3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/packaged-meals-clinics-nutrisystem-medifast-jenny-craig-etc-194/)
-   -   Nutrisystem Buddies? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/packaged-meals-clinics-nutrisystem-medifast-jenny-craig-etc/76566-nutrisystem-buddies.html)

Rizeninme 02-19-2006 07:22 AM

Nutrisystem Buddies?

How are all my Nutrisystem buddies doing?

I am doing great- just finished my sixth week on the program, and have lost 29 pounds! I am amazed at how easy it's been- I still LOVE that every day my food is ready to go, and I don't have to cook! I did get a little tired of salads, and have been substituting carrot sticks on some days instead of my salad.

I have been exercising 6x a week, doing water aerobics and walking on my treadmill- I'm finding that I am actually looking forward to exercising now, when before it was my biggest struggle.

Just curious how everyone else has been doing?

MELODY525 02-20-2006 05:50 PM

Riz~ WOW!! 29lbs....CONGRATULATIONS!! :encore: VERY NICE WORK!! I am pleased to see this today. My dd and her bf just bought me a months supply and I am very excited waiting for it to get here. I wish you and myself "courage"!!! :rofl: I love the siggie....it's so true.
Time for responsibility and I am ready. I'll look for you when I start. Would appreciate any input from a 6 week "pro". :dance:

roseofsharonkb1 02-22-2006 07:14 AM

Great job Riz! I'm in my 3rd week and have lost 8lbs. so far. Not bad, since I really haven't been exercising. Not to mention this week I have my monthly visitor :o I really need to get on the ball and start exercising regularly.

Melody, I know how you feel. I couldn't wait till my shipment arrived! I have found the majority of the foods pretty good, although it can't beat home-cooking! :D I've only had 3 things so far that weren't to my liking. :(

I've been using the NS website to log all my food and the journal to keep track of my daily thoughts about the diet. It has helped me see what triggers my cravings. I have cheated here and there, and don't really stick to it totally on the weekends. But I need to get serious because if I don't lose enough this month, I'll get frustrated...

Good Luck all and keep up the good work!

Sharon

quiltmama 02-22-2006 07:46 AM

Hello I saw your thread and I'm thinking about doing nutrisystem. I'm married and my concern is how to do the meal for the hubs? Any body have this problem and how have they handled it. How have you liked the diet and any info would be helpful. I'm not dieting it and I probably need to lost 50+ pounds I'm too scared to get on the scale.

MELODY525 02-22-2006 08:16 AM

Sharon~ Thanks for the encouragement. Congrats on your loss also!! Very nice!! I went to the website and joined after they ordered it. Wanted to read all the info I could get. I also ordered the book through our library.
They also sell it at Amazon.com I like your quote also and I am ready for action.

Quilt~ the kids bought me a month's supply. Not sure if I could really afford it on my own but I am hoping to get a good re-start out of it. go to their website and women there talk of how they handle meals. I read where they cook like they always did and just eat their food instead.
Either way....good luck with your decision.

quiltmama 02-22-2006 08:48 AM

Nutrisystem

I've yet to decide and I'm giving myself this week "hopefully" to resolve and go forward. I'm going to check out QVC and see if I can get them there just for a check and see.

I have some regular meal bars and some slim fast can drinks that I may use just this week to stick my toe in until I can get with a plan. I'm already facing a hurdle by visiting relatives out of town this weekend and I know there is a big dinner involved so I figure Monday is a good place to start. Thanks for the advice.

MELODY525 02-22-2006 05:12 PM

My food supply came :dance: Tomorrow is Day 1 :eat1:

quiltmama 02-22-2006 06:14 PM

Melody is this your first time on nutrisystem. Keep me posted I just ordered a week supply and will begin in when it comes in. I'm interested to hear how your week goes. Which type did you get?

Lunula 02-22-2006 07:30 PM

Great job! I started NS about five weeks ago, lost 16 pounds but fell off the bandwagon after having back surgery. However, I just went back to work yesterday and my skirt actually fit (it was snug before I left work about six weeks ago) - so I am motivated again to continue! Promptly got back on plan yesterday morning... and now DH wants to do it with me! He's been eating all my "reject" meals, lol. :D

Gonna stay on for another week before I weigh-in again (afraid I gained during my time off) - but I'm so glad to hear of other people doing this!

What's your fave meal? Personally, I'm digging those pizzas - I sprinkle about half a tablespoon of bacon bits and put garlic powder & italian seasoning... mmmmm!:cp:

quiltmama 02-23-2006 07:02 AM

That pizza sounds good, I'm not sure what comes with mine. I just ordered the one week supply. I've not weighed yet. Almost did this morning, but chickened out. I think I'm also going to join TOPS as a face to face support group. We've lived here 3 years and I've not worked very hard to make any friends so it wouldn't hurt to meet some nice people and have some diet support locally. TOPS will weigh me so I may leave it at that. But I think I will track during that first week on NS and see how it goes. Wow it would be great if my husband would join me, but he losing his weight another way.

Hey where do ya'll get those cute little scale measurements? As soon as I know what I weigh I'd like one of those.

Rizeninme 02-23-2006 03:01 PM

I'm a really picky eater, so my autoship is very simple-

Breakfast- Granola, Shredded Wheat and Chocolate Chip Bars
Lunch- Bean and Ham Soup, Cream of Broccoli Soup, Minestrone Soup and Vegetable Beef Soup, and I also get the Toffee Nutripeptide Bars
Dinner- Chicken Primavera with Vegetables, Lasagna, Ravioli and Meat Sauce, Almond Chicken and Rice, Pepper Steak and Rice
Dessert- Lemon Blueberry Bar, Mocacchino Bar, Peanut Butter Bar, Caramel Bar

Those are my favorites, and that's what I stick to.

BUT, I strongly recommend trying everything, because you never know what you are going to like- personally, I hate the pizza, and that is most everyone's favorite!

Melody- how was day one?

quiltmama 02-23-2006 03:53 PM

Well I will try everything because I get funny/weird moods with food so I'd better give things a try. I'm getting excited for my package to come in and to a test week. Since I only ordered yesterday it should probably take about another week to get here. So I will weigh the day I start and then at the end. Even though mid way I may decide to go with it for a few months and then switch to calorie counting. Right now, I'm still making it minute by minute and hour by hour.

MELODY525 02-23-2006 05:13 PM

Riz~ i am having a ball. I feel a little silly about it but it's been a fun day. I got a basket and put day 1's meals in it and left it on the counter last night....i could hardly sleep like it was Christmas. :rofl: I love not cooking too and tossing the containers in the trash!! lol Hopefully these smaller portions will be the answer for me...just a bit worried about the sodium count though but time will tell.
yopu have done a fab job and wish you continued success!

Lun~ hello and I am glad to find others myself. congrats on your loss also and lots of luck. I am more than ready for some success!!!

Quilt~ I ordered from QVC.com and they had the 28 meal International program there. I didn't want weekends off like the 20 day because that's the time when I can cheat and no one sees it! :rofl: Hope the kit arrives soon and you can tell us your thoughts too. you can find these "tickers" when you go to your user page. Then you click on change your signature and there will be an address you can click on to make one. There are also instructions on the webisite if you will go above here and click on 3fc on a diet weight loss community...then once there you can browse through the forums for instructions. if i find it, i'll post a link here later.

As I said day one is going well and it's so simple. I did my food shopping for veggies, salad and dairy and am all set to go. Even Jen (DD) was impressed with the varieties and amounts of foods allowed. with the international I will get to taste a LOT of different meals. Then I will sit down after the month draws to an end and decide if I can afford it and is it working. Keeping my fingers crossed. :scooter:

MELODY525 02-23-2006 05:19 PM

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=40

Quilt~ this is a good page with lots of info. Enjoy!

atechwoman 02-24-2006 09:36 AM

Hi, I'm new at this site, well not new, new I've browsed a few times for the reviews on the current "quick loss" pills that you see advertised on TV - You know which ones I mean! I joined and ordered my Nutrisystem meals yesterday. I can't wait til they come. I just celebrated my one month anniversary of quitting smoking, I was overweight before, and I've put on some more weight now. I need to loose at least 50 pounds, I don't own a scale, so I guess I'm going to have to buy one. I bought a book "Eat up to slim down" and I swear I was cooking every nite until about 7:00pm getting ready for the next day's breakfasts & lunches, my husband & I were both following that plan. What a pain!! I'm hoping the NS plan will be easy to follow. My mom lost weight on Nutrisystems a long, long time ago, think I was still in high school, I'm 42 now. I started walking on the treadmill a week before I quit smoking and have been trying to do it at least 5 times a week. Boy I hope this works! So glad I found this forum I wanted to find some people that had actually done the plan themselves and not just go on the testimonials on NS's website, I mean really who would put negative things on there when they're trying to sell you something?? I'll post more when I finally get my meals!

Colleen

Rizeninme 02-24-2006 01:12 PM

I have to admit that I was a little skeptical at first myself, and the main reason why I decided on Nutrisystem was for convenience- I don't like cooking for myself, and I didn't want to go to any meetings.

I have been really suprised at how easy this diet has been, and at the weight that I have lost. It is hands down the easiest diet I have ever done- I too have spent hours cooking and preparing meals on diets before, and while I don't mind when my husband is home, because he'll eat anything, I HATE cooking for myself.

I love coming home and knowing that my dinner is literally four minutes from being ready to eat. It is so easy for me to avoid temptations and convenience foods because I know that I have something waiting at home for me. In the past, that has been my biggest downfall- after a long day, when I am tired and hungry, the last thing I want to do is cook.

I know this diet isn't for everyone, but it's for me! :)

MELODY525 02-24-2006 03:39 PM

:welcome: and hope you do well also. I am just on day #2 so I have nothing to report as yet and my losses will be slow anyway. I love the convenience of not cooking also so I am finding the program good from my point of view. Have a nice weekend.

Riz~ your posts were the reason I ordered my first box! :encore:

rncynthia 02-28-2006 05:32 AM

I'm new too!

Hi all, I've been on the plan for 1 wk, tomorrow (Tues) is my weigh in day. I have to confess though, that I've gotten on the scales every day this week. It's surprising really - I went up and down daily. So we'll see if tomorrow is as good or better than today. I work 6p-6a 3 days a week, and I'm still trying to get my meal times figured out. It's a challenge, but y'all are right, it's much better not having to cook. I'm planning on joining the Army Reserves, and I really need to lose this weight. I hope we all do great!!:carrot:

quiltmama 02-28-2006 07:23 AM

I'm back and glad to see every body is still doing great. My QVC NS hasn't arrived yet, but I did get an email saying it has shipped. My husband and I went to my uncles Thursday night and got back late Monday Night, but guess what, a cousin has been using NS for over 2 months and she has lost more than 2 clothes sizes. She looks great! I got a chance to talk to her. She does the weekends off plan, but she stays on her diet. Her package came with vitamins and everything. She said it also included a great info package on what you could eat out and what to eat on the weekends to stay on the diet.

I was very impressed by her results. I've been maintaining my plan as I started it last week. I'm eating about 1200 calories daily so I've given my diet a good kick start while waiting for my NS to arrive.

Melody thanks for the info on how to get the sign block. I've not weighed yet but will go to my first Tops meeting tonight. I've been waiting till my NS package arrives then I will weight the first day I start it.

I also ordered the book Calorie Queens and it came while we were gone and I was reading it last night and so far find that a very realistic approach to life time eating. I'm so glad I'm back!

MELODY525 02-28-2006 07:52 AM

:welcome: Cynthia and keeping fingers crossed for both of our weigh-ins!!!:carrot: I love the convenience.....what could be easier! Good luck and keep us all posted. I use the same name on the BB on the NS web addie.

Quilt~ my order came a few days earlier than QVC had said so maybe yours will too! I have been reading their book also I got on loan from a lending library. I think all the diet books have good info and I just need to take the parts I know will work for me and keep exercising and drinking water. good luck when it arrives. I am excited for you!:carrot:

Today is day six and I'll get on the scale Thursday morning.:p I feel much better and stronger somehow.
Not physically but maybe a better word would be I have "more resolve" .....more faith in myself and in actually doing something good for myself this year.
Have a great week!! :scooter:

MELODY525 02-28-2006 07:54 AM

Quilt~ I meant to say I like the cousin's results also!!! Very nice news. good you already started cutting back. I did the same thing. good luck at tops!!!

quiltmama 02-28-2006 08:25 AM

Right now any motivation that a person can use getting them through the first "life-changing" steps should be grabbed and I'm grabbing all I can!!!

I hope my NS comes today! But I'll still continue on as I've been doing regardless and will continue to read the book Calorie Queens and TOPS. I'm just hoping it is a good group and I like it.

roseofsharonkb1 02-28-2006 11:22 AM

Hello Everyone!
It's been over a week since I last posted, and I'm glad to see that we've gained a few more people.:D Well, I'm starting week four and as you can see by my signature, I'm down 11lbs. as of Sunday. :carrot: I delayed my next deliver by a week, because I haven't been strictly following the plan on the weekends. Still haven't been able to consistently exercise either :( Guess I got to get my lazy @$$ off the couch in the evenings :o My pants are starting to fit better again though, and that makes me happy! Keep up the great work everyone, and you'll hear from me again soon!

Rose of Sharon

Rizeninme 02-28-2006 01:50 PM

rncynthia- I am so proud of you for losing weight to join the military- my husband lost 80 pounds after 9/11 and joined the Army. Good job on your first week- getting into a routine is the hardest thing, but once you get your rythym, this is so easy!

Rose of Sharon- Exercise was the hardest thing for me, hands down. But, I have found something that I love- water aerobics, and I have a buddy that I go with, and we help keep each other motivated. We agreed to never let the other back out. So, when I don't feel like going, she makes me, and when she doesn't feel like going, I make her! But even starting slow- walk for ten minutes. Walk for five minutes! Start somewhere, and try to do something every day. On Sunday, I did a lot of cleaning, including scrubbing floors, and I counted that as my exercise for the day- hey, I broke a sweat, and it's hard scrubbing floors!

quiltmama 02-28-2006 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rizeninme
rncynthia- I am so proud of you for losing weight to join the military- my husband lost 80 pounds after 9/11 and joined the Army. Good job on your first week- getting into a routine is the hardest thing, but once you get your rythym, this is so easy!

Rose of Sharon- Exercise was the hardest thing for me, hands down. But, I have found something that I love- water aerobics, and I have a buddy that I go with, and we help keep each other motivated. We agreed to never let the other back out. So, when I don't feel like going, she makes me, and when she doesn't feel like going, I make her! But even starting slow- walk for ten minutes. Walk for five minutes! Start somewhere, and try to do something every day. On Sunday, I did a lot of cleaning, including scrubbing floors, and I counted that as my exercise for the day- hey, I broke a sweat, and it's hard scrubbing floors!

oh boy do I understand 100% of what you wrote. I'm not exercising any yet but I know I need too. I have the tae bo DVD and a treadmill plus some free weights, I'm hoping I can get myself into them soon and begin a routine.

Rizeninme 02-28-2006 07:40 PM

I guess how I was able to motivate myself to finally start exercising was with three facts:

1. Calories burned equals pounds lost. Indesputable fact. Exercise burns more calories, and results in quicker weight loss than without exercise.

2. Exercise builds muscle which will help with long term weight control. Muscle burns more calories than fat. The more muscle you have, the more calories you burn, the easier it is to maintain. This is so important to me because I have quite possibly lost and then re-gained 500 pounds in the last ten years.

3. Exercise improves cardiovascular health and reduces health problems. I like my life. I want to stick around as long as I can. I do not want to die early because I can't get off the couch.

It was really hard to actually start. I am a big girl, and I am very self conscious of my body- getting in a bathing suit every day is not my idea of a good time. BUT, I do it. I don't make it optional for myself anymore. I was robbing myself of a good life, and robbing my family and my husband of the best part of me- the fun, fit and happy me. I want that part of me back. I just got sick and tired of being fat, and I decided to do something about it. I have a treadmill at my house, and I have probably 20 work out videos, but I don't do them. I paid for a Curves mebership for fifteen months and only went 32 times! I guess I just finally hit rock bottom to where nothing else on this earth is more important than being healthy. Now, I love going to my WA class- I look forward to it every day- not to getting in a bathing suit, but to how I feel when I am done. Not many things feel better than knowing that I have just finished a good workout, and that every day I am getting closer to my goal of being fit and happy.

quiltmama 02-28-2006 11:12 PM

sounds like hitting rock bottom as you put it was a wake up call, I know I needed one to get me in gear and I just hope I can stay in gear. I do hope to get the rest of me in gear exercise wise, I'm taking this one step at a time. I know I have many months to diet, and I know if I overwhelm myself I'll go down the tubes.

It sounds like you are really motivated and I'm so glad for you! I know what it takes in me to get to a place where I can do something. Geez, I hate getting into a bathing suit, always have and probably always will no matter what I weigh, but that is just me.

roseofsharonkb1 03-01-2006 08:34 AM

I know what you guys mean, getting into a bathing suit is something I've avoided for years! Even trying one on makes me break out in a sweat! ;) Along with that, trying on clothes in general has lost all its charm for me over the past few years. Although, it hasn't stopped me from shopping :D

The exercise thing is really tough for me. My hubby and I are moving in about a month to a nice rural neighborhood and our plan is to start walking the circle we'll live on (1.5 miles around once). The neighborhood we live in now is not conducive to walking, not without a can of mace! :eek: I've been doing yoga for weight loss sporadically over the past few weeks, but can't get into the groove. I'm up at 5AM every morning, at work by 6:30 and get home around 4PM. Last night, I got home, changed clothes, plopped on the couch and read till about 7:00, fell asleep, woke up at 10:30 and went to bed. I've got sleep apnea, so that makes me tired all the time. But bad me, I won't wear the CPAP machine I have (HATE IT!). So I'm taking one day at a time.

Rose of Sharon

MELODY525 03-01-2006 05:59 PM

After reading all these posts, I hope I can lose on this plan without a lot of exercise. I am so very limited in what I can do now. What do you girls think? you've been on the NS plan a lot longer than me. Any suggestions?

Rizeninme 03-02-2006 01:18 AM

What do you mean by limited- physically or finacially?

If it's physical, I can relate- I have a bad knee that gives me all sorts of problems. But, I can do water aerobics, and that's what I do. Maybe when I get lighter it will be easier, but right now that's about it. Everything else is too painful. I have a sister who is disabled and in a wheelchair, and she does "chair aerobics" which are basically seated workouts. She has two tapes by Jodi Stolove, and she really likes them. She does them sitting in her wheelchair, but you can do them sitting in any chair if you have problems with your back or legs, as long as you can sit and move your arms and legs, you can do this.

If it's financial, all I can say is that it is free to walk, and you can walk just about anywhere. When my sister was pregnant we would go and walk at the mall because she has asthma, and being outside bothered her, but she was fine in airconditioning. Most cities have public parks and walking/biking trails that are always nice.

quiltmama 03-02-2006 07:36 AM

Sharon, I understand on your sleep apnea, my husband has that too, and he hated the mask but would wear it and then take it off after about 4 or 5 hours. Then he went away on a trip for 5 days and didn't take it with him at all. Lo and Behold he was so tired that he realized the extra oxygen he was getting during his sleep made a big difference. He started sleeping with it every night and he feels so much better. That was about 4 years ago. We take it every where we go now because of the difference in his energy. He was very over weight, by about 40 pounds. When he started using the machine he started having more energy, not being so tired and he started eating less and lost weight.

I blew my plan yesterday. I was going to start working out with free weights working with my arms. Instead I cleaned house. so I'm going to try and get it worked into my plan today, me thinks there is a resistance to change factor in me!

MELODY525 03-02-2006 09:43 AM

Riz~ Yes I have Muscular Dystrophy and am in a wheelchair. Thanks for the name of those tapes. I made a call to the MDA clinic and will ask about them when they call. This disorder has progressed so much that I can only do stretching now. Arms are pretty weak too.... but I will google those tapes today and check them out. Thanks.:D

Rose and Quilt~ Hope you are both sleeping better!!:hug:

My 1st weigh-in was today and I lost 1.5 lbs :carrot:
I was a tiny bit disappointed but it's a start!
Have a great day and a Happy Weekend too!

quiltmama 03-02-2006 10:27 AM

great and congrats

Melody

Congrats on the weight loss. Let me know what the books say and how they work.

quiltmama 03-03-2006 05:48 AM

Well my nutrisystem 1 week meal package arrived yesterday so today will be my first day, I've weighed and will weigh at the end. I'm a little excited about it all but scared too, scared that I won't like the food.

MELODY525 03-03-2006 04:49 PM

Quilt I Was Nervous Too But It Passes. I Happen To Love The Food. The Ns Book I Borrowed From The Lending Library Was Great And If I Was Doing The Diet Without The Food I Would Buy It For Ideas And Recipes. But For Now I Am Staying With The Ordered Food. LOTS OF LUCK AND I'LL SEND GOOD SCALE VIBES YOUR WAY!!! O CHEATING!!

I Feel Great And Think This Is The Best Thing I Have Done For Myself In A Very Long Time. Plus It Gives Me Time Out Of The Kitchen.
Happy Friday And Hope You All Have A Wonderful Weekend.

quiltmama 03-04-2006 07:48 AM

I did eat the breakfast and lunch. I started with the pancakes and added sugar free syrup. They were very nice. Then I had the chicken and pasta in a sauce for lunch. It was also good. I added fruit and snacks to it. I knew I wouldn't make the dinner meal because we were going out. I still stayed within my calories so I'm not unhappy about it. I like the meals so far and can see how easy it is.

roseofsharonkb1 03-06-2006 01:02 PM

It's me again!

Hello Everyone,
I hope your weekend went well. Stepped on the scale Sunday and I'm down 2lbs. So that's a total of 13lbs. in 4 weeks. I can't say I'm totally enjoying the NS food. I've found my "favorites" and have adjusted my next shipment. I do have leftovers from this one, but I think I'll save them as a last resort. Hubby and I went out to a BBQ place for dinner on Saturday night, I was surprised of how much I couldn't eat! I use to clean a plate of BBQ with no problem! :D Anyway, Quiltmama hope you had a good weekend and are finding the NS to your liking. It is convenient and I to love the portion control. Sometimes though, the only thing that saves the meal is the salad or fruit! :dizzy: Rizz, Melody keep up the good work! I am thinking of giving up the NS and just counting calories or I may go another month, I haven't decided yet. You'll hear from me again soon.

Rose of Sharon

quiltmama 03-06-2006 02:02 PM

RoseofSharon

Well I can say one thing for it, it is convient, but I'm beginning to feel that I can cook low-calorie and low-fat on my own and just count the calories. I think the weight I will lose and/or can lose will be about the same. Some of the dinner meals are fairly high in calories and that is before you add the salad and vegtables. So really all there is left is a meat. I'm pretty simple where that is concerned so baked chicken or fish is fine with me so I think it does equal lesser. The ones I don't eat for my week I will keep as fill in when I'm bored or just can't bring myself to cook.

I like the food, that is not my issue but now there is so much out there that is low calorie. I've eaten the food bars, and besides being high in calories, I prefere the taste of the Adkins bars. Now this is just me because I've gotten to like them. I'm sure I will down the road as time goes on order more because they are great fill ins for me. I just can't see myself eating them through out this diet. I don't consider counting calories a hassle because I consider it an education to what my portion sizes need to be, and the counting calories helps me know when to say no. I think the program is great thought and my cousin has done wonderful on it, where nothing else has helped her. I guess we all have out methods that work best with our personality and we are lucky that we have some great choices to help us along this jouney.

MELODY525 03-06-2006 05:26 PM

I am a bit excited. I was still down 2.5 lbs today and it is Day 12. Not bad. I know it won't stay this good but I am happy for now!!:carrot:
I am feeling much better in my stomach with this plan. More energy too. I had a soda today at the Mall and feel like crap right at this moment though!! :lol3: don't think I will be doing that any time soon!! Happy Monday everyone and hope our week is ON PLAN no matter which plan we use!!

Rose~ Congrats on your loss also!! Great!!:D You must be happy the scale is in your favor!!:carrot: I decided to order again from QVC. It's called the Internationsl Pkg. Not bad and it's the 28 day plan also. I'll make a decision at the end of April. let me know how the counting calories thing goes if you try it. Have you been to the Jazzman's website with all the recipes they have for people doing NS plan and cooking for themselves? Great info on that site!!
let me know if you cannot find it.

Quilt~ I am still loving the food and the convenience. I am SOLD!! :rofl: Good luck with your trial and decision. It's a tough call but I think this plan is really for me. I finally found something where I feel full, can be lazy in the kitchen and I like the food. I know I won't love everything but ..... I am giving it my best shot!!

quiltmama 03-06-2006 08:09 PM

I think that is one of the best things about Nutrisystem, easy on the kitchen and planning. I think this is a must for folks who work or have kids at home, they have no time to make any plans for themselves. I'm fitting in my NS package here and there, in fact it will come in very handy this week when we do a changing of the guards with my father in the hospital. I'll take all my NS meals with me for 2.5 days and just toss some fruit in. I'll really be depending on it then to keep me on track. My dad has been in the hospital since last week and he just can not be trusted to behave unless some one is there with him. My husband, god bless his soul is over there staying for two days and then I'll take over late Wed until Friday or Saturday. I may be hopping a plane to anywhere after there, LOL.