3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Paganchicks (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/paganchicks-185/)
-   -   Merry Meet and greet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/paganchicks/65925-merry-meet-greet.html)

bumbleebee 08-08-2007 08:16 PM

Hello...I just wanted to stop in and say a quick 'hi'. I'm a black, pagan woman in Michigan. I joined this site in January 2006, but after a bunch of starts n stops, I'm ready to start trying to achieve my weight loss goals again. That's about it. =)

c.

mauvaisroux 08-12-2007 08:15 PM

Hello Auntie Mame - nice to see you again! :)

Welcome to the group bumblebee! :wave:

WickedCrafty 08-17-2007 01:15 AM

Weighty Witch here

Ohhh thank you for having this board! *whew*
So glad I scoured the forum to locate it.
37 yr old domestic goddess, married 15 yrs, 2 kids ages 13 and 11, one dog furbaby and one cat furbaby. Been Pagan about all my life, solitary by choice, not Wiccan.

mauvaisroux 08-21-2007 08:56 PM

Welcome Wickedcrafty! :)

paganwife 08-26-2007 09:20 AM

Where'd everyone go?

Hi, just popped in to see how everyone is doing and the boards are so quiet!

Greetings to all the new people! How are you all doing on your journeys? My own progress is slow but steady.. I had wanted to get to 190 by September 1st and I don't know if I'll make it, but I'm still losing.

After so long **trying** to lose weight and now finally doing it, I have a hard time believing it's real and that I'll continue to lose. It just doesn't seem possible. Somebody pinch me! (No, not ALL of you! LOL)

WickedCrafty 08-26-2007 04:48 PM

*PINCH*
This past week was my first week at this again. I lost 8#. Typical for my first week though. It won't be this way all the way through, too bad! But it is enough to keep me motivated and excited!

paganwife 08-27-2007 12:21 AM

Wow, 8#! That's wonderful! What diet or plan are you using? I've been counting Weight Watchers points at home, and just got YOU: On a Diet from the library (Excellent, btw) and I'll be using the diet plan from there, I think. It seems like a very sensible plan.

Obviously, what you're doing is working! Care to tell us about it?

I have to remember that "Harm None" means be good to myself, too.

jo

AuntieMameNJ 08-27-2007 07:05 AM

That is a great loss. Congrats.

Howdja do it?

WickedCrafty 08-27-2007 09:23 AM

I have been keeping the carbs low and taking rx phentermine. This is what I did waaay back when and it is what has worked the best for me.

mauvaisroux 08-27-2007 07:44 PM

Paganwife - I love your avatar - I collect dragons. :)

paganwife 08-28-2007 03:03 PM

Thanks! :-) That's tattoo #4, and he lives on my right calf. He's good company.

mauvaisroux 08-28-2007 08:50 PM

Cool! :)

jeepifer 09-02-2007 05:17 AM

So glad I found you all!

I'm new to 3FC, and new to the Pagan path as well. Was feeling kinda "been there, done that" about the whole religion thing, but none of it felt right until I turned back to my true self and my core beliefs, including Goddess, Lady, Spirit, and Mother Earth.

My birthday is tomorrow (I'd say 38 years young but I feel 20 years older right now). I figured that is the proverbial "New Year" for me, and am praying for help in getting it right this year.

Anyhow, I'm not sure what else to say. :dizzy:

Oh, and on the subject of tats/piercings, for my birthday gift to myself, I'm getting a nose (nostril) piercing. I checked with my boss, because I'm a contractor trying to get hired permanently, to make sure it wouldn't screw up my application. As much as I'd like to just do what I'd like, I have a family to support and must be responsible to them.

I'm a little nervous, but hoping all will be well. I heal pretty well, so if I take care, I think I will love it!

Now to get this weight off so I can get my goal tat on my left shoulder! :D

Blessings,
Jenn

WickedCrafty 09-03-2007 10:35 PM

Hi Jenn! Welcome

gaia2094 09-09-2007 10:16 AM

Merry meet and billions of blessings! I'm Gaia, college student and going on my sixth year as a pagan/witch. In those six years I must have gained 40, maybe even 50 lbs (ugh). So, in keeping with the "my body is a temple" and to harm none, including myself, I've started up my diet program again, even seeing a nutritionist on campus to make sure its safe. Apparently, I was restricting my protein too much, of all things!

I actually got my first pantacle necklace 2 days ago at a local spiritual shop in the mall. It's absolutely amazing! It has Oroborus the snake encircling it, and when I wear it I don't get my usual drop of a hat panic attacks and odd worries that keep me up at night. I think its a serious sign from the Lord and Lady (but about what, haven't quite figured out yet, lol).