Old 10-22-2006, 01:25 AM   #1  
Pending Email Confirmation

Default mouth pain

You guys were all so good with sunburn remedies, i thought i'd try again with mouth pain. i just got all 4 wisdom teeth removed. cries. i'm doing the who vicoden thing but my cheeks are so swollen i can't close my mouth and its easier to spit out saliva than to swallow it - gross i know.
just wondering if you've been down this road, if anything helped to sooth it. i've been doing the peas in a ziplock and it helps a bit but only while it's on. tried some tiger balm like on my face but that seemed like a very bad idea after i did it..
ugh. pain sucks. good thing i opted to do them all at once!
lizziness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 09:43 PM   #2  
Member of the Gold Plan

I totally know that this is a way old thread, and you are completely recovered but for future posters, you can put warm, wet teabags in the back of your mouth where your teeth were. The tannins help decrease swelling. My dentist had me do that when I had all four of mine pulled at the same time.
coopergrrl is offline   Reply With Quote