3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Paganchicks (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/paganchicks-185/)
-   -   Merry Meet and greet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/paganchicks/65925-merry-meet-greet.html)

shymeggie 03-01-2009 08:47 AM

Merry Meet all......My name is megan and I am a married mom of three. I am a hedge witch living the homesteading lifestyle. We grow about 80% of what we eat.
I was so happy to find a place for pagans here...how so very cool. :hug:

Moon Faerie 03-06-2009 10:02 PM

I'm Nicole. I'm a mostly SAHM. I;m also a wedding & portrait photographer, but I'm self employed and don't take on too much work.

I'm married to my high school sweetheart. We've been married for 8 years now, together for 12, and were friends for years before we started dating. He's a restaurant manager. We have 2 kiddos - our son is 5, and our daughter is 4. Starting this fall, I'll be homeschooling ds. I'm also going back to school myself, although very part time.

We're going to Disney this Dec for Christmas/dd's birthday/our anniversary/my 30th birthday (late Dec/early Jan is crazy for us!), so in addition to losing weight, I'm getting in better shape for all that walking. I've read that the average is 8 miles per day, and we'll be there for 7 days!

rainy 03-20-2009 08:34 AM

WOW!! I didn't imagine I could find a pagan place here also! :D *dancing around*

MM all! I'm a healer hedgewitch and so glad there's a place for us! ;)

fenderella5678 03-22-2009 06:26 AM

Wow, this is amazing! I had no idea this was here, I officially love this website now. :D
I'm 17 (almost 18), and starting college soon. I'm not officially any one branch, I'm still studying quite a bit, but I've always felt close to Wicca. :) Merry meet everyone!

SaltwaterFarm 04-01-2009 08:29 PM

Merry Meet Everyone!

I joined 3FC a couple of days ago and am so happy to see this forum, with all the nice vibes from the group.

My name is Kate, I'm 55 and have six kids, 4 grandkids and a long term weight issue. I've been an eclectic solitary for 40 years, two of my daughters are following the path.

I joined with the need to find a kindred spirit - it's hard to do by yourself, you know the old saying - the spirit is willing but the flesh is weak.

I could go on and on, but I'll refrain for now... ;) With any luck, you guys will have a long time to get to know me.:)

Blessed Be

Frigg 04-08-2009 04:53 AM

Name: Frigg
Religion/Spirituality: Norse Pagan
Beginning Weight: 142
Current Weight: 129
Goal Weight: 120
Goal Date: N/A
About me: Just a lone heathen vegan on the internet.

dark phoenix 05-28-2009 01:10 PM

Wow A pagan support group.

Well a little about me:

I am 25 years old. Raised roman catholic, but with very open parents. In my teens I started to question my feelings toward religion and a couple years later I left the Catholic church for good. I found an eclectic pagan group in my area and attended a few sabbatt rituals, and felt like I was finally finding my self. I don't know what I would classify myself but I do not feel that it is neccesary to do so. I met my husband in a Wiccan chatroom. My intrest include. Nature walks, reading, wrighting, Drawing, and knitting. I listen to all types of music. from country to rap, oldies to emo and everything in between. Yes even some opra. I like to meditate to celtic music. One of my huge goals is to run a marathon someday. I got a long way to go. I am starting with the couch to 5k program and taking it slow.

MarySnidget 07-08-2009 09:39 PM

I'm Mary, 21 years old, a student and a part time professional dog walker...which is a slow business where I live. I was raised Catholic and it just never "clicked". My best friend at the time and I was in the same Catholic classes together and she left because the parent in charge kept telling us that having friends of other faith is wrong, if you get pregnant and are a teen you should give it up for adoption, blah blah blah.

Her mom found Wicca, and I have always believed in magic and faeries and we just ventured together. I was apart of the Correllian Tradition with my friend and her mother, but the temple I would meet with kinda fell apart after her mom left (she was the priestess I guess, though we never used titles) and it just got real iffy so now I'm just an eclectic type of Pagan and practice on my own sometimes.

In my free time I love to hula hoop and play with the dogs at the dog park I volunteer at. I love all kinds of music too.

mauvaisroux 07-11-2009 11:31 PM

Welcome! :)

Hydra 09-03-2009 11:59 PM

Name: Deanna
Religion/Spirituality: Kitchen Witch
Beginning Weight: 252
Current Weight: 237
Goal Weight: 180
Goal Date: 5/31/10

About me: Merry Meet! I have been coming here since mid August and I just noticed this section. I am thrilled to find other pagans here. My religion is very important to my well being. I feel very solid in my spirituality and my mind and now it is time to bring my body to a healthy place as well.

I have been pagan for over 20 years and I practice my faith alone and also with a group of like minded individuals. We call ourselves The Circle of The Seasons. I live with my bf, Pete, my cat, Loki and my son, Hunter. I became a grandmother last year! I work in the mental health field and in my spare time I like to write, read, make jewelry and paint.

Skullarix 09-06-2009 11:24 PM

Hello Hydra!

I wish you the very best of luck!

Pinaboo 01-11-2010 02:06 PM

My name is Tristan. I am 39, a pagan, and an empath (a little too empathic lol) living in New Mexico. My witchy-ways center around my art and my cat. Currently I am focused on weaving, spinning, and knitting although my natural artform is clay sculpture. I am working on pulling from the earth's energy rather than my own - in the past this has resulted in harmful effects. I am new to the study of Wicca and treasure what I am learning about myself and my magic which, until recently, has been intuitive rather than based on a religious practice.

I've been reading 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet forums for several years and finally felt like the time was right for joining. I'm committed to getting my body and mind healthy! The time is definitely right.

Thank you all for your stories and experiences.

Pinaboo

mauvaisroux 01-17-2010 08:51 PM

Welcome Pinaboo! :wave:

TheKid 01-26-2010 10:18 AM

I am so relieved to see this group! I am a solitary practitioner of Wicca and have been for almost a year now. I was introduced to Wicca as a child by my grandmother, who was a practicing Wiccan. She was also a Reiki master and she did a lot of work with crystals. I remember this huge, gorgeous amethyst log that she kept in her office near her altar and no one was allowed to touch it, but I sorely wanted to. I never did, but the temptation was always there, hahah.

I am 23-years-old, married to a great man, and momma to a 20-month-old little girl. My husband is extremely tolerant of my religion and interested in perhaps one day converting. He agrees with many of my spiritual beliefs, but he's just not ready to take the plunge and I will absolutely not push him. He was raised Catholic and his family is quite religious. We are exposing our daughter to aspects of Wicca, but it's not something that I will push on her. When she is older, if she tells me she wants to learn more about Wicca, and expresses interest in practicing Wicca, then I will gladly help her in her journey.

Something that has been helping me battle negative thoughts is embracing the Goddess within me...trying to see the beauty in my body at any size. But it is so difficult sometimes.

Anyway, before I continue rambling, I am just so happy to see a weight loss support area for the Pagan religions! This has truly brightened my day!

Brightest Blessings!

mauvaisroux 01-29-2010 09:30 AM

Welcome!:wave: