she put in her mouth. No daylong or weeklong of lifelong choices or commitments -- just the very next bite. If we make that next choice a good one, based on our true needs and respect for the vessel that is our body, then that's one baby step closer to good health and proper weight. It was a mini revelation for me. Based on that, I've started saying these prayers before I eat anything, in addition to my daily healthful eating prayer.

"Lord, thank you for this food.
Thank you for letting me make a good choice.
Please let it nourish me, fill me and satisfy me -- body and soul.
Fill me with gratitude for any living thing that was sacrificed to create this food
and for the abundance in my life that allows me to have such varied and wonderful choices. Bless it, and me."

If I find myself about to eat something that I feel I shouldn't, I'm going to say the same prayer but replace "Thank you for letting me make a good choice" with "I know I haven't made the best choice, but there must be a reason for my choosing this. Help me to enjoy this food and to make a better choice next time."

Hope you ladies don't mind me sharing these things.
MaggieShines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 10:15 AM   #9  

No, don't mind at all Maggie! In fact is great to see some different ideas from everyone.

I think a lot of us take things for granted and forget to be mindful of the things we do and what is around us. Thanking a deity or the source of food seems to be a common thing in a lot of different faiths/ideologies.
Old 12-13-2005, 05:29 AM   #10  

A touchstone works. Take a blue topaz and visualize a ball of white energy in it (gotta meditate..say anything you want during that time to empower the stone)... in your mind give it the power to help you gain self control. Then whenever you get the urge to snack or break the diet, rub the stone to remind you that you can do it and stay on track.

Simple but effective.
Lissa68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 04:33 PM   #11  

Good idea Lissa!
Old 12-28-2005, 02:56 PM   #12  
loser ina good way

Hi all - just joined last month and am thrilled to find a pagan board. I am a Solitary Wiccan. Live alone with my 3 cats and dog. At 54 my metabolism needs aerobic workouts to kick it into gear. I like to light a candle at the end of the day focusing and 3 times say "fat, fat melt away never to return my way. Metabolism come back to me as I will so mote it be" I find it helps reinforce my direction against the tempting foods out there this time of year.
Bright Blessings All!
djadecatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 09:21 PM   #13  

That is a wonderful idea on the candle and performing the incantation for losing weight. I am a solitary Wiccan as well and I am 53. I think I will try your candle magick for some added boost. Blessed Be!

Cyl53

Cyl53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 05:22 PM   #14  
loser ina good way

For those who have cable or satalite January is the big month for inspiring shows to help with weight loss. The Discovery Health Challenge starts on the 14th and VH1 has Celebrity Fit Club on the 1st. It always gets me so inspired having those shows to watch, seeing how hard they work gets me to push myself harder! I love some of the ideas here such as a phrase before we eat - it would certainly reinforce the goal of making good choices and not overdoing it.
A belated Happy Soltice all!

djadecatz

Last edited by djadecatz; 12-30-2005 at 05:34 PM.
djadecatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 02:35 PM   #15  

Welcome Cyl and djadecatz